The Definitive "All 6s and 7s" Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gofer

Sicc OG
Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
He wasn't fucking with new producers when he had Freddy Machete on Lost Scripts, when he introduced EmayDee, Charles S. Neal IV & Lonard "Nardo" Young on Gates, worked with Orenthil "Ozone Beats" Spencer for the first time on Seepage, and then there's Bad Season which brought Red Spyda, Cookin' Soul and Travis Barker to the table thanks to Whoo Kidd?
Well yea thats what I meant... Bad season, lost scripts, and seepage have all had a bunch of new producers Tech had never used, and Im glad he finally is.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Ah, given the timing I thought you may have been referring to the fact he's got Will Power and J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League for All 6s and 7s, and not him stepping outside of the "Strange circle" over the past year or two.

More info regarding Stokley Williams, Tech looks to want him on The Boogieman.

http://twitter.com/TechN9ne/statuses/32870210209849345
Tech via Twitter said:
I think @StokleyWilliams would be perfect for the hook Mak & Krizz just wrote for THE BOOGIEMAN!

Aug 31, 2005
This may be a good thing. The last time Tech really messed with "industry producers" was on Everready with Traxster & Rick Rock (then there was Buckwild, but that one was cut). That's not to say that the Matics, Youngfyres, Sanders etc. haven't delivered some dope material
only ds2 hasnt done a retail released tech beat in 2+ years..the only producer as of late I havent been feeling is youngfyre because some of his beats sound like rehashed throwaways and wyshmaster..would like a seven, matic, ds2 and rubonyx album

but definitely welcome new producers

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
Incorrect. A double disc is irrelevant to sales (and actually may detour buyers as they can be pricey), it would make it easier for him to go "platinum" however. Though none of his albums have made Gold yet, including Killer which was a double disc (not sure if Everready falls under the rule).
Oh damn, I thought when one unit sold it soundscanned as 2.
Did Killer outsell Everready though?

On another note having Tech on some J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League production
hell yes!
Looking forward to WorldWide Choppers too.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
When it comes to Soundscan, a sale is a sale. It doesn't matter if there's one disc or two, it's treated as "one unit." However when it comes to RIAA certification, they have it set up that if there are two discs totaling over 100 minutes, then it counts as "two units." So a double album like Killer needs to ship 250,000 units to be certified gold (as opposed to 500,000 for a single disc). However when it comes to soundscan, 250,000 sales is still 250,000 sales.

Jan 16, 2007
I just watched an interview with Tech and Yelawolf in the studio for Worldwide Choppers...and Tech basically confirmed the song will have Yela, Twista, And Busta on it....

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
You mean the same "interview" that I posted three posts above yours? That "interview" doesn't go anywhere near "confirming" that Busta or Twista will be on it, he just said they're among the ones that could hang. Now his UStream from the studio actually outright says that he's going to try and get them on there.

Jan 16, 2007
^^^that would be the one....and ur sarcastic reply is uncalled for......I mean Im using common sense here but why would Tech mention Busta and Twista????

cuz they could "hang" on the same track.....of course they can any idiot knows that, and Busta and Twista are arguable as fast or faster than Tech. No shit they could hang.....

So that leads me to 1 of 2 possibilities. and that is either Tech is going John Madden on us with the commentaries or those guys are on the track.....

just sayin.....

and u dont need to come off like a "know it all" with every fucking post do u?

Nov 6, 2005
When it comes to Soundscan, a sale is a sale. It doesn't matter if there's one disc or two, it's treated as "one unit." However when it comes to RIAA certification, they have it set up that if there are two discs totaling over 100 minutes, then it counts as "two units." So a double album like Killer needs to ship 250,000 units to be certified gold (as opposed to 500,000 for a single disc). However when it comes to soundscan, 250,000 sales is still 250,000 sales.
Im making this my sig so that this doesnt need to be posted 80000 times a year.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
^^^that would be the one....and ur sarcastic reply is uncalled for......I mean Im using common sense here but why would Tech mention Busta and Twista????

cuz they could "hang" on the same track.....of course they can any idiot knows that, and Busta and Twista are arguable as fast or faster than Tech. No shit they could hang.....

So that leads me to 1 of 2 possibilities. and that is either Tech is going John Madden on us with the commentaries or those guys are on the track.....

just sayin.....

and u dont need to come off like a "know it all" with every fucking post do u?
Tech says a lot of shit that doesn't happen, so what's your argument?

I'm still waiting on a Jellysickle remix, but that hasn't happened.

There's almost 8 hours between the post Kain made and yours that both included the same video. If you had for some reason already saw it in Kain's post, but needed to really drive home the emphasis of the video by posting it again, I can understand but you should have worded differently.

If you just missed it, then that's cool, too, but I would remind you to try and at least scan the posts so you don't get called out for not paying attention.

Jul 1, 2004
Tech says a lot of shit that doesn't happen, so what's your argument?

I'm still waiting on a Jellysickle remix, but that hasn't happened.

There's almost 8 hours between the post Kain made and yours that both included the same video. If you had for some reason already saw it in Kain's post, but needed to really drive home the emphasis of the video by posting it again, I can understand but you should have worded differently.

If you just missed it, then that's cool, too, but I would remind you to try and at least scan the posts so you don't get called out for not paying attention.
I remember a mention of a remix with Yukmouth, was it in your interview years back?