The Adult Swim discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Frisky been canceled for a couple of years now. They only got the 2 seasons and the couple of episodes of The Xtacles spin off show. One of the guys is doing Archer on fx.

Well, Venture bros is basically a spoof on old 70's-80's adventure shows and some pop culture references too, but its actually funny. Also they have a linear timeline to the story so as the seasons progress the characters age, pretty good imo.

Apr 23, 2010

OMG Walter! Remember when Jason broke his arm and you wrote me a note on his cast? It made me feel special, like when you put both your hands on my bum and push me on the swing. But I don't like how Jason only hangs out with us when things aren't going well with Brendon and Melissa. He's also kind of fat- maybe he should join the soccer team. I don't think he would be any good, though.

Jan 9, 2009
i try to watch two episodes of Squidbillies everyday on the ol dvr.

i wish i could talk like Early Cuyler.. the way he creates words....poetry in motion.

im trying to give Children's Hospital a chance.. i mean i get a few chuckles but overall that shit is stupid. so stupid. i feel now that im stuck on this train i might as well watch til the last stop.

anyone here watch Delocated?

just watched the Venture Bros. new episode.. it was meh.
u right tho 0R0 animation was dope.. didnt think of that til u said it.
they did some slick shit that episode..

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
i try to watch two episodes of Squidbillies everyday on the ol dvr.

i wish i could talk like Early Cuyler.. the way he creates words....poetry in motion.

im trying to give Children's Hospital a chance.. i mean i get a few chuckles but overall that shit is stupid. so stupid. i feel now that im stuck on this train i might as well watch til the last stop.

anyone here watch Delocated?

just watched the Venture Bros. new episode.. it was meh.
u right tho 0R0 animation was dope.. didnt think of that til u said it.
they did some slick shit that episode..
Delocated is my favorite of the live action shows. Haven't checked the new season yet been meaning to. Thanks for reminding me.

Check this panel out where they talk to the voice/inspiration of Early.

starts @ 1:30, then again @ 5:25 he sings a song.

http://video.adultswim.com/convention-panels/the-squidbillies-dragoncon-panel-09.html

Have you been watching Venture bros since the beginning? Its better if you know all the backstory because it has a lot of callbacks and character development for a cartoon show.

Jan 9, 2009
yeah i been watchin Venture Bros. for a long time.

heres my Adult Swim "cool story bro" when i was recovering from my brain surgery, adult swim got me thru hella nights. when you stay in a hospital for a long time, you end up hating the night time. it takes too long.. nothing happens. you usually cant sleep. no visitors. it all around sucks.. youre just waiting for the sun to come up.. lol
anyway, Adult Swim was my solace... i watched everything on that shit (except any anime)

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Cool story bro indeed, you should whore out your sob story and send it to adultswim, I think they might at least plug your DJ name or site in a bump. Free adspace on tv = epic win.

Last nights episode of Venture bros was the shit.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
Anyone catch the season finale of Venture Bros. last night?

Might be the best episode they've ever done.
The creators did a mini hosting thing between the commercial breaks and they look just like billy quizboy and pete white. I thought it was funny.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Has anyone caught Off The Air? They only have 2 episodes out so far but it's.... interesting lol. Possibly the most random show in [as] history since it's just a series of shorts that are somewhat tied together by a theme. It has it's moments tho, some cool animation sequences here and there and it's just very weird, but in a good way. Kind of like a Xavier/Tim & Eric weird, but less gay and actually watchable.

http://video.adultswim.com/off-the-air/food.html

Also they have used music from a band I listen to(Atlas Sound) so that's neat.