The Adult Swim discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com

I actually saw the new episode of Tim and Eric.....and dare I say.......enjoyed it :ermm: shit I ain't gonna lie, I was cracking up at it. Liked Super Jail and Drinky Crow, hope they both get new seasons. Delocated is ok from what I've seen.

Dec 25, 2003
adult swim and bet is all i watch on tv

except for on sundays, no bet sundays for me im black but not that black
Man I listened to KMEL on sunday morning for the first time ever

They got some bumpin ass updated gospel music

Shit made me laugh

"Jeeeeesus" wit a thumpin ass beat

"Ima do somethin nice for my hater todaaayyy"

Jul 6, 2008
squidbillies - this shit has so much potential to go mainstream. the only thing they need to do is tone it down a lil bit and make it more primetime friendly.

i can see this thing goin major after the simpsons and family guy dies off in a couple of years.

there is this part of an episode where the kid is about to go down a slide and the kid wants it to be a waterslide. so the father spits out some tobacco chew onto the slide and tells the kid to slide down. funny shit.

like i said the potential is there for this to be a mainstream cartoon. it is up to squidbillies on if the want to stay on cartoon network and stay ruff and raw or if they want to polish up their act and go bigt time.

if king of the hill can make it, so can this show.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
part of makes squidbillies funny is that its not mainstream ready

it has the aura of shotgun toting/methanthetimine rage/inbreeding/watered down beer abuse

and it should stay that way

if i watch squidbillies, i should feel like bed bugs are crawling on me

i want it to be dirty and nasty thats the point
if it cleaned up i dont think id wanna watch it

Jul 6, 2008
it doesn't have to be cleaned up all the way. i'm thinking if they can get it to the point of like a beavis and butthead disgustingness, then it's good enough that it's dirty put it's got some polish to it.

it's like when you polish some brass with regular polish, doesn't quite get rid of the grimyness taht's on the brass, but it just cleaned the surface of the brass.

"it has the aura of shotgun toting/methanthetimine rage/inbreeding/watered down beer abuse"

you can still keep all of that, just polish it, but just to the point to where it's about to push the envelope.

fuck, maybe they can have two squidbillies - a rated r on cartoon network and a more mainstream one on fox. fox is the only major station i could see squidbillies being seen on nationally.

like i said it's right on the brink. in a couple of years, you will see puberty induced acne kids with their squidbilly backpacks bumpin mac dre, letting their dreads flow like wha just happened to the scene. you heard it here first, the game has done changed in the future. lol, haha. oh, the marketing on this show can cross all socioeconomic bounderies.

Dec 7, 2005
I'VE BEEN WATCHIN ADULT SWIM SINCE IT FIRST AIRED, ITS THE ONLYTHING I WATCH BESIDES THE HISTORY CHANNEL

SUPERJAIL, SQUIDBILLY'S, ROBOT CHICKEN, DRINKY CROW ARE FUNNY AS FUCK BUT I AINT FEELIN ANY OF THE LIVE ACTION PROGRAMS, TIM AND ERIC HAS ITS MOMENTS BUT I THINK YOU REALLY GOT TO BE ON SOME GOOD SHIT TO ENJOY THAT SHOW

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i dont think beavis and butthead would fly as a new show

its kinda like hwo there were some extra sleazy talk shows back in the day that wont get created again

its why adult swim is popular, i think if you take that away from adult swim then we have no adult swim. im glad theres certain types of cartoons at night.

create some other type of shit for the mainstream once you realize it works but no reason to take away from an already successful (or gaining success) time

its like the alternative for the late night show crowd or anyone up at that time, i originally started watching adult swim because i was on shrooms/ecstacy/etc etc hella late at night and had nothin to do

and for you cokeheads adult swim should be a godsend up until about 6am

the 2-6am block is wild but you get a few repeats like boondocks

May 17, 2004

I actually saw the new episode of Tim and Eric.....and dare I say.......enjoyed it :ermm: shit I ain't gonna lie, I was cracking up at it. Liked Super Jail and Drinky Crow, hope they both get new seasons. Delocated is ok from what I've seen.
damn i didnt know new tim and erics were even on.

my favorite show on adult swim is aqua teen hunger force. weird at first but its hella funny. new episodes start this coming weekend.

Jul 6, 2008
i don't care either way, but i'm just sayin dont be suprised if it goes major. there is gonna be a void to fill in a couple of years when ratings go down. i'm saying this as if 2012 isnt gonna wipe us out, but let's see what else pops up besides the side shows for family guy , aka the cleveland show. either way i aint gonna be mad at squidbillies, still my show, fuck the rest mayne.

the adult swim reality shows don't do it for me either like you guys said. guess you gotta be super high to enjoy some of them.

from what i know all stoners unite with the adult swim. don't know any stoners taht don't nay like any adult swim.

Jun 3, 2006
we was watchin family guy on adult swin on demand, and i asked about drinky crow my girl said its about a crow that drinks...is she fuckin wit me?