Strange Music Best Album This Year So far

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Whats the best strange music cd this year?

• Brotha Lynch Hung – Dinner and a Movie

Votes: 92 62.2%
  • Cognito – Automatic

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Kutt Calhoun – Raw and Un-Kutt

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Tech N9ne – The Gates Mixed Plate

Votes: 20 13.5%

• Total voters
Dec 14, 2005
Yall are crazy..

If Tech put out dinner and a movie youd all be sayin "all he does is talk about nigga nuts and guts gettin served up on every track!!"

DAAM is good put you can listen to one or two tracks and get the jist of the album

Sep 30, 2002
Don't say shit to me for saying that The Gates Mixed Plate is the best album of the year for Strange music, because the reality is it still made the biggest impact on the label. We debated it more than any other album, and the truth is, if you arent ready to be depressed as shit by the time you listen all the way through K.O.D (which I loved and think it deserves an honorable mention) or wanting to listen to an audio horror movie in DAAM, (which was also a very good album by a legend) The Gates Mixed Plate, Raw and Unkutt, and Genius are by far the 3 albums that if you were riding with some friends or some chicks that you could put in and let the whole album play and have everyone nodding their head and digging the songs. I am sorry but there are songs I like to listen to for the creativity and the thought process behind it, and then there are albums that are intended to do something like push you into the limelight you deserve, and whether any of you like it, it was the Mixed Plate that is gonna do it. I interviewed a friend in the industry who is pretty well known cat and he said Tech is gonna be the "Go to" M.C. this year for any mainstream cat that wants a dope verse. He also said that artists were always wanting to wait till they had a weird or dark beat to put Tech on which would probably not be a track the label would allow to make a project anyway. He said its time to kill em on their own beats, and first he had to make an album with comparable beats to the industry instead of some of the beats like "it was an accident" and "shadows on the road". Then he made a statement that made alot of sense. He said "Tech has been dope for years, but he has only been making REAL money for about the last 5 or 6. He has an almost 20 year career so he needs to go back to get the dough he has deserved all of his career. He needs to take the money the industry owes him, do these songs with these cats and stash enough dough to retire when he decides to." Then he will get the chance to really get his story to the world when he gets to tell the shit to Sway on MTV, on how he forced his way into an industry that has never given him the respect he deserves."

The Gates Mixed Plate grows a fanbase and doesn't just cater the one he has, for what it is designed to do and sound like, its the winner to me.

Jul 3, 2008
Don't say shit to me for saying that The Gates Mixed Plate is the best album of the year for Strange music, because the reality is it still made the biggest impact on the label. We debated it more than any other album, and the truth is, if you arent ready to be depressed as shit by the time you listen all the way through K.O.D (which I loved and think it deserves an honorable mention) or wanting to listen to an audio horror movie in DAAM, (which was also a very good album by a legend) The Gates Mixed Plate, Raw and Unkutt, and Genius are by far the 3 albums that if you were riding with some friends or some chicks that you could put in and let the whole album play and have everyone nodding their head and digging the songs. I am sorry but there are songs I like to listen to for the creativity and the thought process behind it, and then there are albums that are intended to do something like push you into the limelight you deserve, and whether any of you like it, it was the Mixed Plate that is gonna do it. I interviewed a friend in the industry who is pretty well known cat and he said Tech is gonna be the "Go to" M.C. this year for any mainstream cat that wants a dope verse. He also said that artists were always wanting to wait till they had a weird or dark beat to put Tech on which would probably not be a track the label would allow to make a project anyway. He said its time to kill em on their own beats, and first he had to make an album with comparable beats to the industry instead of some of the beats like "it was an accident" and "shadows on the road". Then he made a statement that made alot of sense. He said "Tech has been dope for years, but he has only been making REAL money for about the last 5 or 6. He has an almost 20 year career so he needs to go back to get the dough he has deserved all of his career. He needs to take the money the industry owes him, do these songs with these cats and stash enough dough to retire when he decides to." Then he will get the chance to really get his story to the world when he gets to tell the shit to Sway on MTV, on how he forced his way into an industry that has never given him the respect he deserves."

The Gates Mixed Plate grows a fanbase and doesn't just cater the one he has, for what it is designed to do and sound like, its the winner to me.
aint nobody reading all that

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
Thats exactly the problem....his FANS dont like it cuz this isnt Tech N9ne music....i know this cuz if this was Tech N9ne music i wouldnt have all of Tech N9nes CD's....If Gates was the first Tech album I had ever heard I wouldnt even have given him a second look

Sep 30, 2002
Ask this question on Worldstar or hiphopdx, and I bet you get a totally different album, why do you guys think that we are the only Tech fans? You guys have been complaining about shit for years now and his fan base keeps growing, what they do continues to work period, they ain't losing fans.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Don't say shit to me for saying that The Gates Mixed Plate is the best album of the year for Strange music, because the reality is it still made the biggest impact on the label.

We debated it more than any other album, and the truth is, if you arent ready to be depressed as shit by the time you listen all the way through K.O.D (which I loved and think it deserves an honorable mention) or wanting to listen to an audio horror movie in DAAM, (which was also a very good album by a legend) The Gates Mixed Plate, Raw and Unkutt, and Genius are by far the 3 albums that if you were riding with some friends or some chicks that you could put in and let the whole album play and have everyone nodding their head and digging the songs.

I am sorry but there are songs I like to listen to for the creativity and the thought process behind it, and then there are albums that are intended to do something like push you into the limelight you deserve, and whether any of you like it, it was the Mixed Plate that is gonna do it.

I interviewed a friend in the industry who is pretty well known cat and he said Tech is gonna be the "Go to" M.C. this year for any mainstream cat that wants a dope verse. He also said that artists were always wanting to wait till they had a weird or dark beat to put Tech on which would probably not be a track the label would allow to make a project anyway.

He said its time to kill em on their own beats, and first he had to make an album with comparable beats to the industry instead of some of the beats like "it was an accident" and "shadows on the road".

Then he made a statement that made alot of sense. He said "Tech has been dope for years, but he has only been making REAL money for about the last 5 or 6. He has an almost 20 year career so he needs to go back to get the dough he has deserved all of his career.

He needs to take the money the industry owes him, do these songs with these cats and stash enough dough to retire when he decides to."

Then he will get the chance to really get his story to the world when he gets to tell the shit to Sway on MTV, on how he forced his way into an industry that has never given him the respect he deserves."

Try adding spaces, Mr. Titanographer.

Aug 16, 2003
Thats exactly the problem....his FANS dont like it cuz this isnt Tech N9ne music....i know this cuz if this was Tech N9ne music i wouldnt have all of Tech N9nes CD's....If Gates was the first Tech album I had ever heard I wouldnt even have given him a second look

A FUCKIN MEN

In this titangraph we have some of the realest perspective on this whole shit....check the bold part.

@ Poeticcc I see a lot of I statements in your post.

You are not the only person that has ever listened to Techn9ne. Personaly If the Gates Mixed Plate was the 1st Tech album I ever heard I would have been blown away...Why? Because I love KC MO...I would have been like this dude is repping the town and this fool is clean as fuck. His mic pressence is crazy, his flows are crazy...WHO is this muthafucka and who has he done music with.

My point is that it all depends on individual taste. What I see Tech doing is basicly putting together a Buffet of songs. If you dont like the "chicken" then get some "pizza",.....Oh you dont eat meat? Try hit the "salad bar" lol...ya dig.

I think that GMP will help push Tech into the limelight more and will help other artists want to reach out to him for collabs and projects becasue they and there labels will recogize his TRUE versatility on a track.

The mainstream sees him as a one trick pony....Hes trying to prove hes a jack of all trades.

Oct 25, 2006
You guys are seriously still talking about this shit? I don't mean to spoil your fun, but this repetitive shit is clogging up the threads.

Oh what's this? Another thread response? I wonder if anyone is talking about something other than GMP...

*looks in thread*

Aww fuck.