Strange Music Best Album This Year So far

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Whats the best strange music cd this year?

• Brotha Lynch Hung – Dinner and a Movie

Votes: 92 62.2%
  • Cognito – Automatic

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Kutt Calhoun – Raw and Un-Kutt

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Tech N9ne – The Gates Mixed Plate

Votes: 20 13.5%

• Total voters

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
I've still never listened to DAAM.

I guess I should.

Is dude still eating baby nuts?
he's not eating baby guts....this album is more of pure cannibalism....its not a great album by far....but it does have some great tracks...most of the lyrics unfortunately become repetitive as far as content...its worth a listen...but i doubt you'll enjoy it lol.....i hold it high because ive been a fan of lynch's since like 95....and DAAM has been in the works for a very long time...but seriously lynch has created better...but compared to the rest of strange releases this year he has outdone himself

Yea he's still on the "sicc" shit. Im not a Lynch fan just for the fact I dont wanna hear about someone eatin nigga nuts and guts.
lynch created the "sicc" shit...this sites name possibly would have been something far different if not for lynch, sicx, raided and the sicc made family...it used to be the 91siccness ( 916, sacramento area code for those that dont know) have you listened to many lynch albums? just curious

Jan 16, 2007
is this even a debate? DAAM

The poll is set in the order in which each one is released and coincidentally is the also the order of best to least....

I really hope this isnt a taste of things to come aka Shock Treatment and All 6s & 7s being shittier then GMP was.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
is this even a debate? DAAM

The poll is set in the order in which each one is released and coincidentally is the also the order of best to least....

I really hope this isnt a taste of things to come aka Shock Treatment and All 6s & 7s being shittier then GMP was.
im betting shock treatment will be awful at this point....kaliko loves that commercial sound

Nov 7, 2006
DAAAAAAAAAMN. lol at those being the releases of this year, i didnt noticed how downhill this year has been for SM. hopefully they do better in 2011, i voted calhouns cause i like more sogns then the rest iof the albums but that one i didnt really like iether

Jul 1, 2007
DAAM for sure!!! Shit is raw, delivery is the most aggressive out of the other releases, actually has a concept that fits the "Strange" criteria, and is the complete opposite of the mainstream style Strange seems to be fitting now days...Raw and Un-Kutt is next up...Idk it seems like Tech is getting really monotonous and i know he said "you gotta evolve" but if you ask me Everready, Killer, and K.O.D. (just to name a few) was waaaay more complex, diverse, and versitile than GMP seems like he almost de-evolved style and concept wise...
Well i agree in the most part about DAAM meetin the strange criteria and how its way far away from mainstream.. cognito made a song called Hollywood and the lyrics were " im going hollywood" like wtf and kutt calhouns song like Buy The Bar and shit its just real commercial

OGMP was real fun and had a lil strange twist 2 it but i feel like 6's and 7's and shock treatment shall fucking deliver

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
cognito made a song called Hollywood and the lyrics were " im going hollywood"
wow...you put a lot of effort into listening to that track, eh?

I liked DAAM...but Lynch is way too random. Doesn't tell much of a story in most of the tracks. I'm am quite random in my writing as well...but gotta have atleast a couple tracks where you stick to one topic. Atleast for my taste anyways. Cognito gets my vote for the best album. Very well-rounded release.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I liked DAAM...but Lynch is way to random. Doesn't tell much of a story in most of the tracks. I'm am quite random in my writing as well...but gotta have atleast a couple tracks where you stick to one topic. Atleast for my taste anyways. Cognito gets my vote for the best album. Very well-rounded release.

In every video of Lynch I've seen... I've yet to see him with a sheet of paper, so I don't know if he even writes lyrics or just puts them together in his head... He could also just freestyle... I know a few cats personally that strictly freestyle, and spit bars that sound like they're written... It comes with practice...

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
In every video of Lynch I've seen... I've yet to see him with a sheet of paper, so I don't know if he even writes lyrics or just puts them together in his head... He could also just freestyle... I know a few cats personally that strictly freestyle, and spit bars that sound like they're written... It comes with practice...
Well, don't get me wrong...Lynch has been doing this shit for quite some time now. He's probably running out of ideas...especially when it comes to the cannibal shit he's on. So, randomness is somewhat understandable. The dude put a lot of time into the skits...you can see they were well executed (even though I don't like listening to 20 seconds of a track before I get to the damn song). But the lyrics are just everywhere. I'm totally cool with random shit when it comes to flexing your muscles lyrically...and I feel like he's doing that. But, not every fuckin' song man. I mean I could spend hours going over that album and picking out examples where he says shit that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand or even the chorus.

Jul 1, 2007
wow...you put a lot of effort into listening to that track, eh?

I liked DAAM...but Lynch is way too random. Doesn't tell much of a story in most of the tracks. I'm am quite random in my writing as well...but gotta have atleast a couple tracks where you stick to one topic. Atleast for my taste anyways. Cognito gets my vote for the best album. Very well-rounded release.
My badddd

Nov 17, 2006
I liked Dinner and A Movie but honestly I think GMP wins this. I don't really like any of the guests on Dinner.. like at all. Most of the songs lose the listening ability after lynch spits his verse.

I'm a fan of commercial sounding music so Gates Mixed Plate didn't bother me. I will agree that it's of lower quality than Tech's other albums but it's still good.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I didn't even like BLH at first, but it's honestly the most solid cd put out this year.

Kutt's is really dope, too, because of the dream concept, so it's a close second.