SORRY FOLKS TECH N9NE MAY NO LONGER BE THE KING OF KANSAS CITY!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2003
THE HOTTEST MOTHA FUCKA IN K.C. RIGHT NOW SEEMS TO BE FAT TONE THE VETT... I COULD BE WRONG BUT IF TECH WANTS THAT THRONE BACK HE NEEDS TO DROP SOME MO HEAT QUICK!!!

Aug 18, 2002
I think it spans a lot farther than just the music...Tone's tight in all, but he hasn't done anything even close to the stature as Tech....whether it be promotion for other KC artists, influences that are taken by KC musicians and many others, to his repect in the game on a global level for many years, to record sales, airplay, and like Gr8t said just overall knowledge of who he is.....I believe its a long shot for people such as you to try and take his crown away.

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
ITS REAL..

2nd verese on on IMMA GETCHA..

tone spits fire.. tone and t will are close..
tone and tech have rapped together but is there any hard feelings?..

any way with or without being the king of kc.. he is sick..
\
fat tone and killa tay are tight like superglue..

Aug 21, 2002
!!WHAT!! Ha, Ha...

Imma pretend that you aint even went there by saying that shit.

C'mon now... Fat Tone????

Can Fat Tone bring even 100 people to the Uptown?
Can Fat Tone be approached on the street and even spoken to?
Can Fat Tone do a show where people dont get antsy and tired of hearing his tired as performance.
Can Fat Tone even come as creative as the shit that Tech comes up with in his music. Tech's simplest flow's are 10x's harder than Fat Tones!
If Fat Tone is the "King" or even runner up, why isn't he even demanded anywhere. Regardless to the fat that where he goes trouble follows, he still aint bout to just knock Tech aside and all of a sudden, that nigga is who's gonna get Kansas City out into the light.
Niggas, I aint saying that Tech is this, or Tech is that, just going at what was said about he no longer may be the king of K.C., and Tone aint the nigga that's followed in an inspirational manner...
If Tone did blow, he would give the city a bad image, just like Nelly did to the Lou, not saying Nelly sucks or anything... "Okay, he does" but now everyone thinks that whatever comes outta the Lou is some ol' Pop-Hop shit and niggas are soft...

I think what you even attempted to say about Fat Tone should've been thought out a few more day's, and then put him in the top 5 nigga's in the town. And why is that nigga Fat Tone yelling all the damned time in his music... Uh huh, Uh huh!!!

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
What would you say if your "NEW" King of KC has been trying to get signed by Strange Music for months now?

It goes without saying that Fat Tone's popularity has skyrocketed since he was shot a few months ago. But enough to knock Tech from his pedestal? Bitch please. I'm a big fan of Fat Tone, but until he starts recording his music somewhere besides what sounds like his grandma's basement, I can't put him in the same league of these other rappers who are making quality music in KC. And I'm not even putting him near Tech.

Thats laughable.

Lets see Fat Tone put the Uptown at capacity. Lets see him 30,000 copies of his album in his first week in KC. Lets see him be accessible to the media, let alone his fans.

I really wish Killa Tay or C-Bo, whoever is putting the money into his current projects, would put some money behind studio time at a quality studio. And then put some money into promotion. Because if you say this is the best KC has to offer, he should have no problem going platinum.

Aug 21, 2002
He sure has been trying to get signed Uh, huh...
I know him personally, but the truth be told Uh, huh...
I feel his music to a certain extent, the concepts Uh, huh...

He came to Lincoln University in October and the crowd went to sleep on his ass... Uh, huh...

Jul 7, 2002
techn9nehq said:
I'm a big fan of Fat Tone, but until he starts recording his music somewhere besides what sounds like his grandma's basement

Just to play devil's advocate...I am pretty sure that Rob Rebeck (the same guy that recorded Absolute Power) recorded most of or all of "The Stick Up Kid" at Chapman Recording (the same studio Absolute Power was recorded at). All that aside...recording wise I thought "The Stick Up Kid" sounded damn good. I can't say all the beats were top notch and whatnot, but recording wise it was on point in my opinion.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
im a big tech fann but i think tech would give kc a worse rep then fat tone cus u know when i think of a tech i think of twisted icp esham and all them fools but fat tone is raw as hell and does shit with them major folks out in cali killa tay in c bo