SLIM JESUS goes out like a sucka

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
and none of that still explains why real rappers aren't eating because of fake rappers like Slim Jesus

if you ain't talking about labels then where is all of this money going around that there's now supposed less of for the real rappers? If it ain't labels and it's all independent anyway, what's stopping a real rapper from having a video go viral and booking their own shows? If the fans are buying in to the fakes, then shouldn't the fans also buy in to the real? There's dozens of real gangster rappers from Chicago and DC right now making money off rap, so is it just bay rappers you're talking about?

I'm still curious how Slim Jesus or any other fake youtube rapper is taking money out of a bank account of any real rapper, cause you haven't answered it yet.

Jul 12, 2002
He is an easy target. Why? Because he raps about shit he ain't about and niggas is gonna test that. It's like some of yall didn't see this coming when you should have seen it a mile away. And truth be told, a lot of BAY RAPPERS are just like Small Jesus.
lmao @ small jesus!

You just made my point though. There's tons of garbage and/or fake rappers in the game that pretend to be about that life on and off the mic. Slim Jesus actually owns up to being a regular dude and he's the only one that gets called out and gets his mic snatched for it. People want to act like he's a chump and got his card pulled, but he pulled his own card from the jump. So what did snatching his mic even prove?

I don't support him making drill music, or any music for that matter, but the double standard is beyond ridiculous. Why do all these other "rappers" get a pass but Slim Jesus doesn't?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
and none of that still explains why real rappers aren't eating because of fake rappers like Slim Jesus
I've already explained it. People are buying into a fake persona. There is only so much money left in music. How many different ways does it need to be explained?

if you ain't talking about labels then where is all of this money going around that there's now supposed less of for the real rappers?
Again, more proof that you don't understand the business aspect of music. You have ancillary goods, publishing and licensing, appearances other things that allow an artist to see a ROI. You are looking at it from a fans position and a person who doesn't know the business side. It's a numbers game. Let me put it to you in another way. If this cat over on this corner has bunk/thetti and he's sellin out, and the cat over there has super fly shit but he ain't gettin it off. What's eventually gonna happen?

If it ain't labels and it's all independent anyway, what's stopping a real rapper from having a video go viral and booking their own shows?
Again, this is more proof you don't understand the business. "Going viral" is basically something that happens and there is no way to predict what will and won't be a viral success. You can make something, or decide to create a viral campaign, but having it take off is a different beast. Furthermore, just because something is a viral success doesn't mean it will create further instances of monetization.

And when it comes to booking their own shows, I already explained that in the thread Gabe made. You have insurance, you have a house engineer you have to pay for, you have to pay the house, you have to pay for promotions. Now how many new acts that are trying to break in have the resources to do it? If shit was as easy as "do some shows" more people would be doing shows.

If the fans are buying in to the fakes, then shouldn't the fans also buy in to the real?
No. Because they've been led to believe that the fake is the real and that the real is the fake. And when they see some real shit they say the person is too extreme and can't seperate entertainment from the streets.

There's dozens of real gangster rappers from Chicago and DC right now making money off rap, so is it just bay rappers you're talking about?
Who are these rappers you're talking about? And no I'm not just talking about bay rappers. It's the same when I'm on the east coast. I see the same shit. However, the question about rappers supplementing their income with illegal activity is for however you want to answer it.

I'm still curious how Slim Jesus or any other fake youtube rapper is taking money out of a bank account of any real rapper, cause you haven't answered it yet.
I have answered it. You just don't want to accept it.

Jul 12, 2002
And props to the cat who took his mic. It reminded me of when KRS ONE ran PM DAWN off the stage.

Someone gIve that man a bottle of cognac and a medal for doing the right thing.
Except when KRS grabbed the mic and took over, some actual hip-hop shit went down. This DJ said Slim Jesus wasn't "real hip-hop" and probably played a Fetty Wap track after snatching the kid's mic.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
lmao @ small jesus!

You just made my point though. There's tons of garbage and/or fake rappers in the game that pretend to be about that life on and off the mic. Slim Jesus actually owns up to being a regular dude and he's the only one that gets called out and gets his mic snatched for it. People want to act like he's a chump and got his card pulled, but he pulled his own card from the jump. So what did snatching his mic even prove?

I don't support him making drill music, or any music for that matter, but the double standard is beyond ridiculous. Why do all these other "rappers" get a pass but Slim Jesus doesn't?
Yes he pulled his own card from the jump. He's not a chump for getting his card pulled. It was supposed to happen. It was going to happen. He got his mic snatched, did nothing and went and made a video about it instead of handling it right there. And if he was going to make a vid, you don't dig yourself into deeper shit by flashing money and talking shit. You make a video and you say you are sorry the show was interrupted, that you're just a kid trying to find a way, that you simply want to give your fans a good show and want everyone to be safe because it's a lot of things to be thankful for. Instead this FOOL makes a vid and now niggas is gonna think "OK, he got his mic took, he flashin hunnit's, he talkin shit and didn't do nothin? I'm gonna get this nigga."

And the FANS are the BIGGER problem.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Except when KRS grabbed the mic and took over, some actual hip-hop shit went down. This DJ said Slim Jesus wasn't "real hip-hop" and probably played a Fetty Wap track after snatching the kid's mic.
He commited an act of heresy. He did EXACTLY what I said to do in the Devils Advocate promo.

Someone find me the DJs website. I'll send him a bottle for his good deed.

Jul 12, 2002
Yes he pulled his own card from the jump. He's not a chump for getting his card pulled. It was supposed to happen. It was going to happen. He got his mic snatched, did nothing and went and made a video about it instead of handling it right there. And if he was going to make a vid, you don't dig yourself into deeper shit by flashing money and talking shit. You make a video and you say you are sorry the show was interrupted, that you're just a kid trying to find a way, that you simply want to give your fans a good show and want everyone to be safe because it's a lot of things to be thankful for. Instead this FOOL makes a vid and now niggas is gonna think "OK, he got his mic took, he flashin hunnit's, he talkin shit and didn't do nothin? I'm gonna get this nigga."

And the FANS are the BIGGER problem.
I didn't know he released a video response. I agree, that's stupid as fuck to respond that way. How should he have handled it right there at the show though? Tried to get his mic back and got his ass whooped, making his L 10x worse? He was smart walking away from that situation. The video response though, not so smart. He should have been humble and done as you suggested.

Jul 12, 2002
He commited an act of heresy. He did EXACTLY what I said to do in the Devils Advocate promo.

Someone find me the DJs website. I'll send him a bottle for his good deed.
You're giving that guy way too much credit. If he's not snatching the mic from every wack/fake rapper that walks on the stage at that venue then he's nothing more than a bully.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I didn't know he released a video response. I agree, that's stupid as fuck to respond that way. How should he have handled it right there at the show though? Tried to get his mic back and got his ass whooped, making his L 10x worse? He was smart walking away from that situation. The video response though, not so smart. He should have been humble and done as you suggested.
Yeah he released a vid where he was checking some paper and talkin shit. So instead of turning the shit back to his brand and being humble, he talks a gang of shit and shows money. That sends the message that he is prey. Because he did absolutely nothing when he should have, even if he defended himself and got beat up.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I've already explained it. People are buying into a fake persona. There is only so much money left in music. How many different ways does it need to be explained?
People aren't spending money on youtube rappers though, they make google ad revenue from video views. So once again, how is a youtube rapper taking money off the table or any other rapper?

Again, more proof that you don't understand the business aspect of music. You have ancillary goods, publishing and licensing, appearances other things that allow an artist to see a ROI. You are looking at it from a fans position and a person who doesn't know the business side. It's a numbers game. Let me put it to you in another way. If this cat over on this corner has bunk/thetti and he's sellin out, and the cat over there has super fly shit but he ain't gettin it off. What's eventually gonna happen?
How is a youtube rapper making money off of google ad revenue making it impossible for a rapper to make money off of his publishing, appearances etc.?

Again, this is more proof you don't understand the business. "Going viral" is basically something that happens and there is no way to predict what will and won't be a viral success. You can make something, or decide to create a viral campaign, but having it take off is a different beast. Furthermore, just because something is a viral success doesn't mean it will create further instances of monetization.
My point is people are doing it every day and monetizing it with google ad revenue. Reals, fakes, people from all genres, making money off of youtube views, not publishing etc.

Maybe the reals you're speaking of should give it a shot and promote their product more if they ain't making money off of publishing etc.?

And when it comes to booking their own shows, I already explained that in the thread Gabe made. You have insurance, you have a house engineer you have to pay for, you have to pay the house, you have to pay for promotions. Now how many new acts that are trying to break in have the resources to do it? If shit was as easy as "do some shows" more people would be doing shows.
And yet these new age rappers/bands/DJ's are doing it just fine with no help. They start with a song put on the internet, then BOOM they're touring.

I live in Phoenix, AZ and the clubs here are booked every weekend with rappers who blew up on the internet over the last few years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No. Because they've been led to believe that the fake is the real and that the real is the fake. And when they see some real shit they say the person is too extreme and can't seperate entertainment from the streets.
Examples? Rappers from Chicago are getting signed to majors, some of then ended up with murder charges shortly after being signed like Rondo Numba 9 for example. The reals are too hardcore for the fans, but not for major labels to sign them and gives them money? lol

Who are these rappers you're talking about? And no I'm not just talking about bay rappers. It's the same when I'm on the east coast. I see the same shit. However, the question about rappers supplementing their income with illegal activity is for however you want to answer it.
Look up just about any Drill rapper from Chicago, a ton have signed to majors and the ones that haven't all have went "viral", every single one of them get millions of views on each video they put out.

Montana of 300 was just in the studio recently with Rick Rubin and Kanye West and labels are in a bidding war for him right now. This is a "real" rapper from South Chicago.

I have answered it. You just don't want to accept it.
Except you haven't

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
People aren't spending money on youtube rappers though, they make google ad revenue from video views. So once again, how is a youtube rapper taking money off the table or any other rapper?
I've already explained it.

How is a youtube rapper making money off of google ad revenue making it impossible for a rapper to make money off of his publishing, appearances etc.?
See above. Who said anything about impossible? Is it that hard to just stick with what actually has been said instead of introducing things that have nothing to do with the topic or haven't been said or implied? Again, if fans are gravitating to it then it's going to take money from someone else's pocket. Indirectly or directly, it's going to happen. By the way, the question I asked wasnt a rhetorical one.

My point is people are doing it every day and monetizing it with google ad revenue. Reals, fakes, people from all genres, making money off of youtube views, not publishing etc.
See above.

Maybe the reals you're speaking of should give it a shot and promote their product more if they ain't making money off of publishing etc.?
Again, more proof you don't understand this business. You can promote 24-7, have an excellent product, but if there is market saturation, people are confused or any other thingsov that can be problematic, then it's most likely going to fail. And again, if it is a new artist trying to break in, how much money does he have to even devote to properly promoting his release?

And yet these new age rappers/bands/DJ's are doing it just fine with no help. They start with a song put on the internet, then BOOM they're touring.
Who are these people you area alking about? It's a billion people on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. You can tour all you want. It doesn't mean the following: that you will take off, that you will sell enough ancillary goods to recoup, that someone will even come out. Again, if it's a new artist trying to break in does he even have a tour budget?

I live in Phoenix, AZ and the clubs here are booked every weekend with rappers who blew up on the internet over the last few years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Who are these rappers?

Examples? Rappers from Chicago are getting signed to majors, some of then ended up with murder charges shortly after being signed like Rondo Numba 9 for example. The reals are too hardcore for the fans, but not for major labels to sign them and gives them money? lol
Look at 50 cent when he was first dropped and that bobby murder dude or whatever he was. Labels found them to hardcore once the law was involved or bodies started droppin. And who said anything about getting signed to major labels? Do you know how major label deals work? You might as well get a RAPE ME IM READY tat on your face. A better alt would be just getting a loan from a bank if you can rig that shit up. The deals these labels are offering now are the most fucked 360 deals in history. You wouldn't know this because you are of the mentality that major label signing = major bread or success. It doesn't. Ask the Federaion, after two major deals, if it's how they show you on tv.

And I'm glad he got his mic snatched. I'm glad that stitches guy got served up. More of this shit needs to spread like ISIS and the fans need to be preyed on as well.

Look up just about any Drill rapper from Chicago, a ton have signed to majors and the ones that haven't all have went "viral", every single one of them get millions of views on each video they put out.
And the millions of views is translating to millions of dollars? Hardly. I can gurantee you each one of them is supplementing their shit with illegal activity. If niggas was eating that much why are they doing that?

Montana of 300 was just in the studio recently with Rick Rubin and Kanye West and labels are in a bidding war for him right now. This is a "real" rapper from South Chicago.
You said DOZENS and listed ONE rapper. And there are thousands of rappers in Chicago. Some of them hella talented but they're all eating right?

Except you haven't
Except I have. Me trying to discuss this with a person who has only purchased music is the real problem as you don't get it.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
LMAO you're going in circles and regardless of what you say you still haven't said how a guy like Slim Jesus is taken money off the table. You're giving a theory on why you personally believe a youtube rapper is taking money away from them, yet haven't actually said a legit reason why.

"People like that guy, so money that random rapper x hasn't even made yet will magically disappear from random rapper x". Sounds like an excuse and a cop out as to why shitty rappers ain't making it.

and yes I said dozens and only listed one rapper, I also gave you a genre and a city, you need me to provide you a list?

Also I didn't say shit about these guys making millions of each video, but I guarantee you they're eating off them, which is what the discussion is about right? What percentage of rappers are making millions? 1 percent? You're talking about eating off music not becoming a millionaire.

Random Chicago Drill rapper hits 10 million views on a video, he's making around 200k based on what I've read about google ad revenue. Most Drill rappers I see sit anywhere between 2 million and 20 million views. These gangsters seem to be eating just fine off their music, even with fake Slim Jesus out there pulling away their fans.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I get it, based on your Siccness history you multi quote and go in circles until the person you're conversing with just stops, but I'm bored so I'll keep going with you for awhile.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
LMAO you're going in circles and regardless of what you say you still haven't said how a guy like Slim Jesus is taken money off the table. You're giving a theory on why you personally believe a youtube rapper is taking money away from them, yet haven't actually said a legit reason why.
I have provided you with answers and gave you legit reasons. Are the reasons justified is another question.

People like that guy, so money that random rapper x hasn't even made yet will magically disappear from random rapper x". Sounds like an excuse and a cop out as to why shitty rappers ain't making it.
It's a problem with saturation/numbers. It is not an excuse. Good people make it. Bad people do as well. However, more times than not, it's a bad person who makes it and is accepted.

[quotes]and yes I said dozens and only listed one rapper, I also gave you a genre and a city, you need me to provide you a list? [/quote]

Oh absolutely. You made the claim so provide the list.

Also I didn't say shit about these guys making millions of each video, but I guarantee you they're eating off them, which is what the discussion is about right? What percentage of rappers are making millions? 1 percent? You're talking about eating off music not becoming a millionaire.
I didn't say you did. I asked a question based on you saying they were monetizing their content. The problem is, even if they are eating from YouTube there are still other revenue streams they can't tap into.

Random Chicago Drill rapper hits 10 million views on a video, he's making around 200k based on what I've read about google ad revenue. Most Drill rappers I see sit anywhere between 2 million and 20 million views. These gangsters seem to be eating just fine off their music, even with fake Slim Jesus out there pulling away their fans.
There is a rapper named Random Chicago Drill? Damn. He makes 200k? And most drill rappers you see sit anywhere from 2 million to 20 million replies?
And drill has thousands of rappers right? You're saying most of these are making 200k?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I get it, based on your Siccness history you multi quote and go in circles until the person you're conversing with just stops, but I'm bored so I'll keep going with you for awhile.
Well considering that YOU can't do anything to stop it, no matter if you were in the bay, or I was in Arizona, it really shouldn't be something you should trip off of.

Oh yeah, you originally quoted me. I didn't say shit to you or start a convo with you. Keep that in mind when you decide to reply to this one.

Last edited: