SLIM JESUS goes out like a sucka

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 24, 2003
LMAO you're going in circles and regardless of what you say you still haven't said how a guy like Slim Jesus is taken money off the table. You're giving a theory on why you personally believe a youtube rapper is taking money away from them, yet haven't actually said a legit reason why.

"People like that guy, so money that random rapper x hasn't even made yet will magically disappear from random rapper x". Sounds like an excuse and a cop out as to why shitty rappers ain't making it.
Bruh this is simple business. Two entities in the same market place selling similar goods are direct competitors.

Markets are recognized as being finite not infinite. Therefore every dollar spent within the market is a dollar no longer available to the market.

If you buy Colgate toothpaste that is $5 out of the toothpaste market and $5 less that Crest can make within that market.

May 9, 2002
Bruh this is simple business. Two entities in the same market place selling similar goods are direct competitors.

Markets are recognized as being finite not infinite. Therefore every dollar spent within the market is a dollar no longer available to the market.

If you buy Colgate toothpaste that is $5 out of the toothpaste market and $5 less that Crest can make within that market.
This is incorrect as it depends on not only the market, but the buyer. Not very many people buy different kinds of toothpaste. They have a brand they like, and thats what they use. However, many people buy different kinds of artists/music at once. People usually dont just like Taylor Swift and ONLY buy Taylor Swift albums. They may also like Lady Gaga and other shitty pop artists i cant name. Point being, people buy multiple artists, sometimes at once.

Apr 25, 2002

kinda. if you buy Colgate then you don't need Crest, but you cant have enough music. nowadays you can buy a song for $1 so theres no more "ima buy this $15 cd instead of that $15 cd". most of Slim Jesus money is coming off of Youtube where it don't cost the consumer. everybody else on Youtube aint losin out. as far as shows, if Slim Jesus is doin a show in WA, that aint hurtin another rapper in Chicago.

Nov 24, 2003
This is incorrect as it depends on not only the market, but the buyer. Not very many people buy different kinds of toothpaste. They have a brand they like, and thats what they use. However, many people buy different kinds of artists/music at once. People usually dont just like Taylor Swift and ONLY buy Taylor Swift albums. They may also like Lady Gaga and other shitty pop artists i cant name. Point being, people buy multiple artists, sometimes at once.

It doesn't matter what the item is, what matters is there is a finite amount of money to go around.

If you spent $200 on music last year, that $200 went to someone and therefore not to someone else. Consumer markets are a finite system.

May 9, 2002
It doesn't matter what the item is, what matters is there is a finite amount of money to go around.

If you spent $200 on music last year, that $200 went to someone and therefore not to someone else. Consumer markets are a finite system.
Right, but that $200 could have gone to Drill rapper #1 AND drill rapper #2. Which is what is in question here, especially seeing how albums cost what, $10 now? Thats 20 albums. So in this case, both rappers got the sale....

Nov 24, 2003
kinda. if you buy Colgate then you don't need Crest, but you cant have enough music. nowadays you can buy a song for $1 so theres no more "ima buy this $15 cd instead of that $15 cd". most of Slim Jesus money is coming off of Youtube where it don't cost the consumer. everybody else on Youtube aint losin out. as far as shows, if Slim Jesus is doin a show in WA, that aint hurtin another rapper in Chicago.

I am not sure how to explain this another way. This is pretty standard business 101 stuff.

All of these markets, even Youtube are finite. It doesn't matter the price of what you are purchasing whether it's $15 or $1. Even if you take the money out of the equation, YouTube still requires time which is also finite. You only have so much time in the day you can watch youtube.

An economist would probably even argue that as indirect competitors money you spend on Slim Jesus is money out of Steven Speilberg's pocket because they would lump all of those purchases into the Entertainment Market Segment.

You make $100,000 a year, your budget for music, entertainment, etc is limited. If you spend your money on item A then you are not spending your money on item B. You can't decide to spend $200,000 on music next year.

No matter how you slice it the Music Industry creates around $20 Billion Annually. Everyone making money in music is taking a piece of that pie.

If Fucky McFuckerson dropped the hottest CD of all time next year and made $10 billion, the Music Industry isn't going to create $30 billion, it will still create $20 but only $10 will available for everyone else.

Apr 25, 2002
I am not sure how to explain this another way. This is pretty standard business 101 stuff.

All of these markets, even Youtube are finite. It doesn't matter the price of what you are purchasing whether it's $15 or $1. Even if you take the money out of the equation, YouTube still requires time which is also finite. You only have so much time in the day you can watch youtube.

An economist would probably even argue that as indirect competitors money you spend on Slim Jesus is money out of Steven Speilberg's pocket because they would lump all of those purchases into the Entertainment Market Segment.

You make $100,000 a year, your budget for music, entertainment, etc is limited. If you spend your money on item A then you are not spending your money on item B. You can't decide to spend $200,000 on music next year.

No matter how you slice it the Music Industry creates around $20 Billion Annually. Everyone making money in music is taking a piece of that pie.

If Fucky McFuckerson dropped the hottest CD of all time next year and made $10 billion, the Music Industry isn't going to create $30 billion, it will still create $20 but only $10 will available for everyone else.

i get it 100% but this can go in circles for years with many a hairs split. something is always taking money from something. people buy weed over A&W and rockstar over redbox. if another rapper is worried about Slim Jesus taking consumer money then maybe dude complaining should not be a rapper cus theres always another musician who has a product to offer.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times

I see what you're getting it at but I don't think it works that way. If there's 5 shows I want to go to in a month I go to them. If there's zero shows I don't go. If money is an issue I'll skimp on other stuff to make it happen. I don't think the average consumer is as smart as you think they are.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
I see what you're getting it at but I don't think it works that way. If there's 5 shows I want to go to in a month I go to them. If there's zero shows I don't go. If money is an issue I'll skimp on other stuff to make it happen. I don't think the average consumer is as smart as you think they are.
You are a part of the problem. Why did you get SLIM JESUS to do a show and not a real gangster like Mac Jesus or something. Next, I'll hear you're having cuzzbros do a show you traitor.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
But slim jesus' name is buzzing kind of as an internet joke. 50% of the internet thinks he's faggot, 45% of the internet is retarded morons on social media who listen to anything thats "trendy" in music, while only 5% (if that) are folks who genuinely like his music. I bet if I asked you, you couldn't name a song by him other than "drill time". And regardless of anyone's opinion on him , that dude who took the mic had a point. His who show involved 5 songs, which included a chief keef song, and drill time twice. You think anyone is gunna remember dude in 2 years time? Dude is just a novelty white kid drill artist.

Trae on the other hand never used a viral video or fad to blow up his name, he was, regardless of which point in time, once a respected hip hop artist who worked hard to build his name. That was my point. You don't have to agree with it, but its my point.
take a step back and read this from the outside looking in. you pretty much just described your siccness career grim jesus...