ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
techn9nehq said:
Traber, who along with Lawton came to the Indians in the eight-player deal that sent Roberto Alomar to the Mets, was coming off his worst career start, allowing seven runs and 11 hits in 2 2-3 innings on July 2 against Kansas City.
You're actually in KC, right? Have you heard a lot about this Krispy Kreme promotion? I guess Krispy Kreme announced at the start of the season that any Royals home game where the Royals got 12 hits or more, everyone in attendance could redeem their ticket stub for a free dozen donuts.

I guess Krispy Kreme's taking a real bath on it since the Royals have been so hot.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
hahaha...yes....unfortunately i haven't been to a 12 hit game yet.

I still think the BrandsMart deal from a few years back was the biggest marketing backfire ever.....

Buy a big screen tv and if the Chiefs could shut out, the chargers i think, they got the tv for free.

Jul 7, 2002
I know people from Brandsmart and they still made out fairly well on that deal if I recall.

When they do those crazy promotions, they take out insurance and if the very unlikely happens (as it did a few years back), Brandsmart collects like 10% over profit from the insurance. Basically, they make money either way.

I might be wrong but I am pretty sure that is what they do.

Jun 23, 2003
Well this is just to give everyone a laugh. Everyone has heard about the mascot that was a sausage get beat up by the pirates guy. So I went to the d-backs game this weekend with a 4X4 foot sing that said "WE DONT BEAT OUR SOUSAGE HERE! GO D-BACKS!" it was quite a hit !. security took it after 7 innings but the crowd loved it.

Jul 11, 2003
yeah, seattle is my team... n i hated seein em drop 3 games to the royals, but the royals got a good team this year, so no hate... cuz they jus out played us. it was a good matchup on paper, cuz we have the same style, speed, pitching, small ball, but can still hit em out tha park. ah well.. i'm out

-T-

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
I'm not even gonna bitch about MacDougal. Blown saves are gonna happen. That's just part of the game. As long as it doesn't become chronic.

We're damn lucky we didn't split. My neighbors must've thought I was crazy on Sunday. While I watched us blow that 5-0 lead, there was much high volume swearing. Then, Beltran gave me some more high volume swearing in the 10th. Tho, the swearing changed from things like "Shit! Goddammit, you cock-suckers!" to something like "Holy fucking shit! Did I really just see that game?"