RAP IN WASHINGTON

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
BAMMER said:
WEST SEATTLE IN A NUTSHELL^

I'm not totally convinced with the racial population bit.

I don't believe the racial make up of your city means shit.Look how long it actually took the South to even be noticed at any level?Dade County is everything you want in a gangster crime ridden stereotype of urban lifestyle,and all they got is Trick Daddy.Chicago has never really blown up as a whole,and I think it's the 3rd largest city in the US.In 1985 I did'nt even know what Compton was,but if you can portray your cities image well enough,you can create it's image nationally.By 1989,everyone knew about Compton.Nelly put St.Louis on the map without even painting a vivid picture.I could'nt tell you right now what area of St.Louis he reps.

I thinks it's money first,and who you know second,.3rd is the desire of the lable and it's employees.and Timing always enters into it.It don't hurt to have your hometown on lock prior to all that.

Just an outsiders opinion.
Yep all good points.

I get a little carried away at times but it's basically b/c I get sick and tired of explaining to people from other places that Seattle is not 99% white.

May 12, 2005
FUCK ALL THAT BULLSHIT 151 AN THA LAC IS NEXT TO BLOW SEATTLE AINT A HIP HOP CITY BOTTOM LINE WE AINT NONE FOR IT YET BEST BELIEVE THERES REAL KILLAS OUT HERE THOUGH DONT GET IT FUCKED UP JUST ASK ABOUT THEM LAC OR RESPECT NIGGAS THEM NIGGAS AINT NO STUDIO GANSTAS JUST ASK SOME CATS ON HERE. BUT LIKE I SIAD THIS AINT NO RAP TOWN JUST ASK PERL JAM AN ALL THEM OTHER ROCK BADS WHO DONE MADE IT OUT

Aug 27, 2002
www.felonyhits.com
Handle some Business and you will Blow plus yall got shit twisted niggas do this for bread and meat not to make the region happy that we blew up because in reality yall ain't getting shit when a artist blows up.And to answer yall question All you have to do is buy records and request songs sweat record shops and radio stations That will help the cause not arguing on the internet point blank.PLUS EVERY JO- BLOW LABEL OR ARTIST AIN'T WORTHY ...You know who you are....

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
YOUNG KRIME said:
PLUS EVERY JO- BLOW LABEL OR ARTIST AIN'T WORTHY ...You know who you are....

thank you....

and Bammer, black population and how "hood" a city is is two different things....

im venting cause i see it in my face and in my HOOD, and my families HOODS EVERY FUCKIN DAY.... its sad cause we dont have the money to by this shit before the rug gets snatched from beneith us....

and yeah XPanther, i know it happens errywhere, but im just sayin that there has to be a market expansion in our region, and we need to find out what the teenie bopper ass lil white girls and white boys in the suburbs are buyin, cause THEY are makin niggas rich....

Jun 29, 2005
WELL AM THE LAC SO ON THAT NOTE WE STAY SURROUNDED BY KILLAS FROM THE SOUTH TO THE WEST SO AS FOR AS DUDE SAYING WE AINT THE ONLY GANSTAS IF YOU HEARD THE LAC ALBUM AN MY NEW SOLO WE STRETCHED THAT POINT ALLREADY GUY

Jul 10, 2002
I don't believe the racial make up of your city means shit.Look how long it actually took the South to even be noticed at any level?Dade County is everything you want in a gangster crime ridden stereotype of urban lifestyle,and all they got is Trick Daddy.Chicago has never really blown up as a whole,and I think it's the 3rd largest city in the US.In 1985 I did'nt even know what Compton was,but if you can portray your cities image well enough,you can create it's image nationally.By 1989,everyone knew about Compton.Nelly put St.Louis on the map without even painting a vivid picture.I could'nt tell you right now what area of St.Louis he reps.

Yup, look at E-40 and Vallejo...

Jul 10, 2002
It'll happen, lots of people are makin' moves... The talent and diversity is out there, the next step in my opinion will require a greater level of organized and professional networking. Unfortuneately, it all costs $$$... What's missing is a major investor. We all know there are 'clicks' or 'crews' who've got major cheese out here, the problem is instead of investing it in the rilla's, they wanna be center stage and the game gets all crossed up...

We've got a lot a hustlers, lots of talent, ballers, pimps n' hoes, producers, rappers, g'z in studios & studio Gangsters, dj's, graffers, breakers, pushers' n grinders, musicians, backpackers, clothing stores, mom's and pop's stores an the whole nine. The thing is rap/hip-hop is oversaturated in every region (just go to the BART boards, they tryna figure out how to bring the bay back to the early 90's)... What's E-40 say on his orange and yellow double disc
'I told you a long time ago to get in the rap game but its too late'

It's hard to eat off music, just like tryna be an actor, painter, ect. hence the saying 'Starving Artist!' It's gotta be for the luv, but it also needs $$$, connections, and some professional organization..
Put together the right network of Money, Muscle n' Hustle with a tight product and watch what happens...

It'll happen, the question is will it be sooner or later? Stay tuned to find out...

May 4, 2005
Damn No shit comes outta seattle, Besides some fuckin shitty grunge music, But if yall lookin for a some real Bay shit hit me up hommie, IM leading the Done Deal Ent. Street Team in Seattle/Tacoma if yall need some , Ya boy , San quinn any of that done deal shit holla, Done Deal doing it real big this year-Go cop the new Ya Boy- Mixtape the future of the franchise!!!! out NOW!!!

Aug 20, 2004
Kaveo said:
Damn No shit comes outta seattle, Besides some fuckin shitty grunge music!!!
Youre gonna insult us and THEN ask if we wanna help you promote???Wow...kick rocks...

PS-Change your name..we all know damn well you aint from The Mossie...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
nonstop_ga said:
and Bammer, black population and how "hood" a city is is two different things.....

To you that might be true, but to someone that is uncultured wouldn't know that and might not understand it. Most of America associates "hoods" with the black population of our country. If not soley them, then the black and mexican population.

The Northwest is STILL in the shadow of the rock music that came out in the 90's, that's our image, whether people like it or not. To most of the country, Seattle (music wise) is grunge. People are still living in the past. The NW has to do something that nobody else is doing-or at least do something that is proven to work. There ARE companies in Seattle that makes shirts that say, "The North West" on them along with other things. People just aren't jumping on the bandwagon yet. I know TWO people that have the Mariners "206" hat, myself and D-Sane. I've NEVER seen anyone else anywhere wearing one. Now I know that might not be saying much, but obviously the people IN our region don't give a fuck.

Someone said this before, but if the people within the region aren't waking up, get your shit outside of the region. It's common sense here, if something doesn't work and is taking forever to fix, find something else that will work. Most people on here don't know SHIT about cats rappin from Bremerton...WHY? Cause people in the NW are rude. Fans don't give a shit about new artists or most artists in general. People from Bremerton are doin shit outside of the region and are succeding more so than most people in Seattle. Cause people in Seattle are fickle and are too fuckin unsure of what's "good."

My overall advise is stop sticking to the fuckin back yard when you have way more shit to cover. Get things in order-marketing, budget, and all the other shit. Image should really be the last thing people are thinking about, cause until you have the "behind the scenes" details worked out, your image isn't gonna do shit but get you a little bit of attention. You have to know how to do it, where to do it, when to do it, what to do, and most important, WHY the fuck you're doin it. If we had more people that had a fuckin clue around here things might change. But there's only 1-2 labels IMO that have their shit together.

*EDIT*
Just so it's been said, people in general in the NW care WAY too much about their "image." Your actions will go a lot further than "looking cool" or like a "gangsta." Cause you can present yourself and look like many things, but people WILL interpret that differently-so some people tryin to look hard might be thought of as a bitch just for that, and most people would never be the wiser. Too many people seem to be worried about what other regions are doing and have accomplished. We aren't the fucking South, East, or Cali. This is the fucking Northwest. Worry about what YOU need to do, get it done, and you will get somewhere (hopefully).

We really need to bring back some old threads regarding shit like this, cause there were a couple people that said some on point shit.