RAP IN WASHINGTON

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 5, 2005
murder man-why I pick "studiogangster", cause no matter how real or cool or down to earth i am, on the net, you can be as hard as you want to, I just wanted to play with that.
gringo-nobody will make it? yeah right...when they do, i hope they send you a free CD and a gift basket.(you gotta love yourself first). speedygonzo-you say it's the publics job (i like that).
I aint mad about self promo's-if they dont think they will make it(im not gonna for them). like i said-you gotta love yourself first.keep it up all you self promo's (mike jones-mike jones). redboss-you say the 425 is liljon lovin white boys and the 206 is project pat bumpin nigs>that really hurts... if they're starvin for music and don't know where to get it (they'll go with the force fed-source/bet/mtv/kube93) . me personally, i listen to as much music as possible>pink floyd,alice in chains, lee scratch perry, devin the dude, the D.E., old skool R&B, everything I can get my hands on. IF YOU DONT KNOW THE PAST >>>>FUTURE??? E-dawg-you say northwset movement! I love that. until we get past this NW drama, I cant see anyone getting the shine the deserve. I'm speaking of the way the factions have split between the NW gangsta rap artists and the NW hiphop artists. seems like they should be working together -even if they're not doing songs together. I dunno, thats just my dream.

May 13, 2005
mo-x said:
^ So you're saying people who watch MTV shouldn't get into rap?...
i dunno where you get that idea of me saying that... im jus using 'mtv' as an example of a major influeance on today's music listener and alotta music on mtv is rap, this guy was saying now adays everybody's listnin to white boy rock which is bullshit. i dunno why you think i said ppl who watch mtv shouldnt get into rap.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
really, its time to phase out the weak, and get together as a region...

blow this nw shit first, then we can worry about cities...

we CAN get it like the south... we just have to target a different audience...

portland and seattle are 8% black, while the south is WAAAAY higher..

so we just have to cater to our audience...

but first....

THIS IS THE NORTHWEST!!!! be proud... bang this shit like a hood... NORTHWEST NIGGA

WE'RE THE NEW WEST!!

May 13, 2005
studiogangster said:
...redboss-you say the 425 is liljon lovin white boys and the 206 is project pat bumpin nigs>that really hurts... if they're starvin for music and don't know where to get it (they'll go with the force fed-source/bet/mtv/kube93)...
i never said everett was this and seattle was that, why is it people on this forum like to put words into my fuckin mouth? read what the fuck i say before you open your mouth. btw it wasnt meant as an insult, so get ur shit straight.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
and for the record... theres drama everywhere... i dont know why we (in general) wanna spread this northwest is full of hatters shit...

get involved... support locals that you feel...

you dont have to support mc fagbreath and his triton preset bullshit, but slap the tight ones...
we represent yall... and i know for a fact, im not gonna support a bunch of cryin ass haters... so straighten up and bang this NW shit

TNWIH (THE NORTHWEST IS HERE) lol

COMMERCIAL/GANGSTA/UNDERGROUND/MAINSTREAM... WHATEVA U DO - MAKE QUALITY MUZIK w/ REAL SUBSTANCE 2IT - BCUZ THAT'Z WHAT WILL STAND THA TEST OF TIME. SPEEDY - YEA, HOMEBOY, I FEEL WHERE U COMIN FROM. BUT I REALLY AM FEEL'N MYSEFF LIKE THAT! I AM A COMPLETE ARTIST - CONSISTANT RAW MATERIAL - & I AIN'T EVEN IN MY PRIME YET - STEADY IMPROVEMENT. I KNO I GOT WHAT IT TAKEZ 2 TAKE IT 2 THAT NEX LEVEL - & I'M MY #1 FAN. WHAT.

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=6100254&Mytoken=20050610171935

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=7473796&Mytoken=20050610173022

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=7473075&Mytoken=20050610173416

Aug 20, 2004
studiogangster said:
gringo-nobody will make it? yeah right...when they do, i hope they send you a free CD and a gift basket.(you gotta love yourself first). .
Ive been around the NW scene since i was a tyke...

If the NW was gonna "blow"...i woulda already happened...how do i know?Trust that i know and thats all YOU need to know...

And save the funny style sarcasm for someone who thinks youre funny...

The truth can be a nasty thing....

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
nonstop_ga said:
we CAN get it like the south... we just have to target a different audience...

Yeah, but damn near everyone in the NW has shitty marketing/advertising campaigns. I'd like to see someone who has an actual advertising campaign put together. Someone that has a physical report of what they are gonna do and all that-I bet there's only a handfull of people that have one-if that. Mo-X & Lil' G got one now that I did one for them but most people probably don't have them, and they don't think about specifically targeting people/an audience to get their name out. It's just, "lets see how many cds I can sell today on the street." That's all fine and dandy, but that's not getting anybody anywhere.

I agree that the NW can and will blow up, but people need to step their game up, BE (not act) professional, and stay organized. I know it's been talked about for a long time, but seriously-the NW needs to have a big ass show with hella NW artists, maybe some people outta the region just to get more people to show up....

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Maybe it's just me but there isn't an "if" the NW makes good music...The NW has been making good music, for quite awhile now too. It's gonna take more than just good music...Cause if people can't promote, network, advertise, or whatever for their product, there's almost no point in putting one out. I'm not saying that people who posted in this thread don't do their shit, but a lot of people don't. There's really too many reasons to list, but this region needs something that hasn't been done before for it to blow up...While I agree that making good music is key, that one factor isn't going to make anyone blow the region.

Apr 17, 2004
www.soundclick.com
^^^^^^^maybe I was being a little too broad, I agree with everything you are saying, but by making good music I mean the NW ass a whole needs to come together more. The BIG dogs need to reach out to the underdogs, as well thew underdogs need to ride for/with the shakers and movers who have been grindin' all along. And I also think the NW has been making good music, but every other man's idea of "good" slightly differs. I think that slowly but surely we need that spark, that different sound that defines us from them, every region has a distinctive sound, and even different styles, what is ours?

I know what mine is, but what IS the NW sound?