Prodigy of Mobb Deep Going In On Jay-Z!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
i cant understand how jay-z is a legend in rap. in order to be great in rap you have to have people from all over the world listening and loving your shit.
lol, you serious??

Jay-Z is one of the FEW artist who does have people from all over the world listening to and loving his shit

I'm also from California, and I've heard plenty of people talk about and listen to Jay-Z

maybe the people you choose to associate with don't like Jay-Z, but if you assume people from all over don't listen to Jay-Z, you just don't talk to enough people

one could argue that Jay-Z is the most popular rapper of all time. there's only a few artists have reached the level of popularity and success that can be compared with Jay-Z, I'd say Eminem, Snoop, 2pac, maybe a couple more, but those rappers come to mind off top

May 3, 2002
one could argue that Jay-Z is the most popular rapper of all time. there's only a few artists have reached the level of popularity and success that can be compared with Jay-Z, I'd say Eminem, Snoop, 2pac, maybe a couple more, but those rappers come to mind off top
I wouldn't put him into that group when it comes to rapping, yeh he has skills but those that you listed made a name for themselves by originating, being off the wall or gaining recognition for their talent. Jay-z is a tight rapper, but a better businessman and him being with Beyonce and being the businessman is where everything else comes to play.

Ether>Jay Z

Jan 18, 2006
I think people tend to forget Damon Dash did all the diry work behind the scenes. Jay used him until he no longer had a need for him. I like how someone releases a bunch of half ass albums or should i say less then half the tracks are good on most his albums and hes considered a legend. Hes popular only cuz he followed in the steps of Biggie and had some good singles. Dude aint no businessman like Master P was and like i said Dash was making most of the business moves until they parted ways.

Feb 7, 2006
Even though a lot of stories happen like this I have to say Jay is lucky to come from an era where you had to have skill and just be in the right place at the right time. Biggie thought him the rhyme in your head shit, Pac died then Biggie died making room for Jay to be the next king of BK, NY, and Rap. Jay is great at knowing who to use and be around.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Even though a lot of stories happen like this I have to say Jay is lucky to come from an era where you had to have skill and just be in the right place at the right time. Biggie thought him the rhyme in your head shit, Pac died then Biggie died making room for Jay to be the next king of BK, NY, and Rap. Jay is great at knowing who to use and be around.

That's been the key for him. How many people has he been loyal to, and how many has he used as a stepping stone to get where he is?

Apr 13, 2003
he definitely hangs out with more white people nowadays, but that just has to do with him being a business man if you ask me. dude is about his money, and extremely business savvy, I'm not hating on that.

I think rich white people (or rich people of any color for that matter) will do what they gotta do to get ahead in life, and they may work together and partner up doing so. no doubt about it, greed drives big business and politics, I'm not naive to that shit. all I'm saying is this whole idea about a secret society, and entertainers selling their soul to the devil in exchange for success is bullshit, IMO (I've seen no valid proof that this stuff is legit, besides propaganda youtube videos, so right now it is all subjective)

I mean, I'm an agnostic/borderline atheist anyways, so of course I'm gonna think this is all bullshit... the basis for all these theories is on some good vs. evil shit... people assume these extremely successful people got to where they are by selling their souls in exchange for success. I don't believe that shit. I believe they may be some cutthroat business men who do what they gotta do to get ahead in life, but that's it.
This ^^^^^^^ minus the borderline atheist part. But yeah, all this illuminati shit is totall bullshit to me. It seems like a lot of broke and or jealous muthfuckaz make up all this bs to stir up controversy and bmake a bigger deal about shit more than it is. I have a hard time believing people do some kind of satanic ritual to become rich and famous. Gtfoh. A lot of people (especially on blogs) talk out of their asses and have no idea what the hell they are talkin about.. and I. Feel that there is nothing wrong with gettin as much bread as u can while ur stil breathin.

Apr 13, 2003
I think people tend to forget Damon Dash did all the diry work behind the scenes. Jay used him until he no longer had a need for him. I like how someone releases a bunch of half ass albums or should i say less then half the tracks are good on most his albums and hes considered a legend. Hes popular only cuz he followed in the steps of Biggie and had some good singles. Dude aint no businessman like Master P was and like i said Dash was making most of the business moves until they parted ways.
Wow. I can't believe some of the shit your sayin. How can u say that jay z I only popular because he followed in the footsteps of biggie? Jay had success b4 and after biggie. Jay dame and biggs all started rocafella. Rocafella was owned by all 3 of em and was started with big drug oney. This is no secret and evry1 know that jay used 2 push them packs. So to say that jay had nothin 2do with the develoment and rise of the roc is blasphamous.. jay was the cash cow at the rock. Evry album he put out solo went plat and multi plat.. u say that Jay isn't a buisnessman? LOL. Jus google Jay z businesses,investments and net woth. And tel me if u still believe what u said. Its cool to not like jay z . But its another thing to talk reckless and not be factual

Feb 8, 2003
jay-z and kanye new album been trending twitter all day so people must be checking for them.

lol at ol boy saying nobody around the world listens to jay-z cut it out. it seems siccness opinions dont relate to real life bc mofos bias if its a mainstream rapper thats not broke and local or washed up. quit living in the past this not the 90s no more and that east vs west shit is dead.

Feb 8, 2003
and for those who saying biggie discovered jay-z yall wrong. jazz o discovered him in the 80s but jaz o career wasnt going no where and it was big daddy kane that really put jay-z on.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
jay-z and kanye new album been trending twitter all day so people must be checking for them.

lol at ol boy saying nobody around the world listens to jay-z cut it out. it seems siccness opinions dont relate to real life bc mofos bias if its a mainstream rapper thats not broke and local or washed up. quit living in the past this not the 90s no more and that east vs west shit is dead.
yuup