POP WARNER??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
We lost today 13-0. BUT, after continously proving the coaches and their scheme wrong, I got my way. We will be implementing my views and play calling this week. We run a double wing and use all kinds of motions that confuse our kids on offense, not the defense like it is designed to do. At the half I asked the head coach to try my idea. We started at the 35 and the first play went for 40 yards. We ran the play 3 more times and got in the red zone for the first time all day. Then all of sudden the head coach called his plays and the drive stalled. For whatever reason he never went back to the package I asked for and we never moved the ball efficiently the rest of the game. Mind you, we didn't even paractice the play in practice this week. After the game, over some pitchers of beer, I got him to commit to trying my ideas for an entire game. He is willing and I know our team will reap the benefits of the obvious. We are going to turn this thing around and start playing the type of football our team is capable of playing. You have to make your scheme around your players, not make the players fit a scheme.... I don't care what level you play at.

Mar 20, 2007
Salinas next Sunday
i heard salinas is pretty tough. there pee-wee, an jr. pee-wee sqauds.

we playd half-moon bay this past weekend. again are we started off slow. and didnt really get the ball going till like the end of the 1st half. by that time there was only like 30 secs. left, and really just didnt have enough time. in the 2nd half we came back to score {my boys 3rd of the season} butta they half-moon bay were already ahead 3 tds. in tha 2nd half-moon got the best of us note: we did shut them down and only allwoed 1td. final=28-7. i think what it is.(our what i have noticed) is that our coaches start tha 2nd string "d" evrygame n lotta mpr players. and it puts us down on tha board really early and haves us to play the catch game the rest of the football game. i dont know its only been 2 games. butta it is somethang i did notice.

shoot any advice if yall gots any will be apprecited

Dec 2, 2006

we playd half-moon bay this past weekend. again are we started off slow. and didnt really get the ball going till like the end of the 1st half. by that time there was only like 30 secs. left, and really just didnt have enough time. in the 2nd half we came back to score {my boys 3rd of the season} butta they half-moon bay were already ahead 3 tds. in tha 2nd half-moon got the best of us note: we did shut them down and only allwoed 1td. final=28-7. i think what it is.(our what i have noticed) is that our coaches start tha 2nd string "d" evrygame n lotta mpr players. and it puts us down on tha board really early and haves us to play the catch game the rest of the football game. i dont know its only been 2 games. butta it is somethang i did notice.

Putting the MPR's in right away is a good strategy, imo. The hardest part is finding the meduim/mix of players so you don't get burned when doing it, atleast on defense. I like to put them on the line and just have them bear crawl and plug the middle so the ball has to go outside and should get cleaned up by the linebackers. The d-ends play but the nose and tackle bear crawl if that makes any sense. Simplifying things so the kids can grasp the concept is needed at the young age groups.Too often coaches try and teach techniques, etc. and yeah some kids get it, but you have to coach from the middle out, not from the top down like so many do. That is from my little experience though. Coach up the kids that need it most. What ususally hapens is the kids that need it most get pushed to side while the best players get coached up and it makes no sense to me.

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
Putting the MPR's in right away is a good strategy, imo. The hardest part is finding the meduim/mix of players so you don't get burned when doing it, atleast on defense. I like to put them on the line and just have them bear crawl and plug the middle so the ball has to go outside and should get cleaned up by the linebackers. The d-ends play but the nose and tackle bear crawl if that makes any sense. Simplifying things so the kids can grasp the concept is needed at the young age groups.Too often coaches try and teach techniques, etc. and yeah some kids get it, but you have to coach from the middle out, not from the top down like so many do. That is from my little experience though. Coach up the kids that need it most. What ususally hapens is the kids that need it most get pushed to side while the best players get coached up and it makes no sense to me.
Real talk O-line is the safest way to get your MPR out the way if they can get a first down your pretty much done also put two of them on the D line have them shoot the gaps at least they can plug the hole our team's whole first offense is MPR get them out the way then let our studs get it in we still have our no so good players mix in with the studs

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com

What team your kid play for???? Yeah Salinas and our team are tied for first they went 11-1 last year but they played a cupake schedule and lost 20-0 to East Bay gonna be a good game our boys will be ready

Dec 2, 2006
Real talk O-line is the safest way to get your MPR out the way if they can get a first down your pretty much done also put two of them on the D line have them shoot the gaps at least they can plug the hole our team's whole first offense is MPR get them out the way then let our studs get it in we still have our no so good players mix in with the studs
We have 35 kids on our roster and my suggestion was exactly that. Actually I wanted to set up an entire seperate offense with just the qb, center and one RB and sub in 8 kids at a time. The hardest part is managing the kids and finding that medium. Our first 16 or so kids can play, our scheme just sucks on offense. We use all these motions that really do nothing but confuse our kids. Plus at the 9-10 year old level the plays do not develop fast enough to run what we run. With 4 or 5 formations we don't properly set plays up if we switch the looks up all the time. I want to run one formation and manipulate the defense with the play calling, not motions. We worked on defense today and tomorrow we start implementing the simple plays I know will make all the difference for our team. I told the coach we are playing checkers in a chess match and i'm a chess player so don't trip.lol

I rather just play the backround but not if the head coach doesn't get it. If we had a competent OC I wouldn't say a word but 6 points in 3 games is not acceptable.

Mar 20, 2007
koo thax for yall input. man i cant wait to get out there and coach. only thing is i might be to aggresive, shit am proabaly the loudest parent out there mayne lol. am more suited for more 10-11yrs old. enehow thanx awhole lot for tha info am try an save n paste this shit so when my time does come nawamsaying...hopefully soon mayne..lol. enehow yea we play for hollister t.m. vikings. we gots montrey jets this wkend. they ene good.

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
Best Popwarner game I've ever seen we beat Salinas 13-12 won the game with 6 seconds left down 12-6 85 yard kick return. My son scored the first touchdown a 60 yard run he ended up with 154 yards rushing. Messed up thing about the game was the penalty calls Salinas had two fumbles in there last drive that didn't go our way SMH come to find out the sideline ref was there head coach last year SMH again SMH!!!!! Runs our record to 3-0 we got Hollister next week at 3pm in Hollister

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
We had our most complete game today. We beat the North Stockton Eagles 31-13. Our defense finally met the challenge and shut the Eagles down in the 2nd Half. Our record is 2-2 now and we play the Pacheco Panthers in Los Banos next weekend. We got a 2 game winning streak and we are building momentum as the season progresses. Lil E scored 1 TD, so he has 6 for the season.

Jan 7, 2004
My sons team (Deer Valley) Jr Pee Wee's beat Clayton Valley 6-0, not a high score but this is the first time we beat them in 7 years. My son played every snap on defense except for one and that is only because they wanted one of our veterean Jr Pee Wee players to go correct one of our kids on the line. Every play they would call a shift to right or left on Defense and my son would have to grab the kids jersey (coaches kid might have you) and pull him in the correct direction. were 1-0 now.

Mar 20, 2007
we playd the montrey jets this wkend they dont keep score at my sons level(tiny-mites) butta i do lol. enehow we won 21-7,it was good to finally get our 1st win. my sons scored 2td rite off the back, so they took him off the offense the rest of the game and let the other kids run it. wich i thought was pertty koo to give everyone some love nawamsaying. plus we where up 14-0 at that point. when d came around dude tore it up with 8tackles. and a td saving horse collar tackle wich they didnt call. yea note:the jets were not to big are fast. butta it was good to get our 1st anyway. enehow yea we gots tha atherton vikings next wkend wich i belive is kontac or mac team. looking forward to it n hopefully are kids preform. @kontac or mac. who every is atherton. what squad and number is your son?

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
Kontac's son plays for the Menlo Atherton Vikings. Keyshawn's number is 25. He's a beast too. He plays on the Junior Pee Wee team I believe