Poll: WEEK 4 Raiders Vs. Patriots

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who Will WIn

• Raiders

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Patriots

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I Don't care i'm just trolling

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
pats db arrington leads the league in picks......

raiiders avg 50 yards less than the pats do on defense....

Pats average what 180 yards more on offense than the raiders

pats are +2 on TO
Raiders are +3 on TO

Pats have played MIA,SD and BUF (offensive ranks 12,4 and 3)
Raiders have played DEN,BUF and NYJ (offensive ranks 27, 4 and 16)

my point is, pats have worse defensive #s because they have played better offensive teams....

oh and btw. stealers are worst in the league with -9 TO difference, does it mean they are the worst team in the league?
stealers sure looked like the worst team in the league in the game they gave up most of their turnovers in. they didn't look too good playing against the manningless colts either. if manning was in that game, colts would have won in a blowout. you actually just proved my point with this. steelers are known as a defensively strong team, but what good has that done for them with such a shitty turnover ratio? they have a winning record, but that's because they've played seattle and indy on back to back weeks. houston is going to dominate them tomorrow.

you can say the pats have worse numbers defensively because they had better competition, but what good does that do them against us? we have one of the best offenses in the league. we have the best rushing offense and have double the rushing TDs of our closest competition.

your only point is that you don't like the raiders and won't give us credit even after we dominated one of the best defensive teams in the league. you can counter that by saying I'm just a homer, but I wouldn't be saying we'll have another dominate win if we were playing the packers, SD, or houston tomorrow.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
we have one of the best offenses in the league. we have the best rushing offense and have double the rushing TDs of our closest competition.
14th ranked offense is 1 of the best?

raiders have a 38% 3rd down conversion percentage as well to go with that "one of the best offenses in the league"

pats stack the box to defend the run, not much to worry about with that 26th ranked passing offense the raiders have.....

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
14th ranked offense is 1 of the best?

raiders have a 38% 3rd down conversion percentage as well to go with that "one of the best offenses in the league"

pats stack the box to defend the run, not much to worry about with that 26th ranked passing offense the raiders have.....
we completed 0 3rd downs against the jets, didn't stop us from scoring 34 points on them.

I'm sure every team we play tries to stack the box, and it doesn't do shit for them. you don't think the jets were gameplanning to stop our run game? lol. you really don't have an argument. like I said, you just have some sort of emotional problem with the raiders. hell hath no fury like a chranny's scorn.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
we completed 0 3rd downs against the jets, didn't stop us from scoring 34 points on them.

I'm sure every team we play tries to stack the box, and it doesn't do shit for them. you don't think the jets were gameplanning to stop our run game? lol. you really don't have an argument. like I said, you just have some sort of emotional problem with the raiders. hell hath no fury like a chranny's scorn.
u keep bringint up the jets lol. they are an AVERAGE TEAM

offense rank 16
defense rank 11

and lol @ the raiders "top 5 defense" being 28th......

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
nobody was saying the Jets were average until the Raiders beat them

if we beat New England tomorrow people are gonna be saying the same thing about them, lol

I don't really care. a lot of people just can't give props when they're due, no matter what

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
exactly! when we beat the pats tomorrow, chree is just going to say "so what, they have the worst D in the league" or some bullshit anyway. lol, just like how we got "lucky" against the jets!. lol

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
You guys watch and see how it is done. This is not an NFC West team, you know the ones that show a little promise one year,only to take 5 steps back the next year. The Raiders will have a top 10 offense and defense in 2011. Atleast now yall are going to have a reason to be real mad.....
^^^^

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Sanchez is overrated... Jets D is legit though...

not sayin the raiders didnt play good, but Cromartie gift wrapped that win. 4 PI's and a fumbled kickoff. thats what good teams do though, take advantage of there second chances...

with all these complaints the league is hearing about qb's gettin hit, hue better tell his "bullies" to pull the reigns back a little bit, if Brady gets sneezed on its gonna be 15 yards....

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Jason Campbell leads the league in roughing the passer penalties

Michael Vick raised the question this week about whether referees protect certain quarterbacks more than others. It turns out that the quarterback who draws roughing the passer penalties most frequently is not a superstar.

Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell has drawn roughing the passer penalties at a higher rate than any other quarterback in the NFL since the start of the 2010 season, according to former head of officiating Mike Pereira, who posted the data at FOXSports.com.

Yes, Al Davis, the officials are protecting your quarterback more than any other.

Or maybe not. Actually, the truth is that the data about roughing the passer penalties doesn’t tell us much about which quarterbacks are being protected and which ones are not — or if NFL officials actually “protect” any quarterbacks more than any others. The fact that Campbell draws a roughing the passer penalty 1.46 times for every 100 passes while Tom Brady draws a roughing the passer penalty 0.16 times for every 100 passes probably means that Brady is getting the ball away before the defense even gets close to him, while Campbell is frequently throwing under intense pressure. It would be much more useful to analyze penalties per hit than penalties per pass.

But the data is interesting nonetheless. After Campbell, the quarterbacks who draw the most roughing the passer penalties are Jay Cutler, Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen and Sam Bradford. In addition to Brady, the quarterbacks who draw the fewest roughing the passer penalties are Eli Manning, Matt Schaub, Peyton Manning, David Garrard, Joe Flacco, Kevin Kolb and Tony Romo.

Whether there’s anything to glean from that data is open to debate, although Pereira is certainly correct that the star quarterbacks don’t appear to pick up roughing the passer penalties any more than the scrubs.

Or maybe the officials really do go too far to protect Campbell. That’s what Rex Ryan thinks.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
so the jets owe all their success to their defense, but when we score 34 points and 234 yards rushing against them. they are average and we got lucky? lol