OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2008 SEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
LOL @ THE PERSON WHO STARTED THIS THREAD. HYPED UP FOR NOTHIN'. ON A SIDE NOTE ATLEAST THE NORTENOS WERE HAPPY WITH THE NUMBERS OF THE SCORE.
you act like the Raiders don't have a talented squad this year

it's the coaching and the way the team is run IMO

I think we don't see all the problems that go on between Kiffin and Al and the coordinators

so did I have a reason to be hyped... yes I did

even most people in the media were saying our team will be much improved

I heard a lot of people saying they expected us to win that game

I think most people were shocked it turned out the way it did...

It's ok though... it is one game so I'm not losing all hope

Nov 7, 2002
I just dont understand why Al cant let go? Why even have a head coach if he has no power over the draft, personal, or coaching staff? I mean what is the point if Kiffin can't bring the people he wants in or fire people he feels are not right for the job then whats the fucking point! Rob Ryan called one of the worst games I've seen in years like he had no clue what denver was doing from the get go. Al davis needs to step back hire a real GM and let the head coach do his fucking job and just sign the checks thats it! I still feel the raiders are a much better team then last year and its way to early to throw in the towel but fuck Al davis makes we want to punch a senior citizen in the face.

Jun 1, 2002
I SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN: THIS WAS A TERRIBLE AND EMBARASSING LOSS TO A HATED RIVAL, BUT I'M NOT ABOUT TO PUSH THE PANIC BUTTON JUST YET. IN FACT, I THINK WE WILL STILL FINISH OUT THE SEASON WITH A BETTER RECORD.

PEOPLE JUST LOVE TO KICK THE RAIDERS WHEN WE'RE DOWN. THAT'S WHAT AL DID TO THE ENTIRE LEAGUE FOR YEARS AND NOW IT HAS COME FULL CIRCLE.

STAY STRONG RAIDER NATION!!

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
you act like the Raiders don't have a talented squad this year

it's the coaching and the way the team is run IMO

I think we don't see all the problems that go on between Kiffin and Al and the coordinators

so did I have a reason to be hyped... yes I did

even most people in the media were saying our team will be much improved

I heard a lot of people saying they expected us to win that game

I think most people were shocked it turned out the way it did...

It's ok though... it is one game so I'm not losing all hope
THEY ALWAYS HAVE A TALENTED SQUAD AND DON'T DO SHIT(I.E;RANDY MOSS) AND THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO gET REJECTS AND SCRAPS, ESPECIALLY FROM THE BRONCOS. SO DON'T ACT LIKE IT'S SOMETHIN' NEW. I WASN'T SURPRISED AT ALL, EXCEPT FOR THE SCORE. I THOUgHT IT WAS gONNA BE MUCH CLOSER(SINCE IT WAS IN OAKLAND). HELL I EVEN THOUgHT THAT THE RAIDERS MIgHT'VE REgROUPED IN THE XND HALF AND MAKE IT A CLOSE ONE. I AIN'T EVEN gONNA LIE. THE BRONCOS FUCCED UP THE LIL PARTY WE HAD(ALL KIND OF FOOD WAS STILL LEFT AND gOT COLD). EVERYBODY LEFT HOME EARLY CAUSE BY THE 3RD QUARTER IT WAS BASICALLY A WRAP.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
THEY ALWAYS HAVE A TALENTED SQUAD AND DON'T DO SHIT(I.E;RANDY MOSS) AND THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO gET REJECTS AND SCRAPS, ESPECIALLY FROM THE BRONCOS. SO DON'T ACT LIKE IT'S SOMETHIN' NEW. I WASN'T SURPRISED AT ALL, EXCEPT FOR THE SCORE. I THOUgHT IT WAS gONNA BE MUCH CLOSER(SINCE IT WAS IN OAKLAND). HELL I EVEN THOUgHT THAT THE RAIDERS MIgHT'VE REgROUPED IN THE XND HALF AND MAKE IT A CLOSE ONE. I AIN'T EVEN gONNA LIE. THE BRONCOS FUCCED UP THE LIL PARTY WE HAD(ALL KIND OF FOOD WAS STILL LEFT AND gOT COLD). EVERYBODY LEFT HOME EARLY CAUSE BY THE 3RD QUARTER IT WAS BASICALLY A WRAP.
exactly... I don't think people were expecting a blowout on either end

I expected a close game either way... just like everybody else

I did expect Oakland to win... was I being sliiiightly biased because they're my team... yeah of course

but the point is... we were expected to be better this year by more than just Raiders fans

unlike the 2007 season...I didn't expect shit... I was far from hyped for us

and besides it was just one game

You really can't predict a whole season based on that

shit... Indy lost 29-13 to what has been expected to be a pretty bad Bears team

Are you telling me they're gonna have a horrible season???

Now I know we're comparing apples to oranges here... of course Indy is on a different level than Oakland

but I'm just saying it's not over yet.... I'll admit I feel less optimistic than I did before the game... but there's 15 more to play so we'll see what happens

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
http://www.raiders.com/Multimedia/Default.aspx?id=88#

there's a link to some of the press conference after the game with Kiffin, Mcfadden, and Russell

also Kiffin's press conference from the next day

Kiffin seems to be pretty positive considering how bad the loss was

He seems happy with the way J. Russ played

I would've like to hear him talk more about the issues with the D... since that was the main concern... maybe he wanted to stop himself from talkin shit about Ryan

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
we had almost 100 yards in penalties, that's just stupid. I always expect the team to have around 50, but 100 is just too much to give away.

all that aside, I'm still confident we'll be better than last year. I expect the team to get better as the season goes along.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
exactly... I don't think people were expecting a blowout on either end

I expected a close game either way... just like everybody else

I did expect Oakland to win... was I being sliiiightly biased because they're my team... yeah of course

but the point is... we were expected to be better this year by more than just Raiders fans

unlike the 2007 season...I didn't expect shit... I was far from hyped for us

and besides it was just one game

You really can't predict a whole season based on that

shit... Indy lost 29-13 to what has been expected to be a pretty bad Bears team

Are you telling me they're gonna have a horrible season???

Now I know we're comparing apples to oranges here... of course Indy is on a different level than Oakland

but I'm just saying it's not over yet.... I'll admit I feel less optimistic than I did before the game... but there's 15 more to play so we'll see what happens

STAY STRONg YOUNg gRASSHOPPER. YOU MIgHT BREAK EVEN(8-8). BUT INDY JUST gOT CLOBBERED. IT WAS THAT BEARS D, PLUS THE TASTE OF REVENgE THAT MOTIVATED THAT. WILL THEY BE CONTENDERS? I NEVA SEEN MANNINg OFF LIKE THAT, SO IT'S EITHA THAT INDY MISSIN' SOMETHIN' AND HAD A BAD gAME OR IT'S A SIgN OF AN OVERRATED TEAM THAT DIDN'T LIVE UP TO THE HYPE. AND I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR TEAM. BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005

STAY STRONg YOUNg gRASSHOPPER. YOU MIgHT BREAK EVEN(8-8). BUT INDY JUST gOT CLOBBERED. IT WAS THAT BEARS D, PLUS THE TASTE OF REVENgE THAT MOTIVATED THAT. WILL THEY BE CONTENDERS? I NEVA SEEN MANNINg OFF LIKE THAT, SO IT'S EITHA THAT INDY MISSIN' SOMETHIN' AND HAD A BAD gAME OR IT'S A SIgN OF AN OVERRATED TEAM THAT DIDN'T LIVE UP TO THE HYPE. AND I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR TEAM. BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL.
may I ask who is your team? just out of curiosity...

and yeah... we might break 8-8

that was my preseason prediction... I was never expecting much more than that

I would happy with that... as it would be a big improvement from 4-12

Jan 4, 2003
so I've heard that Rob Ryan meets up with Al Davis to make his defensice schemes going into gameday.. which I do believe...

Al needs to let his coaches coach their way already!! its 08.. the HC needs to know everything going on out there! And last but not least BLITZZZZZZZZZZZZZ if we even want a chance for our defense to make plays

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Please don't tell me that Al was calling that defensive plays. That's not right... as head coach, Kiffin should have the last call in regards to defensive schemes. He is the head coach...

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/11/SPJS12RJ99.DTL&type=printable

Raiders coach Lane Kiffin and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan walked off the practice field together Wednesday, talking about something or the other.

They were out of earshot, but you can rule out the notion Kiffin was giving out orders to blitz more.

After all, he doesn't run the defense. Ryan does, along with owner Al Davis.

"Well, we talk about it early in the week," Kiffin said when asked why the Raiders don't blitz more.

"Rob and the owner are always in communication. For the most part, I let Rob do his thing over there. He has a belief in certain things and he has a conversation with the owner about that."

Kiffin, it seems, wouldn't mind throwing an occasional fifth pass rusher into the pocket.

The Raiders could have used a blitzer in Monday night's 41-14 loss to the Broncos, when quarterback Jay Cutler was neither sacked nor knocked down a single time. Kiffin pointed to 10 third-down plays by the Broncos without a single quarterback pressure.

Kiffin was asked if the Raiders' secondary - considered a team strength, Monday aside - was solid enough in man coverage to free up a linebacker or safety for blitzing. Again, he put that on Ryan's and Davis' porch.

"I'm not going to really get into, 'If I was the defensive coordinator, what would I do?' because that doesn't really matter," Kiffin said. "I'm the head coach, I oversee everything and I control what I can control."

Apparently, that doesn't involve the defensive play-calling. Kiffin does call the plays on offense, though, and it didn't score in the opener until the fourth quarter with the Raiders down 27-0.

Kiffin has a defensive background on his resume. His father, Buccaneers defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, runs a Cover 2 zone scheme. In 2000, Lane Kiffin worked under former Jacksonville defensive coordinator Dom Capers, who employs a 3-4 defense.

The Raiders run a base 4-3 defense that rarely blitzes and relies on a four-man rush and man coverage in the secondary. Free safety Michael Huff said he blitzed "maybe twice" last season as a strong safety.

The Raiders ran several linebacker blitzes in the preseason and sent them regularly at quarterback JaMarcus Russell during training camp. They might add blitzes yet, but no one sounds terribly expectant.

"We just don't do that," Huff said.

Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall echoed that, and he has been with the team only five months.

"That's not the way this defense is," Hall said. "We're a four-man-pressure kind of defense."

Hall hurting: Hall said he slightly hyperextended his elbow during Monday's game, adding injury to insult after a rough Raiders debut.

"I might have slipped and just put my hand down wrong," Hall said.

He did not practice Wednesday, per the advice of the training staff. Kiffin expects him to play Sunday at Kansas City.

Wow... Al and Ryan need to go. It's not Kiffin's fault we were getting hit like that. I am beginning to see how Al is ruining this team.

Mar 16, 2005
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/11/SPJS12RJ99.DTL&type=printable

Raiders coach Lane Kiffin and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan walked off the practice field together Wednesday, talking about something or the other.

They were out of earshot, but you can rule out the notion Kiffin was giving out orders to blitz more.

After all, he doesn't run the defense. Ryan does, along with owner Al Davis.

"Well, we talk about it early in the week," Kiffin said when asked why the Raiders don't blitz more.

"Rob and the owner are always in communication. For the most part, I let Rob do his thing over there. He has a belief in certain things and he has a conversation with the owner about that."

Kiffin, it seems, wouldn't mind throwing an occasional fifth pass rusher into the pocket.

The Raiders could have used a blitzer in Monday night's 41-14 loss to the Broncos, when quarterback Jay Cutler was neither sacked nor knocked down a single time. Kiffin pointed to 10 third-down plays by the Broncos without a single quarterback pressure.

Kiffin was asked if the Raiders' secondary - considered a team strength, Monday aside - was solid enough in man coverage to free up a linebacker or safety for blitzing. Again, he put that on Ryan's and Davis' porch.

"I'm not going to really get into, 'If I was the defensive coordinator, what would I do?' because that doesn't really matter," Kiffin said. "I'm the head coach, I oversee everything and I control what I can control."

Apparently, that doesn't involve the defensive play-calling. Kiffin does call the plays on offense, though, and it didn't score in the opener until the fourth quarter with the Raiders down 27-0.

Kiffin has a defensive background on his resume. His father, Buccaneers defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, runs a Cover 2 zone scheme. In 2000, Lane Kiffin worked under former Jacksonville defensive coordinator Dom Capers, who employs a 3-4 defense.

The Raiders run a base 4-3 defense that rarely blitzes and relies on a four-man rush and man coverage in the secondary. Free safety Michael Huff said he blitzed "maybe twice" last season as a strong safety.

The Raiders ran several linebacker blitzes in the preseason and sent them regularly at quarterback JaMarcus Russell during training camp. They might add blitzes yet, but no one sounds terribly expectant.

"We just don't do that," Huff said.

Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall echoed that, and he has been with the team only five months.

"That's not the way this defense is," Hall said. "We're a four-man-pressure kind of defense."

Hall hurting: Hall said he slightly hyperextended his elbow during Monday's game, adding injury to insult after a rough Raiders debut.

"I might have slipped and just put my hand down wrong," Hall said.

He did not practice Wednesday, per the advice of the training staff. Kiffin expects him to play Sunday at Kansas City.

Wow... Al and Davis need to go. It's not Kiffin's fault we were getting hit like that. I am beginning to see how Al is ruining this team.

fuck I've been telling you this since Brooks days n O-Town! you were one of the last to actual believe it though

ras, sol1, 3vid3nc3, they all came to terms and agree as well a long time ago.