OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2008 SEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
who we'll be playing next season:

at home; San Diego Chargers, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins, Philadelphia Eagles, Cincinnati Bengals, New York Jets and Baltimore Ravens.

away; Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston and Cleveland Browns.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
good job on beating both the seahawks and the rams twice and also getting to play the lions. the same team that went 0-16. that's 5 guaranteed wins right there. raiders would have made the playoffs with a schedule like that.
i'm sorry buddie we didn't beat the seahawks twice, and i wasn't trying to clown and we playd the lions on week 3 so it was still earily in the season!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
not trying to make excuses... but the Niners did have a couple more games against garbage teams

Seattle twice... St. Louis twice... and Detroit

I know you guys only beat Seattle once... but that's still 4 outta your 7 wins against teams with 4 or less wins

the Raiders have one win against a garbage ass team... KC

the Niners do have a better record... and I'll give you guys props... but let's be honest... if we had a couple more garbage teams on our schedule we would probably have a couple more wins

4 of our 5 wins were against .500 or better teams... 3 of them teams in the playoff hunt down to week 17

the niners beat 2 teams .500 or above... and only one team in the playoff hunt

I'm not saying it's guaranteed we would have a better record with the same schedule

I'm just saying to act like the Niners are waaay dope than the Raiders because they had 2 more wins against weak teams isn't saying much

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
yeah the garbage ass rams beat the Redskins and Cowgirls.

Anyways this argument always comes up, the "9ers have the weaker schedule". Well looking at the schedule at the beginning of the season the 9ers had the tougher schedule.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
yeah the garbage ass rams beat the Redskins and Cowgirls.

Anyways this argument always comes up, the "9ers have the weaker schedule". Well looking at the schedule at the beginning of the season the 9ers had the tougher schedule.
don't try to act like the Rams are a good team... they had what... 2 wins?

I'm just sayin... look at who you beat... and look at who we beat...

not saying it means we're better... shit... the niners had a better record... so I'll say you guys are better... but it's not much to brag about

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
lol meta i said that on the 13th, way before the bucs game
oh... shit I didn't even hear about until I watched the game... lol

at first I just heard em saying their thoughts and best wishes go out to Al Davis... I thought maybe he was gonna die... lol

then they said he fell

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Well as far as coaches go..........I dont think Martz is staying in Frisco......I say give him the H.C. job and we have instant offense........Rob Ryan is in the last year of his contract......so we should go out and find a Hard nosed defensive coordinator like dick lebeau........To bad Kiffins gone, cause if he had his way.....his pops would have been with us next year.....thanks alot al......

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
If you want to analyze the matchups:

Raiders 16 Jets 13 +3 W
Saints 34 Raiders 3 -31 L
Raiders 15 Dolphins 17 -2 L
Patriots 49 Raiders 26 -23 L
Bills 24 Raiders 23 -1 L

49ers 24 Jets 14 +10 W
Saints 31 49ers 17 -14 L
Dolphins 14 49ers 9 -5 L
Patriots 30 49ers 21 -9 L
49ers 10 Bills 3 +7 W

9ers almost won against the Dolphins without Gore.
But yeah, both teams still need a lot of players at key positions.