Official GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2008-09 Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
LMAO...get real. This team is no where close to getting to the finals, and they probally won't be as long as jackson is here...
There's a couple of ways that point could be taken:

1) Jackson is hindering the Warriors progression

2) No matter how long Jackson is with the Warriors they're just not going to be a Finals caliber squad. That's not specifically Jackson's fault though.

Which way did you mean?

Apr 25, 2002
There's a couple of ways that point could be taken:

1) Jackson is hindering the Warriors progression

2) No matter how long Jackson is with the Warriors they're just not going to be a Finals caliber squad. That's not specifically Jackson's fault though.

Which way did you mean?
More of #2...what Im saying is by the time the Warriors have a team ready for contention(if ever), Jackson's contract will be up and he likely won't be resigned for what he wants. Given how young the team is, it will be atliest another 2-3 before this team is a playoff contender. If they were a contender right now Id want him to stay. Another thing is he's played his best ball under Don Nelson, and anyone who knows basketball knows Nellie ball isn't gonna win a championship.

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
Why? Refer to my last post about Portland.
thats Portland. we are talking about the Warriors here...

this young Warrior team NEEDS somebody with experience playing with them.

TAKEN FROM WARRIORS BLOG (10/09/08):
Stephen Jackson stood out at today's scrimmage for a variety of reasons. First, Coach Nelson continued to experiment with playing him at the point guard spot. Doing this only seems to bring out Jackson's natural leadership qualities even more. Jackson made several nice drives and dishes and was noticeably pumped up during the entire scrimmage. At one point, he drove through three defenders but missed the layup and was very upset with himself. Jackson's intensity and leadership only made his teammates focus and get after it even more, which is why he was a natural choice to be a captain again this year.

Apr 25, 2002
thats Portland. we are talking about the Warriors here...

this young Warrior team NEEDS somebody with experience playing with them.

TAKEN FROM WARRIORS BLOG (10/09/08):
Stephen Jackson stood out at today's scrimmage for a variety of reasons. First, Coach Nelson continued to experiment with playing him at the point guard spot. Doing this only seems to bring out Jackson's natural leadership qualities even more. Jackson made several nice drives and dishes and was noticeably pumped up during the entire scrimmage. At one point, he drove through three defenders but missed the layup and was very upset with himself. Jackson's intensity and leadership only made his teammates focus and get after it even more, which is why he was a natural choice to be a captain again this year.
If he focuses his energy on making his teammates better rather than worrying about a contract extension Im all for it..either way I think he should be traded, if not during the season then next offseason. Im cool with seeing how the season starts to play out before we ship him somewhere else though...Harrington on the other hand should be traded sooner rather than later. The #1 priority this season should be to play the young players as much as possible.

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
If he focuses his energy on making his teammates better rather than worrying about a contract extension Im all for it..either way I think he should be traded, if not during the season then next offseason. Im cool with seeing how the season starts to play out before we ship him somewhere else though...
Yeah now youre starting to make more sense. Its only the pre-season and its too early to say "JACKSON SHOULD GET TRADED". Right now Jackson is showing that he is taking his role as team captain very seriously. Since their FIRST practice Jackson knew how important his role is and now he is being recognized (by the coaching staff) for his dedication and effort to help this team get better.

like Rich mentioned, who doesnt worry about contract extensions? wanting an extension just shows he wants to play for the Warriors and that he is happy here. The Warrior staff know how important he is and by giving him an extension will show that he is wanted here. I personally think Jackson deserves to have his contract extended and I think it will encourage him even more as a team captain.

Check out this video interview of Stephen Jackson from their first practice....

CLICK HERE: STEPHEN JACKSON VIDEO INTERVIEW

Jan 18, 2006
hes not in the long term plans. if he plays 2 more seasons after this season then theres no way he will get resigned unless he takes a significant pay cut. I dont know what to think about Jackson, he shoots way to many 3's and tries to drive to the hole to much and only makes his jump shots about half the time at best. I say its time to figure out whos most clutch and who is consistent. I will say one thing he plays good defense and thats what the W's need more of.

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
doesn't really matter to me. Nelson HAS to play point. kinda hard transition from playing the 3 and 4 spot at Duke and not a good look when your only 6'2". even tho Dickau is not as athletic than DNelson, he's got NBA experience and can play a lil....toss up !! give it to the TMurhpy clone in Kurz ha....

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
If he focuses his energy on making his teammates better rather than worrying about a contract extension Im all for it..either way I think he should be traded, if not during the season then next offseason. Im cool with seeing how the season starts to play out before we ship him somewhere else though...Harrington on the other hand should be traded sooner rather than later. The #1 priority this season should be to play the young players as much as possible.
Godfuckingdammit ur an idiot. What the fuck do u know about Stephen Jackson making his teammates better? Oh i forgot, ur a Raiders fan, no wonder u have no idea what ur talking about. Just because its SJax (who for someone reason gets no love by anyone in the league) and hes a little older, he cant ask for an extension? Everyone else on the warriors getting payed, but he cant? He performs, but if he slips at all you wanna place the blame on him.

Besides all that, there have been numerous players on EACH previous team who have actually gone out of their way to say hes the BEST teammate theyve ever had. Sarunas Jaskivecius while ripping the Pacers organization, mentioned that Jax was the one of the few good reasons about playing on that team. Hell, even Tim Duncan said hes the best teammates hes had, and Jax's days were limited there.

Point blank period, hes the captain and hes a leader, and is PERFECT for the players the Warriors have now. I just dont get it, i mean, hes not Baron, but nobody will ever be.

Apr 25, 2002
What the fuck do u know about Stephen Jackson making his teammates better?
I know when he has his mind focused on it he can be a great team player and easily make his teammates better. I also know when he loses focus he can hurt the team more than help them

Oh i forgot, ur a Raiders fan, no wonder u have no idea what ur talking about.
What does me being a Raider fan have to do with anything, get that ignorant shit outa here. You sound like a cry baby bitch.

Just because its SJax (who for someone reason gets no love by anyone in the league) and hes a little older, he cant ask for an extension? Everyone else on the warriors getting payed, but he cant? He performs, but if he slips at all you wanna place the blame on him.
Only players getting paid on the Warriors this offseason that deserved it were Monta and Beidrins...fuck Maggette, just cuz they signed him to a ridiculous deal doesn't mean they should do the same with Jackson, even though I like Jackson better. BTW where am I placing any blame on him, if you read my posts Im giving him his due props.

Thats great his teammates love him and all, he just needs to worry about playing good basketball rather than a contract extension right now...its stupid as fuck to be complaining when you still got 2 years left on your deal..if you want an extension go out and prove it this season and then talk rather than right before the season starts.

Im sorry I hurt your feelings...your tissue are in the mail

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ you know that will never happen. I just hope we dont get dominated on the boards that we have these past 2 seasons.

Jun 23, 2002
You guys know that ticketmaster is giving away free tickets to the warriors preseason game against that lithuanian team next tuesday (10/21) right?? u just have to pay the service charge/taxes. i got 2 tix from ticketmaster for 8 bucks. u have to type in the offer code: WARRIORS.