Official GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2008-09 Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
lol, why did you bring me into this? I support the team winning, I can care less about fan favorites. Jackson had a career year last year, so his value isnt getting any higher. I believe in getting rid of players a year too early than too late.
LOL

It wasn't anything negative...I was alluding to the bandwagon fans, which I don't suspect you are.

:cool:

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I bought a Dampier jersey when he averaged a double-double that year. I'm far from bandwagon, lol
Re-read my post, and if you're still going to cry, I'll delete it.

LOL!

Nah, but seriously...you think the W's are EVER going to get a REAL big man? I mean...Turiaf isn't the answer, obviously...he's a good player, but think about him vs. Duncan, Bynam, Gasol, Oden, Aldridge, Stoudamire, Boozer, etc...and that's just part of the West.

Apr 25, 2002
hell nah they shouldnt get rid of jackson, unless he wants a huge deal...
Golden State swingman Stephen Jackson is waiting his turn in line for a big contract like the ones a number of his teammates received this offseason, according to The Contra Costa Times.

Jackson, 30, has two years and $14.89 million left on his contract, with $7.14 million of that total coming this season.

Jackson was slated to be the second-highest paid player on the team this season, to Al Harrington, but that was before the Warriors gave extensions to Monta Ellis (six years, $66 million), Andris Biedrins (six years, $54 million) and signed Corey Maggette (five years, $50 million).

"It's something I always think about," Jackson said recently. "It's definitely something that has to be addressed because of what I do for this team and what I've done since I've been here, bringing this team from one of the bottom teams in the league to a playoff team, to a team that won 49 games. It's not what I want, it's what I deserve...I won't be comfortable going into this season knowing I have to play this whole season being the fifth highest-paid and not get an extension. I would not be happy."

Jackson can't receive a pay increase midcontract, due to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, but he is up for an extension.

"I feel real confident that I will have it soon," he said. "I will get something done soon, before the season starts.

"So in the position I'm in now, being the (sixth)-highest paid player, I feel like from the conversations I've had with the team that it won't be like that once the season starts."
Jackson is not part of the future and theres no reason to give him a big contract extension.

Apr 25, 2002
I don't see the positive in the Warriors trading Jackson; he's a very good player, but they won't get anything special in return.
Positives: More playing time for the young guys, one less contract distraction to worry about, one less player jacking up retarted shots, we get something in return for him instead of nothing and his value will probally drop this year so right now is the time to trade him.

Negatives: We lose a vet, clutch player, good defender and decent play maker

Apr 25, 2002
I like jackson too but not for a high price, and its gauranteed he will expect alot of money after the contracts Andris and Monta signed.

Nov 5, 2004
Jackson brings leadership & confidence to a team that sorely needs it, esp. w/ Baron gone.

U lose him, the vast majority of the team will be deer stuck in headlights.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
if he is 30 now, and we have him wrapped until he is 32. no need. keep him this year and trade him next year. move forward. that would bring our teams age to under 23 on the average and we are the youngest already.

Apr 25, 2002
Jackson brings leadership & confidence to a team that sorely needs it, esp. w/ Baron gone.

U lose him, the vast majority of the team will be deer stuck in headlights.
Does it really matter though? I dont see the team making the playoffs with or without him. I'd rather see the young guys play more.

Feb 17, 2005
I was saying they should have got rid of Baron after they made the playoffs. And now Baron left and they got nothing. So there is something to be said for getting rid of people while we can still get something for them, but I would hate to see Jack go even though he turns it over a lot and whines to the officials a lot.

Aug 7, 2003
Read the article I posted stupid fuck
yeah i read that article like a month ago when it was published. and your still stupid as fuck. we need veteran leadership on this team of youngsters. and no jackson isnt going to get a max contract deal but what he wants from the warriors and deserves and i hope he gets is a 4 year guarenteed contract from the warriors with a palyer option on the 5th year. its not going to be big money or even as much as maggette or ellis but itll need to be something like 4 yrs/40 mill. which seems like a lot, but he also does a lot for the team. if we traded al or jackson right now we would be defentily playing for the #1 pick this season, when there is no clear cut #1 prospect. do your homework first you fuckin cock suckin radier fan. i feel bad being a warrior fan with a person like you rooting for the same team.

Apr 25, 2002
i hope he gets is a 4 year guarenteed contract from the warriors with a palyer option on the 5th year. its not going to be big money or even as much as maggette or ellis but itll need to be something like 4 yrs/40 mill. which seems like a lot, but he also does a lot for the team.
4 yrs/10 mill. for a player that is aging, wont get better and isn't a great leader in the first place? get the fuck outa here and fuck veteran leadership...what veteran leaders did Portland have last season? Raef Lafrentz? Darius Miles? LOL

Once again you're a fuckin idiot and you're tellin me to do my homework?...You're the dumbest Warrior fan on this forum..eat a dick you tranny

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
Jackson is a big part of this team and he deserves to have an extension. Lets not forget that he was one of the reasons why the Warriors made it to the playoffs back in 2007. Notice last season the team lost 6 games straight until Jackson came back. With Warriors being the youngest team in the league...they NEED a veteran player to look up to.

Apr 25, 2002
Jackson is a big part of this team and he deserves to have an extension. Lets not forget that he was one of the reasons why the Warriors made it to the playoffs back in 2007. Notice last season the team lost 6 games straight until Jackson came back.
The past is the past..Im more concerned about the future and I dont see Jackson being a part of it.

With Warriors being the youngest team in the league...they NEED a veteran player to look up to.
Why? Refer to my last post about Portland.

Aug 7, 2003
The past is the past..Im more concerned about the future and I dont see Jackson being a part of it.
again your a fuckin ass clown. what do nba championship teams all have? experience and multi talented players. sjax can be our james posey if we ever get to the finals. fuck monta is 22 now so why include him in the future too? fuck it, wipe the whole team and only draft players 19 years old. your soooooooooooooooooooooooooo fuckin stupid its not even funny. do us all a favor and stay out this thread this is for grown folks who know bball. its not nba live where you can just get rid of players cus you think they are over the hill.

Apr 25, 2002
what do nba championship teams all have? experience and multi talented players. sjax can be our james posey if we ever get to the finals.
LMAO...get real. This team is no where close to getting to the finals, and they probally won't be aslong as jackson is here. If we were even a playoff team right now Id say we should keep him but we are not. You're making yourself look more ignorant with every post. Get the tampon out of your twat.