Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
A FB is pretty much guaranteed for next year, i hope we go after leonard weaver. No way we get 3 draft picks, unless they are late rounders, and that wouldnt be worth it
i would love it if weaver join the niners

The running back position is the easiest position to fix. Look at a few of the rookie RBs this year. Slaton, Forte, Johnson, Stewart.....they all made a huge splash.

I'm all for trading Gore for draft picks.
this was a good draft for RB's! who says next year will be the same?

Jun 18, 2005
U GUY$ REMEMBER THAT TD RUN HEAR$T DID AGAIN$T THE JET$ TO WIN THE GAME?? LOOK @ THE LINEMEN #74 HOW HE $TAYED AND PA$$ED HIM 2 BLOCK! WE NEED LINEMEN WHO CAN BLOCK & HAVE $PEED LIKE THAT!

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Hirsute tribute: 49ers growing mustaches
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3789504&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

In a tribute to the facial fuzz that was, members of the San Francisco 49ers are growing mustaches for Sunday's season finale against the Washington Redskins.

The Niners will be wearing their throwback uniforms on Sunday, and members of the team have been inspired by photos of the team's greats -- many of them sporting facial hair -- displayed at the team's facility in Santa Clara, Calif.

The offensive line initiated the effort, and quarterback Shaun Hill has joined in.

"Today is Mustache Monday," Hill said of the effort, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "It's for the throwback game. Every day we go to meetings and we go by these beautiful pictures and we admire these guys' mustaches."

According to the report, the team's facial hair gallery of greatness includes Kevin Fagan, Mel Phillips, Roger Craig, Ray Wersching, Keith Fahnhorst, Jerry Rice, Jimmy Johnson, the late John Ayers and Randy Cross.

"Every single day that we walk through here, you just can't help but admire John Ayers' mustache. It's awesome," Hill said, according to the report.

Hill's mustache, however, is not yet up to those lofty standards. "I started four weeks ago. How bad is that?" he said, according to the Chronicle.

In other 49ers news, running back Frank Gore plans to return to practice this week with hopes on playing in Sunday's season finale. Gore is just 22 yards shy of becoming the first running back in 49ers history with three straight 1,000-yard seasons.

Apr 5, 2005
^^^The throwback uni's are bad ass.

OK. I'm glad Nolan got the fuckin boot! Just looking back at our 2008 draft pisses me the fuck off. He wasted a 1st round pick on Kentwan Balmer. What a fuckin joke. The entire 2008 draft was a huge joke. Josh Morgan has promise tho.

Jun 18, 2005
U REALLY THINK KENTWAN BALMER I$ A BU$T "ALL 4 THE BAY"? I DUNNO I THINK HE $TILL NEED$ TO FIND HIM$ELF IN THE DEFEN$E, HE'$ 4TILL YOUNG AND IF THE NINER$ $IGN A TOP DT I THINK HE CAN LEARN & GET BETTER!

SDP

Nov 11, 2003
Just looking back at our 2008 draft pisses me the fuck off. He wasted a 1st round pick on Kentwan Balmer. What a fuckin joke. The entire 2008 draft was a huge joke. Josh Morgan has promise tho.
No ones perfect in any draft year after year.. give Nolan his credit... He did bring us Patrick Fuckin Willis! and Gore....

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Singletary wows team officials in meeting; wanted for 2009
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/018091.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog and Q&A
It's not official yet. But it's getting pretty darn close. Barring some unforeseen event, Mike Singletary will be the 49ers head coach in 2009, perhaps as soon as the Monday after the team's finale against the Redskins, according to a source close to the situation. When team officials, including owner Jed York, made Singletary the 49ers' interim coach in late October, they told him that the team would have to show progress in order for him to keep his job. They have done just that, going 4-4 under Singletary. But Singletary sealed the deal - or came tantalizingly close to doing so - on Monday when he met with team officials and laid out his plan for the future, including both offense and defense. Singletary's vision had been the one remaining question in the minds of team officials.

Under Singletary, defensive coordinator Greg Manusky would be retained. Offensive coordinator Mike Martz, however, would not. With Martz directing the offense, the 49ers have climbed from dead last in the league in total offense to 24th this season. But Martz's pass-first mentality, on display in recent games against Miami and St. Louis, clashes with Singletary's ball-control philosophy. It also seems to be at odds with the type of players the 49ers have drafted on offense in recent years. Singletary not only discussed his offensive philosophy in the Monday meeting, he cited several candidates to take over at offensive coordinator next season. Those names are not yet known, although they are believed to include both current head coaches and assistants. The 49ers' biggest concern is for offensive continuity over the next several seasons.

The 49ers are prevented from signing Singletary to an extension during the season. However, they are prepared to move quickly as soon as Sunday's game against the Redskins is over. About the only thing that could prevent Singletary's hiring at this point would be if there were a string of firings around the league and Singletary became a hot candidate. The 49ers apparently are prepared to move quickly to prevent that.

yea i say keep martz just tell him to tone it down a bit, throw the DC in the garbage cuz thats how we been losin games is with the secondary. we need a better line a explosive WR that i been askin for 4 the last 2 yrs, a big DT (haynesworth type) and a fullback like William Floyd....any real niner fan remember him he was more of a sav that rathman

Dec 12, 2006
Yea I dont like losen another O cordinator, but to call Balmer a bust already is pretty stupid to me. D or O line, we need to make that our base Shaun Hill can win us the West for sure.

I think he needs a chance under Sing, even though its still martz, its not nolan controlling the game anymore..

1 more year him and Hill to battle it out
co-sign
they should still draft a QB 1st or 2nd Round, or unless they can get a steal
and i saw 3rd fourth round for a QB or get a free agent