Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Linehan was the Coach of the Rams who got fired this year, and replaced with Jim Haslett. Linehan is considered a great OC, but a terrible HC, kinda like Norv and Martz

Feb 23, 2004
come on broncos!!! fuck martz!! we need norv back.fire his ass so he can finally realize he cant be a good HC only OC..lol plus we wont hear any more alex smith is bust..bs

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Martz actually made good adjustments at the half today, just like the last 5 or 6 games or so. I think he's a great offensive coordinator. Anyways, Singletary has just been announced as the head coach of the 49ers for the next 4 seasons.

Apr 13, 2006
Interim no more: Singletary staying as 49ers' head coach

NFL.com Wire Reports

The San Francisco 49ers announced Sunday that Mike Singletary has been hired as the team's new head coach.

Singletary was named interim head coach on Oct. 21 after Mike Nolan was fired.
San Francisco 49ers
» Video | Schedule | Stats
» Roster | Depth chart | Transactions
» Official team site: sf49ers.com

"Mike Singletary's leadership ability has galvanized the players and coaching staff to deliver improved results on the field," 49ers general manager Scot McCloughan said in a statement released by the team. "By turning the second half of the season around, he has accomplished what few interim head coaches have been able to do. After discussions with ownership, we agree that Mike has earned the head coach position. I look forward to working with Mike to continue to build on the momentum he has created as we prepare for the 2009 season."

Under Singletary, the 49ers were 5-4, including a 27-24 season-ending victory over the Washington Redskins on Sunday. San Francisco ended the season 7-9 and out of playoff contention.

Singletary originally joined the 49ers as assistant head coach in 2005 after two seasons as the Baltimore Ravens' linebackers coach.

Singletary was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1998 after an 11-year career as a linebacker for the Chicago Bears.

Dec 4, 2006
Great news and a great move by the 49ers to sign him as a head coach, I guarantee you that the 49ers will be going somewhere in the next 4 years (super bowl bound)

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I think the most important thing with Singletary is, that with the response and praise he's gotten from the players, its only going to help with bringing free agents into San Francisco.
I agree 1000%

Singletary is a Hall Of Fame and highly respected player and now Head Coach in the NFL, I think we will make playoffs next year

btw, Niners pick 10th in this years draft

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Justin Smith also proved to be a great pickup in free agency,

73 tackles, 3 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 INT and 7 sacks!!!

Oct 18, 2008
I agree 1000%

Singletary is a Hall Of Fame and highly respected player and now Head Coach in the NFL, I think we will make playoffs next year

btw, Niners pick 10th in this years draft
True they can be a good team next year.......
but they need to draft a qb they wont make to the sb with hill or any other qb on the roster