Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
1 mock draft says.......

# San Francisco 49ers: Taylor Mays, S, USC
San Francisco's line can't pass block to save its life. But if the top tackles are off the board, they may look at Taylor Mays.

Mark Roman, whose contract expires after the 2009 season, has been awful this year. Perhaps more disappointing is that second-year Dashon Goldson hasn't been able to leapfrog him on the depth chart. Taylor Mays, whose combine workout will cement him as a top-10 prospect, would be a tremendous upgrade for the 49ers.

Dec 9, 2005
I'm sure you guys saw the stat during the game, but during the last 6 games...our defense was rated #4 in points allowed, and one of the top defenses overall throughout that time frame.

Singletary, thank you.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I'm sure you guys saw the stat during the game, but during the last 6 games...our defense was rated #4 in points allowed, and one of the top defenses overall throughout that time frame.

Singletary, thank you.
thats pretty big....

11/23 @Cowboys
11/30 @Bills
12/7 Jets W
12/14 @Dolphins
12/21 @Rams
12/28 Redskins

seeing as thats 4 teams that were in playoff hunt til 2 weeks ago and are over .500

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
I think the most important thing with Singletary is, that with the response and praise he's gotten from the players, its only going to help with bringing free agents into San Francisco.
^^^co-sign

Justin Smith also proved to be a great pickup in free agency,

73 tackles, 3 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 INT and 7 sacks!!!

smith was a good pick up

True they can be a good team next year.......
but they need to draft a qb they wont make to the sb with hill or any other qb on the roster
i think smith, if he gets a grasp of the offense can go a long way, regardless of what you guys say

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
i aint gonna lie, i hope the niners address the other middle linebacker spot. the free safety spot, the qb, and another running back to go with gore. this years free agent list is deep as fuck!

just think if the niners sign ray lewis!!!!!!! this off season is gonna be off the hook!

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
If the Niners got Ray lewis, he would be a slight upgrade over Spikes, takeo played pretty damn well, id rather get suggs than lewis, but imagine if we got both lol

Jun 18, 2005
WELL IF THE NINER$ GONNA KEEP GOING ALONG WITH THE 3-4 'D' THEY NEED A HUGE PRE$CEN$E IN THE MIDDLE IN DT! THEY NEED 2 GET A RODGER$ TYPE OF PLAYER TO FREE UP $MITH AND THE OTHER DEFEN$IVE END$! YA DIGG!

Feb 12, 2004
Fuck I lost the link but there was this really good article about how next season Singletary will have the defense going after more quarterbacks. He was not pleased with the amount of sacks they have and is planning to blitz way more.

Nov 26, 2007
Fuck I lost the link but there was this really good article about how next season Singletary will have the defense going after more quarterbacks. He was not pleased with the amount of sacks they have and is planning to blitz way more.
That is GREAT FUCKING NEWS if true...i wouldn't be mad if we took Malcom Jenkins or if he's still there, Brian Arakpo.