Mac Dre Hologram at Coachella?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 12, 2002
So if they can't tell you a song, do you choose the Mac Dre song or do you tell them to get the fuck out?
I'll play whatever song they asked for initially. I like music from all his different eras, plus his Thizz shit can get the dancefloor poppin' if dropped at the right time. It just annoys me how a lot of people act like Mac Dre super fans and they can't name an album or song from an entire decade where he was putting out great music.

Apr 25, 2002
How can y'all get upset at folks who don't know Mac Dre songs before 2000? People are STILL discovering TECH N9NE and I've been listening to him since 97. That's not fair to judge folks on that. I'm a Mac Dre fan and the 1st song I remember hearing him on is off that WESTSIDE RIDERS VOL. 1 compilation: "The Bomb". He was locked up folks while he was still local/regional and right before THE CLICK & MAC MALL blew up on a major scale. He came out of prison and had to reinvent his style and it took about 4-6 years before he really caught peoples attention outside of Northern Cali and he did it with no radio/video play.Before 2000 access to music then isn't how it is now. I don't give a sh*t if someone got into him after he died. At least his music impacted them in some way where they wanna hear it played for the masses in a club.

Last edited:
i aint talkin bout no legacy. im talkin strictly on a level of mainstream america. he's on a level no one ever touched. thats all there is to it. he dont have exposure cus he signed to a major. you have no idea how it works. many people have/will/are signed to a major and it doesnt equal exposure. signing to a major dont mean you are granted exposure, dont mean you will make money, dont even mean they will put the money in to market you.
bigger right now maybe but baloons pop or fart their air out

May 9, 2002
I'm just stating facts I'm not a hater. if this guys on top of the world i deserve a platinum plaque rit now. he's a decent mc but the hustle does not equal the shine in my eyes. I hustled harder than him. i know this. I gaurentee it. Yall been seeing me for years. The whole bay knows who I am. Money and connections can get you from point a to point b faster but real recognize real. I know when someone worked for it because we have been in similar circles. Like I said i used to rap with his boy. I respect he didn't quit thats his biggest victory and for that I applaud him. But he wasn't hustling like me. I've never seen him and like I said i've seen almost everybody out here. I've never heard of him doing 1 show, 1 open mic. Shooting one music video in berkeley Ever. Until the record deal. He got on in a roundabout way by going to new orleans and someone putting him on at that college. I should have that deal. If he's bringing out mac dre I should be bringing out the whole west because I've actually did shit on my own without a deal. Getting a deal through connections, thats cool and all but I don't consider that to be "bigger" than someone who gave his life to hip hop like a Jacka. Or C Bo who had one of the most successful independent record labels on the west coast. I dont care if you have 100 million views on youtube or whatever. It's a different time now. And you have to make a mark differently. I grew up with Colin Tilley who is a video director who has literally billions of views on youtube from his videos, but does that make him bigger than hype williams or director x, hell fuckin no. You gotta put in the work. Same thing with record sales The Cataracs (who I know as well) went triple platinum, had the #1 record in america with fly like a g6 but where are they now? They are not even a group anymore. I learned a lot from going to LA and seeing what success is really like and if its not done right it is not even worth having. Leaving a legacy that's what makes you respected. Coming from the heart and really putting it down for the west makes you respected. Justin beiber is a huge star but in hip hop he is not even on the totem pole. I don't respect celebrity. I respect Heart I respect effort I respect dedication and persistance. Time will tell if he is real or folds under pressure. Even when your on, you still gotta work. It's a lot easier because you have all the outlets but you still have to be dedicated and be working just like you were when you weren't on. I've seen people get the fast fame sell out and be gone in under 5 years. Like 40 say "I've seen em come and watched em go" 40 stayed because of consistancy and dedication.
Lol...you are delusional as fuck.

And you are game goofy. You clearly have no understanding on how the industry works. And you are a terrible rapper to top it all off. #facts

Feb 11, 2006
I'm just stating facts I'm not a hater. if this guys on top of the world i deserve a platinum plaque rit now. he's a decent mc but the hustle does not equal the shine in my eyes. I hustled harder than him. i know this. I gaurentee it. Yall been seeing me for years. The whole bay knows who I am. Money and connections can get you from point a to point b faster but real recognize real. I know when someone worked for it because we have been in similar circles. Like I said i used to rap with his boy. I respect he didn't quit thats his biggest victory and for that I applaud him. But he wasn't hustling like me. I've never seen him and like I said i've seen almost everybody out here. I've never heard of him doing 1 show, 1 open mic. Shooting one music video in berkeley Ever. Until the record deal. He got on in a roundabout way by going to new orleans and someone putting him on at that college. I should have that deal. If he's bringing out mac dre I should be bringing out the whole west because I've actually did shit on my own without a deal. Getting a deal through connections, thats cool and all but I don't consider that to be "bigger" than someone who gave his life to hip hop like a Jacka. Or C Bo who had one of the most successful independent record labels on the west coast. I dont care if you have 100 million views on youtube or whatever. It's a different time now. And you have to make a mark differently. I grew up with Colin Tilley who is a video director who has literally billions of views on youtube from his videos, but does that make him bigger than hype williams or director x, hell fuckin no. You gotta put in the work. Same thing with record sales The Cataracs (who I know as well) went triple platinum, had the #1 record in america with fly like a g6 but where are they now? They are not even a group anymore. I learned a lot from going to LA and seeing what success is really like and if its not done right it is not even worth having. Leaving a legacy that's what makes you respected. Coming from the heart and really putting it down for the west makes you respected. Justin beiber is a huge star but in hip hop he is not even on the totem pole. I don't respect celebrity. I respect Heart I respect effort I respect dedication and persistance. Time will tell if he is real or folds under pressure. Even when your on, you still gotta work. It's a lot easier because you have all the outlets but you still have to be dedicated and be working just like you were when you weren't on. I've seen people get the fast fame sell out and be gone in under 5 years. Like 40 say "I've seen em come and watched em go" 40 stayed because of consistancy and dedication.
Your female right???
Are you upset about female rappers not being given a fair chance?Or just a disgruntled female rap fan?

Apr 25, 2002
bigger right now maybe but baloons pop or fart their air out
damn you wont stop with the negativity on him. you seem to think everything was handed to him and that's why he is doing something big right now. you bring up Jacka but even Jacka had help from C-Bo. you think anybody not from Antioch/Pitsburg wouda bought the first Mob Figaz if it wasn't for Bo? if it was all about connections, JoJo Simmons woulda been something other than a reality show star. you gonna bring the same negativity on Kehlani if she comes up? Nick Cannon helped her a lot.

Feb 8, 2006
you sound bitter
g been touring since 2011
5 years of non stop touring
and all over the radio with thizz and everyone else who matters on his side

Feb 8, 2006
And for your example i say yes colin tilley is way bigger then hype williams now. hype is old news
colin is the go to guy now