Mac Dre Hologram at Coachella?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 19, 2007
Thizz should be on stage cus its a big concert? when does that make sense? and G-Eazy can make money off Dre if Dre's homies do too?

and how would G-Eazy make money off a hologram? he gets paid to perform there. any other act he has as a guest (even people who were on his songs) or any extra expense is on him. he aint gettin paid extra to have a hologram. he'll actually pocket less, if anything at all. and he aint gaining much attention off it. 99% of the coachella attendance dont know who Mac Dre was. even if he dont pocket much cus of expenses, its worth it for the exposure alone. how is that a bad thing for a Mac Dre hologram?
its awkward that an unknown bay rapper would do that if he wasnt affiliated with them,, hes already gaining attention off it and half siccness doesnt even know who he is...

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
its awkward that an unknown bay rapper would do that if he wasnt affiliated with them,, hes already gaining attention off it and half siccness doesnt even know who he is...
he isnt unknown. he's on a level no bay rapper ever touched. i see what your saying about atention on here, but this board is marketed to a narrow range of music. most this board aint heard of nobody, period. and this isnt the first time he's been mentioned on here. the only attention he got from the hologram story is pretty much hip hop media, most who dont know who Mac Dre really is. they just do the story cus its a G-Eazy story. Coachella is far from a hip hop show. id does more for Mac Dre's legacy than for G-Eazy.

TaTa

Sicc OG
May 22, 2006
Mac Dre is the greatest of all time period. That is my opinion. You don't have to agree.

I just feel it is a huge injustice to the world to forget Mac Dre's music.

He was on a completely different level than all other rappers. He was a master of his craft.

Till this day, I have yet to fulfill that missing space Mac Dre left in me. His music was a blessing to us ghetto kids and know adults as we grew up to his music. I am so proud of to be from the Bay Area and to have had such a great musician like Mac Dre come up out of the same area.

_A1_

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2014
Mac Dre is the greatest of all time period. That is my opinion. You don't have to agree.

I just feel it is a huge injustice to the world to forget Mac Dre's music.

He was on a completely different level than all other rappers. He was a master of his craft.

Till this day, I have yet to fulfill that missing space Mac Dre left in me. His music was a blessing to us ghetto kids and know adults as we grew up to his music. I am so proud of to be from the Bay Area and to have had such a great musician like Mac Dre come up out of the same area.
I feel you 100%. He is the greatest of all-time for me too. His music can always put me in a good mood and cracks me up, he was funny as fuck and real as fuck at the same time. That is tough to replicate.

Jul 12, 2002
I had a 23 year old chick spend the night, she said she was a Mac Dre fan and didn't even know Too Hard for the Radio.
Whenever somebody requests Mac Dre when I'm dj'ing, I always tell them I'll play whatever Mac Dre songs they want if they can name one Mac Dre song from before the year 2000. Probably happened 20 times over the years and I have yet to have a single person be able to do this. As a Mac Dre fan, it pisses me off that all people know is the Thizz stuff. He was so much more than that.

May 9, 2002
He is not even close to being bigger than any bay rapper ever. You can't take e40's and too shorts legacy out of the picture. He's not even a Jacka or C Bo. He is a guy who is signed to a major label (Rca) so while he has a large amount of exposure *right now* from being signed to a major, that doesn't equal jack shit to compare to the legacy of a too short or e40 or even a Mac Dre (fuck what anybody say). Is a Ja Rule equal to a nas or a jay z? No. Hell fucking no. but at one point (1999 or 2000) he was at the peak of his career and was probably the #1 rapper in the game. But, you have to factor in legacy because thats what makes you great. People still talk about Mac Dre and 2 pac til this day. Do they still talk about the Vanilla Ice's in high regard? Keep things in perspective. Just because your hot right now, doesn't mean your greater than anything to ever come out of the bay. But I wish him luck, just don't sell your soul! I don't respect his success as much as some of you maybe because I was in the circles around him and was grinding at the same time. I did not see that he put in a grind to equal the shine he has now, personally. What I do know is that he moved to new orleans and went to a high class college, and probably had an inside connect. While thats all cool, I know other artists like this (the cataracs). They came from money and had connections. While that can get you in the game, it does not gaurentee sustained success. It's gotta be in your heart and real. People lose their lives over this music. U gotta put your heart into it never sell out! To me he may have sold out, sold his soul or did something unnatural to attain this level of success. But thats just my opinion.
Bruh, G-eazy is waaaay bigger than Bo and Jacka. What is you on????

Maybe people arent understanding what "bigger" means?

Apr 25, 2002
He is not even close to being bigger than any bay rapper ever. You can't take e40's and too shorts legacy out of the picture. He's not even a Jacka or C Bo. He is a guy who is signed to a major label (Rca) so while he has a large amount of exposure *right now* from being signed to a major, that doesn't equal jack shit to compare to the legacy of a too short or e40 or even a Mac Dre (fuck what anybody say). Is a Ja Rule equal to a nas or a jay z? No. Hell fucking no. but at one point (1999 or 2000) he was at the peak of his career and was probably the #1 rapper in the game. But, you have to factor in legacy because thats what makes you great. People still talk about Mac Dre and 2 pac til this day. Do they still talk about the Vanilla Ice's in high regard? Keep things in perspective. Just because your hot right now, doesn't mean your greater than anything to ever come out of the bay. But I wish him luck, just don't sell your soul! I don't respect his success as much as some of you maybe because I was in the circles around him and was grinding at the same time. I did not see that he put in a grind to equal the shine he has now, personally. What I do know is that he moved to new orleans and went to a high class college, and probably had an inside connect. While thats all cool, I know other artists like this (the cataracs). They came from money and had connections. While that can get you in the game, it does not gaurentee sustained success. It's gotta be in your heart and real. People lose their lives over this music. U gotta put your heart into it never sell out! To me he may have sold out, sold his soul or did something unnatural to attain this level of success. But thats just my opinion.

i aint talkin bout no legacy. im talkin strictly on a level of mainstream america. he's on a level no one ever touched. thats all there is to it. he dont have exposure cus he signed to a major. you have no idea how it works. many people have/will/are signed to a major and it doesnt equal exposure. signing to a major dont mean you are granted exposure, dont mean you will make money, dont even mean they will put the money in to market you.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Whenever somebody requests Mac Dre when I'm dj'ing, I always tell them I'll play whatever Mac Dre songs they want if they can name one Mac Dre song from before the year 2000. Probably happened 20 times over the years and I have yet to have a single person be able to do this. As a Mac Dre fan, it pisses me off that all people know is the Thizz stuff. He was so much more than that.
So if they can't tell you a song, do you choose the Mac Dre song or do you tell them to get the fuck out?