Jerry Porter staying...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 17, 2002
www.deebo.com
Tony said:
Come on man... Tim Brown was pretty good. But he wasn't Jerry Rice.
MAN COME ON DONT GIVE RICE THAT MUCH CREDIT HOMIE.TIM BROWN WOULDVE BEEN AS GOOD OR BETTER IF HE WOULDVE HAD A GOOD QUARTERBACK LIKE RICE HAD JOE MONTANA,STEVE YOUNG,ETC.SHIT TIM BROWN DIDNT HAVE A GOOD QB THROWING TO HIM TILL RICH GANNON.HE HAD TO CATCH SHITTY ASS PASSES FROM QUARTERBACK LIKE JAY SCHROEDER,JEFF HOSTETLER,JEFF GEORGE.SEE WHAT I MEAN.HE DESERVES THE SAME CREDIT AS RICE. MAN THESE QUARTERBACKS WOULD THROW IN TRIPLE COVERAGE AND HE WOULD CONVERTE OR THEY WOULD THROW AN UNCATCHABLE PASS AND HE'D FIND A WAY TO CATCH IT.BROWN HAD TO WORK FOR HIS TOUCHDOWNS,RICE REALLY DIDNT HE HAD THE LUXURY OF HAVING ACCURATE QB'S AND GOOD BLOCKING WHICH THE RAIDERS DIDNT HAVE.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Lamberto Quintero said:
^^ WTF do you expect? I don't care who anyone goes for, you always gotta be optimistic going into every year. What's the point of being a fan if you don't believe in your team?
Right on dog!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
I stopped reading a few posts after my last comment in here.. But Tony, you sound like a typical raider fan now. They got people like yourself trying to make it seem like they will be doing big things every single year. Check back on the threads from last year.. Same shit. Shell was supposed to get them on the right path, Brooks was supposed to provide stability and bring his NFL experience to the table, and the raiders were supposed to make the playoffs. Fast forward to now.. Kiffin is supposed to get them on the right path, Russel is supposed to be a dominate rookie QB who is going to tear shit up from the get-go, and the raiders are supposed to make a splash in the AFC. SAME SHIT AS USUAL.

No offense, but you sound a little goofy right now.
I gotta believe in my team. Last year was last year. We gotta move forward. I do believe the Raiders will be serious contenders if Moss comes back and the Raiders draft Russell. That doesn't sound goofy in my opinion. It sounds like a fans who believes in his team.

May 17, 2002
www.deebo.com
PROVE YOUR POINT.HOW CAN U BE SAYING THAT.IS IT NOT TRUE THAT TIM BROWN IF HAD BEEN IN SAN FRAN AND JERRY RICE IN OAKLAND.TIM BROWN WOULDVE HAVE A BETTER CAREER.IS THIS NOT TRUE.THIS IS THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE.AND WHAT MAKES U THINK U KNOW MORE.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
KAH707KALI said:
tony's new favorite team will be where brooks ends up
No it won't. I am a Raider fan. I still like Brooks as a qb but his best days may be behind him now. Time to move on...

I am a Raiders fan so cut the crap.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
BigDeebo, I feel you about Rice having better coaching and Qb's that's true. But it's hard to say that Brown would have been better. Rice ran better routes and had better hands. When Rice came to Oakland (while Tim was there) Rice became the number one option in the Raiders offense at age 40 or some shit. He still put up back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Rice was/is untouchable. Probably the best football player that ever lived.

Mar 16, 2005
Mr Arson said:
marvin harrision will NEVER be second best to rice, what are his play off numbers?

12 gm 45 for 581 3 tds BROWN

14 gm 63 for 860 8 tds CARTER

14 gm 60 for 835 2 td's HARRISON

Well Marvin Kills Brown in post season numbers and is right there with Carter.