Jerry Porter staying...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 4, 2003
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
A new offensive coordinator running the same system! "Haha!"
alotta coaches can run the same system.. doesn't gurantee things will remain the way they where going..

but back to topic..

with JP stayin this can be pushing Moss out.. But then on a recent conference with Kiffen, Kiffen mentioned that he has had talks with Moss and that they are on the same page.. but then again that can be a smokescreen to trade him

Jan 4, 2003
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
It gives you more of a shot to continue building on success when the system is not changed.
you may be right on giving more of a shot, but it aint the same coach so same results aren't a gurantee..

Apr 25, 2002
That's true, but the outcome always depends on players and their ability to perform. The Niners' youngster now have another year under their belts, and I believe they will continue to get better. It may have been easier for them with Norv as their OC, but you never know what the next guy will bring to the table.. Maybe he will turn out to be a great OC. Or maybe he will suck nuts. Who knows. But I highly doubt they will regress.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
All-Time Touchdown Leaders

RK PLAYER AMT
1 Jerry Rice 207
2 Emmitt Smith 175
3 Marcus Allen 144
4 MARSHALL FAULK 136
5 Cris Carter 130
6 Jim Brown 126
7 Walter Payton 125
8 MARVIN HARRISON 122
9 TERRELL OWENS 116

John Riggins 116
11 Lenny Moore 111
LADAINIAN TOMLINSON 111
13 Barry Sanders 109
14 SHAUN ALEXANDER 107
15 Don Hutson 102
16 Tim Brown 101
Steve Largent 101
RANDY MOSS 101

19 Franco Harris 100
CURTIS MARTIN 100

I am the biggest Tim Brown fan you'll ever find, but Chris Carter, TO, and M. Harrison all have more all time TD's than he did. I believe Carter was better, and TO and Marvin will end their career being better. Tim Brown never winning the SB also hurts him when there is talk of all time greatest.

Apr 5, 2003
Lamberto Quintero said:
Oh yeah, and fuck that shit too! #81 has been the best player in Raider History IMO, and to give his number up like that to anyone, especially after he ended his career in tampa, is hella disrespectful. It just isn't right the way they treated this man.
Nah the best player in Raider history wore #32. Get it right.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
backwood_burna_ said:
he was the Raiders version of Rice, if there is such a thing. thats an ignorant ass statement along with them winning the superbowl with russell. they need to draft either adrian peterson or calvin johnson.
What was an ignorant statement? I said Tim Brown was pretty good. But his hands were questionable... I'd take Chris Carter over Tim Brown.

Or were you talking about the statement about the Superbowl? We're not too far away. We have a pretty good defense all we need is a little bit of offense. Russell along with these new coaches should provide that spark.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
ILLER THAN ILL said:
what the hell? you couldn't even beat the 49ers. and the browns. what makes you think you'll win the superbowl?
We were in those games. Any little bit of offense and we would have won. Art Shell was the reason we lost those games. He's gone now. Don't forget... Andrew "statue" Walter was the qb during those games.

Whole new ballgame now.....

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Lamberto Quintero said:
All-Time Touchdown Leaders

RK PLAYER AMT
1 Jerry Rice 207
2 Emmitt Smith 175
3 Marcus Allen 144
4 MARSHALL FAULK 136
5 Cris Carter 130
6 Jim Brown 126
7 Walter Payton 125
8 MARVIN HARRISON 122
9 TERRELL OWENS 116

John Riggins 116
11 Lenny Moore 111
LADAINIAN TOMLINSON 111
13 Barry Sanders 109
14 SHAUN ALEXANDER 107
15 Don Hutson 102
16 Tim Brown 101
Steve Largent 101
RANDY MOSS 101

19 Franco Harris 100
CURTIS MARTIN 100

I am the biggest Tim Brown fan you'll ever find, but Chris Carter, TO, and M. Harrison all have more all time TD's than he did. I believe Carter was better, and TO and Marvin will end their career being better. Tim Brown never winning the SB also hurts him when there is talk of all time greatest.
Right on for keeping it real dog. Don't forget that Chris Carter had a drug problem early in his career... But he was sick and probably had the best hands ever as a receiver. He even had better hands than Rice.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Damn... T.O. has already passed him up? Yeah there were a lot of receivers that were better than Tim Brown. Not taking anything away from him but just look at the list.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Randy Moss to return?

Kiffin, in an interview with ESPN radio Wednesday, hinted that the Moss situation also appeared headed in a positive direction.

"We had a great conversation," Kiffin told ESPN. "I am excited about Randy. Randy said he was excited about being here. We are looking forward to working together."

When Moss left Minnesota to join the Raiders as a free agent in 2005, he gave up his usual No. 84 in deference to Porter, switching to No. 18. He now has an opportunity to reclaim his old number.

The significance of Porter taking Brown's old number was not lost on Brown.

"He wanted to do it the year I left (2003), but it was too soon," Brown said. "I talked to him yesterday, and he feels some people might trip, but it's been four years since I had that jersey on.

"Obviously this is a sign of respect for him to want to change ... so I look for him to do a lot of things different than he's done in the past."

Brown also said he made one thing clear, telling Porter, "I can't stop you from doing it, but you have to understand, if you put that jersey on, people are going to expect certain things."

But the retired Raiders great added: "I think this will be a good change for him. Hopefully, when he thinks about acting like a nut, he'll remember the number, and maybe that will be enough to keep him in line. I don't foresee that happening, though. I think the problem was Art, and now that situation is not there. It's a new beginning for him."