Jerry Porter staying...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Raiders WR Jerry Porter changed his jersey number from 84 to 81. "I am truly honored and excited about changing my number to 81. For me the new number represents a new start, a new beginning and new attitude. I've had multiple meetings with Coach Kiffin and I am very excited about the direction of our team and especially our offense. I can't wait to get started," said Porter.

Jan 4, 2003
http://www.raiders.com/newsroom/newsroomNewsDetail.jsp?id=30103

disrespectful? not at all! Raiders dont retire numbers which is a good thing IMO.. otherwise we'd have too many #s to retire.. I'm sure Tim Brown would honor JP with his #...

time to put last season behind and become our #1 WR.. bye Moss

can you imagine Porter and Calvin Johnson on each side? daaaamn...

or Porter catching bombs from J. Russ?

or Porter blocking a defender while Peterson goes all the way?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
RAS 925 said:
I am liking this one the best. Don't get me wrong I do like Brooks. But he was set up to fail and now the Raiders have a chance at getting a really good, young QB and can't pass the opportunity to draft him. J. Russell is the man. Since Porter is staying I don't see the Raiders drafting Calvin Johnson. That means we would have 3 receivers (Porter, Curry, Johnson) which would be cool but then Kiffin would have to believe in Brooks. I don't see that happening though. Gotta go with J. Russell. His accuracy is off the heezy!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Balut said:
this only confirms that the Raiders will be Super Bowl champs :cool:

how I came to this conclusion is of anyones guess :confused:
They'll win a SuperBowl as long as they draft J. Russell.

Nov 6, 2004
he was the Raiders version of Rice, if there is such a thing. thats an ignorant ass statement along with them winning the superbowl with russell. they need to draft either adrian peterson or calvin johnson.

Aug 9, 2006
maybe 5 years from now they might be in the running....but NO player in this draft will help the raiders to a superbowl NO PLAYER IN THE NFL for that matter.....cmon quit being typical raiders fans guys

Apr 25, 2002
RAS 925 said:
can you imagine Porter and Calvin Johnson on each side? daaaamn...

or Porter blocking a defender while Peterson goes all the way?
Or Porter making that sick ass tackle when the opposing cornerback intercepts the pass intended for him?

Or Porter running a crisp route, while his QB gets sacked?

Or Porter throwing that block while the RB gets stopped at the line of scrimmage because of the horrible play of the O-Line..

Sounds great.

Jun 1, 2002
The Red Sin said:
You could also make the Case for Chris Carter, or Lynn Swan. When it's all said and Done Marvin Harrison, will be the second best to Rice.

MAYBE ONE DAY. AS OF RIGHT NOW:

T BROWN

NO QUESTION.

AND CLIFF BRANCH SHIT ON LYNN SWANN

Nov 6, 2004
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
Or Porter making that sick ass tackle when the opposing cornerback intercepts the pass intended for him?

Or Porter running a crisp route, while his QB gets sacked?

Or Porter throwing that block while the RB gets stopped at the line of scrimmage because of the horrible play of the O-Line..

Sounds great.
fucking cocky ass niner fans. we'll see how ur boy alex does w/ a new offensive coordinator. haha !