Jerry Porter staying...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
LOL.... you're trippin. That means bad news for the AFC West. Last year was last year. New coach, new qb, Porter and Moss back in the mix....

We should draft Russell and then draft a speedy running back in the secound round. We ain't playin'.... Get ready Bronco fan! Oh yeah... remember you or someone said how we don't have enough of cap room? With Brooks' release the Raiders saved over $5 Million in cap space.

We're just clearing room for Russell... Moss may have even changed his mind because he knows that Russell has a gun.

It's on now boy!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
DukeSkywalker said:
johnson is out of the question now. trade the pick!
You're trippin.... the Raiders are drafting a Qb with that pick. They just released Brooks. Gotta clear up money, controversy before it begans, and now Russell's #2 is available.

Mar 16, 2005
hopes are nice to have but reality is the truth!

If the raiders get russell and a rb in the first 2 rounds there is NO hope to shore up the o-line and all hopes of offense will be out the window!

And how do you think a disgrutled moss and porter will take to a rookie coach and qb with the same shitty line?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
thascary1 said:

If the raiders get russell and a rb in the first 2 rounds there is NO hope to shore up the o-line and all hopes of offense will be out the window!

And how do you think a disgrutled moss and porter will take to a rookie coach and qb with the same shitty line?
That's what free agency and the draft is for... not only that, different coaches were brought in to address the offensive line problems. Different play calls will help too. Don't be blinded. The blocking scheme will change, we'll have better play calling, and maybe a free agent or two will come in and help.

May 22, 2003
www.dankmobb.com
thascary1 said:

Wouldn't exactly say that. Better coaching and a free agent or two the line should hold up well with a west coast type offense. Yeah Art Shell and Jack Slater are Hall of Famers, but horrible coaching especially the oline, and the bed and breakfast offense really didn't help them out either.

Mar 16, 2005
P.K. Rippa said:
Wouldn't exactly say that. Better coaching and a free agent or two the line should hold up well with a west coast type offense. Yeah Art Shell and Jack Slater are Hall of Famers, but horrible coaching especially the oline, and the bed and breakfast offense really didn't help them out either.

oh I agree play calling sucked and the change could help...but the team was in disarray way too early and that lead to alot of the problems.

There are no immediate helps for the o-line in free agency and if they pick a qb and say a rb with the first 2 picks there will be no help for the o-line in the draft either.

O-line is one of the spots where you must use an early pick in order to get immediate help.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
P.K. Rippa said:
Thank you!

Apr 5, 2003
Lamberto Quintero said:
Marcus was a beast homie, I'm a little younger so I didn't get to see him play in his prime. They treated him like shit too, letting him retire with the chiefs. I still say T. Brown is the GROAT though.
I was just fuckin around and bein bias cuz he from my city. Tim Brown was coo but I'd take Rice over him anyday. As much as I can't stand those fucks, the Raiders had some talented ass players in their franchise. They still do now but not enough to get anywhere.

Jan 4, 2003
thascary1 said:
moss & porter back????

possibly with a rookie qb and a new coach?????

wow, this spells good news for the AFC WEST
Mr. Jay Cuttler is dam near still a rookie too.. if we draft Russell or Quinn they will mostlikely start right away so they will go into camp as the starting QB

May 22, 2003
www.dankmobb.com
thascary1 said:
oh I agree play calling sucked and the change could help...but the team was in disarray way too early and that lead to alot of the problems.

There are no immediate helps for the o-line in free agency and if they pick a qb and say a rb with the first 2 picks there will be no help for the o-line in the draft either.

O-line is one of the spots where you must use an early pick in order to get immediate help.
If J. Newberry is as healthy as he says he is, he would be a great add to the line. There's more than 2 rounds in the draft. Last year we drafted Kevin Booth in the 5th round and he was the most solid lineman we had.

Sep 26, 2005
he showed no heart for the raiders last season he wanted to be traded bad i dont know about porter i dont really like him he got a shitty attitude in a few years he be like a t.o and the only reason why moss is most likly stayin is cuz if tha raiderz trade him they cant get much for him he gettin older and dropz way to many ballz he really didnt do much lazt season i would like to see porter 1st and moss 2 and russell i dont think quinn can do much his rookie year

Apr 25, 2002
I stopped reading a few posts after my last comment in here.. But Tony, you sound like a typical raider fan now. They got people like yourself trying to make it seem like they will be doing big things every single year. Check back on the threads from last year.. Same shit. Shell was supposed to get them on the right path, Brooks was supposed to provide stability and bring his NFL experience to the table, and the raiders were supposed to make the playoffs. Fast forward to now.. Kiffin is supposed to get them on the right path, Russel is supposed to be a dominate rookie QB who is going to tear shit up from the get-go, and the raiders are supposed to make a splash in the AFC. SAME SHIT AS USUAL.

No offense, but you sound a little goofy right now.