Ironman 2 - Pics, Trailers, Updates, etc

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
No need for insults, fellas...lets keep it civil in here. We dont want to turn this into the Open Forum. Everyone has preferences on what they do and dont like. No one is right or wrong.
Naw, Homie I was just being sarcastic. I joke around alot and I can understand how it may not translate correctly over a post. On the question I asked Cold Blooded, I was serious. And he gave a legitimate reply.

I'm cool like that, Mayne. I'm here to state my opinion, but I also like to keep an open mind where ever I'm at. So I listen to what people got to say and I find I learn someting new everyday. :cool:

Sep 22, 2007
First one was great. The sequel should be just as good if not better. Anybody remember spiderman then spiderman 2? It was that much better and that's exactly how it's going to be with iron man.

Feb 14, 2004
yeah i didn't want to see Iron Man at all. but my step bro suggested that i see it, so he let me borrow his dvd. and i have to say that i was impressed. i liked it. and i plan on seeing the next Iron Man.

Aug 24, 2006
movies gon be dope, ne one got pics of warmachine? i think the fact that terrance howard isnt gon be in this one is gon impact the movie but not that much. he did a great supporting job in teh first one. or at least i thought.

Jan 2, 2004
Most of the time, sequels are better than the first. Spidey 2, x-2, empire, t2, godfather 2, etc... Usually the third film is the film that sucks.. Look at the third film in all of the above for example..

May 9, 2002
Most of the time, sequels are better than the first. Spidey 2, x-2, empire, t2, godfather 2, etc... Usually the third film is the film that sucks.. Look at the third film in all of the above for example..
"Most of the time"? I don't know about all that...that's a rather tiny sample you provided. In my experience, sequels have been shitty.

Jan 2, 2004
Those were just ones I could think of. It seems the first movie does a lot of character development and the like. The second movie builds off that. Then the third movie grows flat and stale. Matrix worked the other way as the sequels took a huge step back.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Jon Favreau premiered a sizzle reel for Iron Man 2 during the film’s Hall H panel. You can read a description of the footage after the jump.

Tony Stark is eating a donut while laying in the hole of the huge donut on the roof of Randy’s Donuts. Samuel L Jackson
as Nick Fury yells up “Sir, I’m gonna have to ask you to exit the donut!”

Cut to: Stark and Fury inside the restaurant eating and chatting. Stark asks if Fury was going to ask him to join his group again, to which Nick responds “I remember, you do everything yourself. How is that working out for you?” Stark asks Fury if he is supossed to look at his working eye or the eye patch.

Cut to: A government court hearing, where Tony is talking with Pepper Potts a few rows behind him. Senator Stern Asks Tony if he posseses a weapon, the iron man
weapon. Stark says that its not a weapon, and that technically it’s a high tech prosthesis.

“Its a weapon Mr Stark!

“If your priority was to protect…”

“Well you can forget it!”

“I am Iron Man, the suit and I am one. You cant have it!”

The Senator calls Rhodey to the stand. Rhodey walks by Stark and tells him he’ll deal with it.

The Senator asks Stark what his point is and Stark responds that his point is “You’re welcome, I’m your nuclear deterrent,” … “I’ve kept the world safe, what more do you want? I tried to play ball with these ass clowns!” The Senator then says “F— You Mr. Stark!”
A montage begins with shots of newspapers and magazines with Stark on the cover.

Voice over in a Russian accent “You come from a family of thieves and butchers…” Shots of Rourke putting together his whiplash suit. A bunch of random shots, including a bunch of girls dancing in front of a display with the American flag, and Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, kicking ass. Rourke arrives at the race car track in his Whiplash suit. He activates it and the wires light up with electricity as he whips them around.

Stark is bloody, in his racing suit, down on the concrete. We see a close-up of Rourke laughing.
Cut to: Iron Man flying through the night air, dodging missiles which explode behind him, as he blasts towards Earth.
The Iron Man 2 logo appears on the screen, along with the music.
Then we get an extra sequence. Rhodey in a air plane hanger. Justin Hammer walks over and asks what this is about and Rhodey says it’s classified. Hammer looks down at a suit, which appears to be Stark’s old Mark II armor.

“Is that what I think it is?” “What can you do for us?” Hammer shows Rhodey a bunch of different weaponry. Rhodey tells Hammer “I think i’ll take it.” “Which one?” “All of it.” Cut to: A shot of War Machine blasting off his guns.

Aug 16, 2003
Im still kind of upset that Terrance Howard isnt in this movie. I like Don but I hate sequals where they change up actors from one movie to another.

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
War Machine Revealed in 'Iron Man 2' Poster

Towards the end of 2008's "Iron Man," James "Rhodey" Rhodes (played by Terrence Howard) looked at the early silver version of Tony Stark's high-tech armor and said to himself, "Next time, baby."

That "next time" is coming on May 7, when "Iron Man 2" hits theaters. And Rhodey will get his wish, donning the heavily-armored metallic suit that turns him into War Machine, a character that has been a part of the "Iron Man" comic books for 30 years. But getting superpowers isn't the only change for the character.

In a much-publicized contract dispute, Terrence Howard was dropped from the sequel and replaced by actor Don Cheadle. While the exact details of why Marvel Studios made the switch, Entertainment Weekly reported that Howard's original contract made him the highest-paid actor in the first film, and when the producers tried to scale back his paycheck for the sequel, Howard's representatives balked. Cheadle told IGN that he was approached for the role after Howard had already left the project, and he only had a few hours to decide if he wanted to step in.

A brief reference to the casting switch was revealed in footage director Jon Favreau screened for fans at this summer's San Diego Comic Con. In an early scene in the movie, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is being questioned by a Senate panel about Iron Man and James Rhodes is called to testify. When Rhodes' face is revealed to be Don Cheadle, he says, "It's me. I'm here. Get over it."

Of course, the moment in the Comic Con presentation that got the biggest reaction from the crowd was the reveal of Rhodey in his full War Machine armor. In the film, Rhodes takes the silver Iron Man suit to Stark's rival, Justin Hammer (played by Sam Rockwell), who outfits it with an array of weapons, including a machine gun turret on the shoulder. The preview ended with a quick shot of War Machine in full attack mode, and the 6,500 fans in attendance burst out in cheers at the sight.

So far, no official footage of War Machine has been released, but the first image of the suit debuted Monday here on Yahoo! Movies. In this teaser poster, the War Machine suit stands behind the updated Mark IV Iron Man armor.

It raises the question: are Stark and Rhodes standing together, back-to-back, in solidarity against a common enemy, or are they in opposition to each other. In the comic books, conflict between the two escalated into a feud, but later they were able to work together as friends. To find out if the two are comrades or combatants, we'll have to wait for "Iron Man 2" to arrive in theaters on May 7.

Poster looks fucking doooooooope.