i must be the only 1 who cant stand eastcoast rap these days

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Last Eastcoast album I bought was Bang Em & Smurf and that's already couple years ago...I dunno. I think I stopped checkin for their shit.

Edit: Also copped Redman's last album...

GXformKY

My Mom Loves Black Dick
Dec 12, 2007
Did you just contradict yourself in one statement?
Na, he's just saying, shits coming out thats good, but they're aren't going to be classic albums

but all yall saying ain't shit happneing anywhere, what about papoose, tech n9ne, playya 1000, sandman, devin the dude, lord infamous, k-rino

o my gawd i could go on for days and days and ever last

what it is, is yall just want something to be played on the radio and not have to look for good rap. Aint nothing wrong with that, its just that aint gonna happen

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
LMFAO! WRONG! the bay area is the place fulla lables who put out garbage ass music
This applies to every region, there is no need to argue over this

Something that is worth discussing IMO is where the scene is most saturated with bullshit mixtape rappers

Apr 8, 2005
i really wanna know what you listen to.
atmosphere, aesop rock, canibus, smiff n wessun, kanye, consequence, talib kweli, etc..

only westcoast acts i follow these days is x raided, del, ras kass, and ap9

northwest i listen to blue scholars, certified, and thats it

south, ummm, lil boosie , jeezy , thats really it.

midwest, tech n9ne, krizz calico, thats it

and im talking albums of got that came out in or post 2005, ive only got like 3 rock albums since then too, music in general is just garbage these days

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
you know who sucks? Jay

*in Jayz voice

"hahaha you crazy for this one B!,

its your boy!, hov in the building, check it,

Im better then you nigga, in every single way(single way),

your pushing your ford, im pushin back May's(you broke nigga!),

anywhere in the world, they fear hov(hahaha)

i wear toe sandals, and im fuckin 48 years old"

im assuming half of his fans are broke as fuck,

how can you relate to what this guy is saying?

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
i grew up on westcoast music luniz e40 lynch 4tay etc......all them muthafuckas spit shit i could understand.....i used to smoke 10 blunts a day bumpin nothin but lynch and mr doctor.......i cant smoke a blunt and listen to papoose or any eastcoast shit al all these days....i tried doin that shit one time listenin to alphabet slaughter......that shit was so fuckin hard for me to comprehend that it blew my high

El D

Sicc OG
Mar 7, 2006
i grew up on westcoast music luniz e40 lynch 4tay etc......all them muthafuckas spit shit i could understand.....i used to smoke 10 blunts a day bumpin nothin but lynch and mr doctor.......i cant smoke a blunt and listen to papoose or any eastcoast shit al all these days....i tried doin that shit one time listenin to alphabet slaughter......that shit was so fuckin hard for me to comprehend that it blew my high
nobody is forcing you to listen to east coast shit

now go back in your hole and shut the fuck up

Apr 8, 2005
lmao @ listening to alphabet slaughter while yur high, stick to westcoast for that, or some screwed and chopped southern shit, or even some doomsday production

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
well you are an icp fan so i take it youve heard their music
Great point. There are exceptions to my preference. I could easily write one of their songs but i enjoy their music.
If it comes down to skill, complexity and technique, they are at the bottom of the barrel.