HYPHY AINT DEAD!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

lopro

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
1. uhh I GOT CHIPS? DOE BOY? STOP SNITCHIN? BRING THE BASE BACK? HOLLA AT YOU? WAKIN EM UP?

2. and as far as beatmaking DON'T TALK SHIT UNLESS YOU'RE ASKIN FOR A BATTLE. You do NOT know what i'm capable of! I know you're good at that shit... but its another thing to tell me to get on your level.
1. my interpretation of hyphy music is music talking about going dumb. thats how i see it. this is how it works for me. if i hear the words "scrape" "go dumb" "hyphy" "retarded" "go stupid" multiple times in a song and its uptempo its hyphy. and annoying. I Got Chips? uptempo but dude isn't talking bout going dumb. doe boy? once again, uptempo but more of a mob song. stop snitchin? not hyphy at all. bring the base back? once again not even close. holla at you? okay that one has a hyphy kind of beat. wakin em up aint even on WCV..

but i understand where ur coming from. hyphy as a music has failed imo but the culture will stay, because i think what your saying is that theres songs that have that feeling where u could just go dumb to it. but like i said as a music its dead.

for example.
http://ns0le.imeem.com/music/JwOnge5x/the_league_dumb_ft_the_pack_diligentz_taj_he_spitz/

the only thing i can feel on hyphy songs is the beats. the energy they have. but i want songs that make sense somewhat. once again the culture will stay.

2. i believe wen i left u that response on ur thread, i put a lol on it implying i was playin but u just gotta be arrogant and defensive about everything. this thread is a prime example.

"i don't like hyphy it's dead."

"man your stupid hyphy's alive!"

this thread isn't even a debate or discussion. its more of "nah im right hyphy's alive and well."

there is ways to get points across without acting like you have the right answer. at least thats what i think.

lopro

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
Nov 5, 2005
Newark, CA
www.djgunjan.com
this is what im trying to get at with the post above. a song can have a hyphy vibe but actually have a concept besides getting retarded.
not gonna argue with that...

but i actually disagree that hyphy is just gettin crazy stupid dumb retarded...

hahahah and i disregarded the "lol" mayn... that day i seriously heard it from WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE and was pretty pissed off... so i apologize for poppin off but i was in a shit mood mayn... not ready to assume u were jokin n shit cuz u know how that feels... when everyone's pissin you off sometimes you end up mad at the wrong dude...

i'm trying not to come off as arrogant but when you're being defensive its hard not to be... i think i'm makin solid points and each one interprets it differently

and as the tone comes off as harsh i feel the shit needs to be said for everyone else comin in here talkin mad shit about certain styles of bay music.

sickens me that we can't just remember GAME RECOGNIZE GAME and give credit where its due. if hyphy was only to go stupid i think that shit woulda died pretty damn quick if it wasn't for dudes like 40 and Fed Gang goin hard.

Federation - Hyphy === how often do they talk about giggin or goin dumb?
Turf Talk - I Got Chips --- just treal spit almost no talk of giggin or ghostridin

hyphy is not defined as just flashiness flamboyance and dancin fast.

i think the definition of what HYPHY is ... is whats more important here.
and that BEING the reason that I state "HYPHY AINT DEAD"

u can even see from some of the shit i say my attitude is a bit hyphy at times... but i mean i don't hold shit back when its not necessary...

The original message here is gettin drowned in a bullshit argument... and this is NOT a thread to proclaim Hyphy is retardedness and needs to die

if you think shit is dead state your reasons... what u think hyphy IS and then expect dudes like me to come at you because I beg to differ and I'm trynna show you my view... not trynna force it down your throat... but as long as you keep puttiing in your rebuttal... and i WILL give CREDIT to your argument where CREDIT IS DUE. once again GAME RECOGNIZE GAME.

but when a song has a HYPHY VIBE

THATS HYPHY =) the lyrics matter less than the vibe you get!
agree or disagree?

Nov 5, 2005
Newark, CA
www.djgunjan.com
and damn straight I DON'T MIND callin it all our BAY SHIT instead of sayin HYPHY

but the vibe of HYPHY will LIVE STRONG WITHIN that BAY SHIT that we put out.

in fact WE SHOULD START CALLING EVERYTHING --- "THAT BAY SHIT"
EVEN BETTER so that dudes makin music will stop conforming to that retarded low quality shit music and make some treal shit and if it happens to make people go dumb SO BE IT... shit I'll be giggin! but let's focus on QUALITY!

unite this place... shiieit... how else we gonna get on the map???

Nov 5, 2005
Newark, CA
www.djgunjan.com
in fact i apologize for all the low quality garbage music dudes be puttin out...

those dudes should be slapped for creatin the stereotype in the first place!

if all these independent start up cats were all about production value, real spit, and puttin out heat shit would be alot diff for the bay!

Nov 5, 2005
Newark, CA
www.djgunjan.com
so it seems to me that everyone's definition of hyphy is different

some have a very specific definition: gig, ghostride, go stupid n dumb, ride the yellow bus, pop pills, etc.

I for example say: go hard, stay on ya grind, get crazy.

i think the dudes with the first definition all say its dead
whereas the dudes with the second definition or a similar definition say its alive

well then i will CONCLUDE that the LABELING needs to STOP and the BULLSHIT MUSIC needs to stop too... sure we don't mind that dummy retarded stuff LONG AS ITS ON POINT!

IF THE QUALITY AINT THERE THO.... SHIT NEEDS TO BE DISSED TRASHED DUSTED N DISPOSED OF

i say for example... if fabby came with something that has the caliber of GO DAMN DUMB or somethin like that and its STILL TOUCHES ON DUMMY RETARDEDNESS N GHOSTRIDIN etc.... i say you can't hate on that! but "MY MYSPACE GO (REMIX)" feat. HAJI SPRINGER?

dudes like that need to be banned from doin this BAY SHIT. WE GOTTA TURN A COLD SHOULDER TO THE GARBAGE INSTEAD OF BRINGING IT FRONT N CENTER! AND IF SOMETHIN SAYS GIG, GET RETARDED ETC... BUT HITS THE BAY LIKE A "THIZZELLE DANCE" or a "GET STUPID" (no offense my dreliens! no one will ever top that shit!) -- that kinda shit i say GAME RECOGNIZE GAME because we all can respect quality music.

DEFINITIONS of HYPHY is whats different here... SO ALL IN ALL...

WE NEED TO BE ABOUT THAT GO HARD, BOSS TYCOON, TREAL SPIT, STAY LIT, AINT QUIT, REP YO CITY, SLAPPIN BAY AREA, NORCAL RUNS CALIFORNIA SHIT

Mar 18, 2007
The Bay Needs to Get Off This HYPHY Shit. Everyone And They Mama's Milked The Shit Out Of It.

Lets Get Back To That Mobb Music And Get Some Of Our Respect Back From The Rest Of The Music Listening Audience.

Mar 6, 2006
HYPHY DIED WHEN MAC DRE DIED CUZ NO OTHER RAPPER COULD HOLD A FUCKN FLAME TO THAT NIGGA NOT EVEN E-40 or any bay rapper for that fact cuz all his shit made me wanna gig and dance but everyone copyied now all the copycats don't know what to do next that's why you don't hear shit anymore

Mar 6, 2006
Everyone that started to rap bout pills purp scrapers goin dumb and stupid AFTER MAC DRE DIED ARE FAKE THEY ARE THE ONES THAT JUMPPPED ON THE BAND WAGON AND BRANDED DAT SHIT A S Hyphy killed it