HYPHY AINT DEAD!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 20, 2007
the problem came when EVERY single song coming out was purp, scraper, thizz, ghost ride. everybody with a myspace and fruity loops was a rapper all of a sudden.

im glad hyphy didn't blow up. i remember going to a L.A. nightclub back in 07 and everyone asking me if i go dumb or get hyphy :beard:

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
its because mac dre did his hyphy shit. HIS. after he passed everyone forgot what they style an delivery was an tried to be like the mac.. downhill after that.

lets get back to pre mac dre raps and let him r.i.p. while still reppin what he was doing

keep the name lit

Oct 28, 2005
Mac Dre was hyphy he started it and when he died he ended it...anything else after that is bitin Dre so fuk 40!! i dont give a fuk what u guys say but 40 is a bitch for hoppin on that hyphy shyt when Dre died usin his lingo and his style..and he especially a bitch cuz he did it after Dre died...so fuk 40 for that shyt all the real Dre fans know what im talking about...1

Oct 28, 2005
HYPHY WAS A GIMMICC THAT ENDED A FEW YEARS AGO....CAN WE JUST LET IT GO AND GET ON SOME NEW SHIT??????
^^ hyphy was a gimmick?? ur a bitch that doesn't know shyt about the bay..ur the type of mufucka that jumps on da hype and when u think its dead u think its dead if that makes sense...Mac Dre started hyphy and he was a real street cat that wasn't about no gimmicks so for u to say that ur spittin on Dres grave u bitch!!!fuk outta here with that shyt!!

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Mac Dre & Keak da Sneak were some of the first rappers that were talkin about hyphy in thier rapz but they didn't invent it because I was in the Bay Area in 1999 visiting some relatives and people was usin the word "HYPHY" bak then, and people was usin that word in the late 90's in the Bay before anybody was rappin about it.

Apr 14, 2009
make music from your heart not because a style is a certain way, thats copying not being original! i rember keak always had the same style, unlike lune coleone & guce they went through puberty or something, and hitman too their old style was off the hook the new style i dont feel, but other people do, much respect!
HITMAN always came from the heart.He never switched his style always been original.

Nov 2, 2002
hoes were all about the hyphy movement. Clubs were bursting at the seams with females once hyphy came out, refer to the clip below for more info