HYPHY AINT DEAD!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Im 24.....and yes, I think hyphy was the best thing to happen to the bay area since Hammer
LOL, u obviously never heard of E-40/The Click,Too Short,Spice 1, RBL Posse, Mob Figaz,IMP/Cougnut,The Luniz,all of them made alot more dope shit than MC Hammer,,,,and that hyphy shit got played the fuck out with everybody rappin the same shit about Goin Dumb,Stunner Shades,Ghost Ride The Whip,Thizz Face,SMH.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Im 24.....and yes, I think hyphy was the best thing to happen to the bay area since Hammer
Meaning you were 10 ( or younger ) when the Bay Area was on top of it's game...when the rest of the world was biting off the true talent out here, when 2pac was collaborating with Bay Artists, directing their videos, doing verses, having them ALL over his "All Eyes On Me" album...not taking anything away from you, but it's a STRONG statement to say 'hyphy was the best thing to happen to the bay area since Hammer'

Hyphy had a small stint...but it didn't hold a candle to the 4-5 GREAT years of Bay Area rap, the countless classics that came out...I challenge you to hold up ANY hyphy album to any classic from that era, it can't be done. Again, I respect your opinion, I just think that was an outlandish statement.

Feb 4, 2006
LOL, u obviously never heard of E-40/The Click,Too Short,Spice 1, RBL Posse, Mob Figaz,IMP/Cougnut,The Luniz,all of them made alot more dope shit than MC Hammer,,,,and that hyphy shit got played the fuck out with everybody rappin the same shit about Goin Dumb,Stunner Shades,Ghost Ride The Whip,Thizz Face,SMH.
Iight, E-40 has been the bay rep for decades. But Hyphy finally gave the Bay it's own idenitiy. I was in high school when that shit started. Parties and school rallies was poppin extra hard due to local heroes like The Team, Federation, and Mac Dre. Hyphy made some other non-hyphy artist step they game up. I feel like artist like B-Legit dropped a solid album durin the hyphy season (Block Movement). J-Diggs dropped a gem (California Livin 2). The Jacka dropped The Jack Artist. Messy Marv was making some of the best music in his life. Fabby had clubs on lock. It wasnt Drake or Gucci, but local artist. Hyphy wasnt just about the usual stunner shades and thizz shit. Hyphy was the voice that got our region its own shine aside from being on the west coast. This was the bay. The Luniz are one hit wonders. They made that one song that really didnt capture the essence of the bay area. San Quinn dropped "The Rock." and hooked up wit Messy and Dropped Explosive Mode 2. Non hyphy rappers was makin the hottest shit in they life durin the hyphy movement. From Money Gang, Bavgate, San Quinn. Hyphy united northern california. You could ride to Sac and feel like you never left the bay. Yea im slight young when it comes to this music shit, but I didnt know Digital Undeground was from Oakland til i was around 10-13. I thought they was a New York group. Hell look at the music Ya Boy was puttin out then. I could go on and on all day n night about what made hyphy so great, but i needa make sum dinner.