HYPHY AINT DEAD!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 13, 2002
true Hyphy is a livestyle that continues to live on, but at the same time half that silly ass shit niggas is seein/hearin wit the "hyphy movement" aint wat u really see. i mean i'm out here everyday, so i see alotta this shit as a misrepresentation of how shit is......i mean i done met muthafuckas from outta town who come to the Town, expectin to see sumbody ghostride the whip, lol....most the niggas u do see do dat shit aint even from out here, they done just been mislead by that radio shit, cuz it aint safe..............lol. i mean niggas aint gotta be 100% gangsta and just make murder music, but niggas need to actually incorporate sum REALITY into the music.

- just my 2 cents on the "hyphy movement"

May 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
We gave the world our game by breaking some of our words to em'(Example: alot of mainstream cats droppin' terms on hits, punchlines for albums, etc.) But now folks all across the globe wanna know the truth with us kickin them detailed scriptures about whats really poppin' out here in Northern Cali. Just like Short can tell a nigga in Europe what it's like in Oakland, or Jay Z tellin us bout Brooklyn. Lets Keep It Lit & Turn That Fire Up On them 2 where they gone have 2 fuck wit it. 08 mean Mo Weight so lets get it BAY AREA! KING CYDAL "YA BLOCK'S HOST AVAILABLE FEB. 2008!!!!!!!

Oct 25, 2006
People saying let it go are really honestly, stupid as fuck.

Hyphy got us halfway there and now everyones blasting it. Man fuck that, instead of everyone in the bay fighting over what our sound should be jus make quality music and don't be afraid to ride for hyphy.

Man one of the "hyphiest" songs to me is "Retro Mob" by Husalah and Fed-X. That song isn't even really a "Hyphy" song by definition, but it brings out that hyphy emotion in me.

No other area in the world brings out emotion like the bay, so maybe we don't gotta make Droop-E style hyphy shit, but why is it a bad thing to make a song that brings out a "Hyphy" feeling?

Nov 5, 2005
Newark, CA
www.djgunjan.com
People saying let it go are really honestly, stupid as fuck.

Hyphy got us halfway there and now everyones blasting it. Man fuck that, instead of everyone in the bay fighting over what our sound should be jus make quality music and don't be afraid to ride for hyphy.

Man one of the "hyphiest" songs to me is "Retro Mob" by Husalah and Fed-X. That song isn't even really a "Hyphy" song by definition, but it brings out that hyphy emotion in me.

No other area in the world brings out emotion like the bay, so maybe we don't gotta make Droop-E style hyphy shit, but why is it a bad thing to make a song that brings out a "Hyphy" feeling?
:chinese: CONFUCIUS SAY: TREAL IS TREAL

Dec 29, 2004
hyphy is wack as fuck.....the music sounds the same and all it did was make the bay look like a goddamn joke.

the music is annoying as fuck and if you're older than 14 listening to that bullshit you need to be slapped

Nov 5, 2005
Newark, CA
www.djgunjan.com
hyphy is wack as fuck.....the music sounds the same and all it did was make the bay look like a goddamn joke.

the music is annoying as fuck and if you're older than 14 listening to that bullshit you need to be slapped
biitch NO IGNORANT RANTS IN HERE --- YOU ARE TO GO BACK TO THE FIRST 3 PAGES AND READ WHAT WE SAY BEFORE STATIN UR IGNORANT BULLSHIT CUZZ.

AND NO I AINT GETTIN INTO IT WIT U... U AINT WORTH ANYONES TIME BASED ON THE WAY WE SEE YOU SPEAKIN.

jotti

Sicc OG
Aug 20, 2005
hyphy is done. just put out good music please... beats can still slap but u ain't gotta b talking about doin goofy ass shit.

Nov 23, 2006
www.myspace.com
hyphy never had a chance. maybe it's not dead as a lifestyle, but as a musical movement, it's done. like a few others said, too many cats jumped on the bandwagon.

how many songs in 06-now have been called 'Go Dumb?' by everyone from heavy hitters like FAB to the myspace rapper on your block. the movement could have kept going if there was some originality to it.

and off top, it was coo to see everyone getting behind hyphy and supporting it but for me supporting something didn't mean i had to change the way i talked, dressed or acted. but all these rappers switched their steelo real quick when the hyphy movement was in full effect.

the shame about that is that there is so much diversity in the bay and so many artists doing something DIFFERENT that never got to shine because of the hyphy movement. from mobb shit to so-called 'backpack rap' and more. but instead everyone only chose to show one side of this bay area sceneand before you knew it, everyone was wearing yellow bus t-shirts, spongebob backpacks, dreads and stunna shades.