Gears of war 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Microsoft and Epic Games deliver seven new multiplayer maps to Gears of Wars 2 in July's retail release of the Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection, finally answering the question "what is Dark Corners?"

Back in March, rumors flew about a new batch of downloadable content for Gears of Wars 2 called Dark Corners, but Epic denied that such DLC existed. Turns out that they were absolutely correct. Dark Corners is not just DLC. It's a new map pack being included in the Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection, available exclusively at retail worldwide on July 28th. The collection includes all of the Gears 2 DLC to date, along with Dark Fronts, a collection of seven new multiplayer maps which you can find detailed below and a new single player chapter titled "Road to Ruin".

In order to make the pack worthwhile to those who've already downloaded the majority of the Gears 2 DLC, the package also contains an introduction from Cliff Bleszinski for "Road to Ruin", a collectible poster, a strategy guide, and a custom Xbox Live theme.

And the price? $19.99, £14.99, or €19.99, depending on who you're paying for the privilege of taking the package home. A great value for those who've yet to download map one for the game, though things get a bit sketchy the more you've already purchased.

The Dark Corners DLC will also be available for download via Xbox Live on July 28th for 1600 Microsoft points, which is also $20. Extras aside, is $20 too much for seven new maps and a single-player chapter? Perhaps the map descriptions will help you decide.

The seven new multiplayer maps in the "Gears of War 2: Dark Corners" Game Add-on are:

* Allfathers Garden: Honor the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.

* Memorial: Set near the Eternal Flame, which pays tribute to the fallen soldiers on the battlefield, a hard-fought battle ensues at the Tomb of Unknowns. Putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test, players will fight to control the Boomshot.

* Sanctuary: Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of the Sanctuary is the chill of death. Feast your eyes on the arsenal of weapons available as you make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors.

* War Machine: In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.

* Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it'll be a one-way trip.

* Way Station: Sitting in limbo between death and "processing" are Locust way stations filled with fallen COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience as it's better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.

* Nowhere: Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travellers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle and make your way to the stairwell with a well-fortified team during this intense firefight.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
I'm glad i haven't bought the Snowblind pack yet. I'll just wait for this shit to drop and get it along with the new maps and campaign chapter.

Nov 15, 2007
damn 7 new maps, well i guess really 5 new maps with 2 old ones... either way hell yea!!!

im glad they are bringing war machine back, its long over due

and even though santuary was on the pc, i never got to play this... so its old and new at the same time for me....

cant wait, im def ganna buy these...

Nov 15, 2007
i could careless if i have the other new maps because maybe this way it will make people to just fucking buy the new ones and get the other ones finally now... and when i play execution and warzone i might atchually see some new maps in the cycle finally

JAPE

Sicc OG
Apr 29, 2006
I wouldnt pay for that shit... Call Of duty online is fun.. GTA was fuckin gay after 5 months.. shit thats the only game i got besides some lego shit that came with my console..

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
I think it's funny that there's so many people that say Call of Duty doesn't take any skill, Halo 3 doesn't take any skill, Gears of War/Gears of War 2 don't take any skill.

The only one I'm any good at is Halo 3, but i ain't gonna say none of the others take any skill. That's just retarded.