Fuck ! Got a DUI last night...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2005
id say dont hire an attorney and go sign up for the dui classes before u even go to court. i got a dui 2 years ago and feel 5000 grand was wasted on a lawyer, just go and plead guilty to the judge, unless u really think u got a way to get out of it ( which you probly dont cuz cops got a real good way of writing reports to make the judge find u guilty!).

i had a .23 at 8 am from drinking til 6 am and got sentenced to a 9 month program and suspended l's for a year

Yeah, it was a rookie cop, literally. Plus, the lawyer I spoke to couldn't find a violation code for what I was pulled over for...and I wasn't driving erratically either.

Plus, I really can't have a DUI conviction on my record so the couple grand spent on at least getting this thing reduced will be worth it.

But yeah, definitely don't wanna get to the 2nd. Haha..

Dec 9, 2005
2____ (a) for the DUI

I don't have the citation right next to me, but I know there's an (a) an (b) usually both from what I've heard.

I forgot the other one but it was for possesion of marijuana.

Feb 25, 2006
^aight wish u the best bro..i know u said u were tryna get into nursing..im bout to graduate with my BSN from sac state in less than a month..turned in my paperwork to take the nclex and u gotta get fingerprinted and disclose ALL convictions..even misdemeanors..AND even if ur case got dismissed..i had gotten a minor in possession of alcohol about 7 years ago..i took a class and got my shit dismissed but still had to provide the board of registered nursing with court documents showing my shit as dismissed and had to write a personal letter explaining how i had changed my life...

Dec 9, 2005
^ Damn, yeah I'm hoping for the best...that was really my biggest worry is how much this is gonna fuck up my future/career...the lawyer I spoke to even said that the nursing board is strict as fuck. He's had physicians, pilots, and a gang of other types of professionals, and he said the nursing board was by far the most unforgiving.

Good luck to you tho man...I'm sure since its been so long that they won't trip off of it.

I'm just worried because my situation happened now, and not years ago when I could've just blamed it on being young and dumb !

Dec 13, 2003
a lawyer will get you the same shit a pd will.. theres no way they can get you off so you might as well opt for the pd.
my potna got out of a DUI. he fuckin wrecked his mother's mercedes two blocks from her house. when the cops came...he fail the breathalyzer. 'bout time he got back to the CHP station...he blew the breathalyzer again and passed. he got out of that DUI because tests dont count untill you get to the station. they still tried to get him, but he had a good lawyer.

taking a blood test was a bad idea. that alcohol will be in your blood for a while

Dec 9, 2005
Yeah, I read about that. But it was also 2 hours after I got stopped and several hours after I had stopped drinking...plus, I've read and heard that several factors can cause the BAC level in the blood to drop, depending on how long the sample takes to process.

Man, your friend beat a CHP DUI...thats crazy, because I know they are on point with everything, and I hear those are nearly impossible to beat.

wino

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
yeah, man.. especially here in AZ. Yall in cali should consider yourselves lucky if you get a dui.. as opposed to getting one here. they dont NOT play with duis anymore. its mandatory 10 days in arpaios jail and 5,000 in fines. fuck az.
Isn't it 1-9 days for a normal DUI, and 10-30 for extreme? Whatever it is, don't want to do time in tent city

Dec 17, 2004
FUCK DUI'S!!! i just found out my application for the peace corps will not be reviewed because of my dui. to even be considered i have to wait until a year has passed by since my conviction, which is like june of next year, which is when i wanted to leave by. its horrible how this shit haunts you when youre trying to do good things like get a job or volunteer abroad. shits set up nice and slippery for you to fuck up, and if you slip, they make it even harder for you to get up and walk. fuck this

Dec 9, 2005
^ Sorry to hear about that. Yeah, I've just been reading all these horror stories about DUI's coming back to haunt people when looking for a new job, and especially when people are trying to attain licenses for different careers.

I understand the severity of this issue, but I don't understand why they are so damn extreme on the aftermath of shit. People fuck up, and thats the bottom line.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
DUIs are so terrible i sometimes have nightmares about getting popped for another one. I have 9 more months before this shit will hopefully stop fucking me out of jobs.

for now on if i drink i do it at my house or at someone elses house and crash on the couch. if i go to the bar i'm not fuckin driving no way. In AZ they will use your nuts as dice for you drink and drive

Dec 17, 2004
if i didnt do the peace corps thing i was just gonna go back to school and get my masters...but now im realizing i might be denied of loans or financial aid because of this dui. so i guess i can throw that option out too....way to give me more reason to just wanna drink away my sorrows

Feb 2, 2006
just dont get two i wonder what the record is for most duis i heard of someone who got like 20 duis or something.

my friend said his friend got 2 duis in the same week LOL

Apr 25, 2002
i got a dui when i was 18 , i used to lie all the time on my application and tell them i've never been arrested but i tell the truth now atleast the dui , i don't mention the fact the night i got a dui i stole 2 18 packs n a 12 and the car i was driving was stolen lol . they dropped the gta tho