Fuck ! Got a DUI last night...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 17, 2004
@Carl..

Yeah, I've been in contact with a few lawyers and they say that since I have a clean record and blew a lightweight low BAC...hopefully the blood comes back less than the .11...

But believe me man, I'm the type of person who only needs one chance...I'm definitely looking at things in a different light now. And I've heard the classes are actually pretty coo...

So did you get yours reduced or was it an official DUI ?
official dui. public defender tried to reduce it on the account that they didnt have me blow until about an hour after i was pulled over. the argument was that i had just got out the bar and was fine, but my alcohol level raised by the time i took the breathalizer at the station (i blew .13). he said the da's have to acknowledge that argument, but it turned out in the report i told the cop i had my last drink "an hour ago" so that blew our whole case. he was pretty cool and seemed to actually try to help me.

one thing i learned though is that the pd's and the da's are all like homies. they all see each other everyday and im sure if they like each other they probably help each other out here and there. the whole time i would be in court (and because of my dui i ended up having to go like 5-6 times for different reasons) i was just observing them trying to hear everything were saying during the waiting times. and they were all relatively young, they were playful with each other, would ask about each others weekend, would ask shit like "are you going to mikes thing tomorrow night?" judge has nothing to do with your sentence. he just reads out what the da's and pd's agreed on. the pd would go up and tell the judge "we've agreed to reduce the charge to a wet reckless," the judge turns to the da's and says "do the people agree with this?" they say "yes your honor, the people are in agreement" and thats it. the judge then just officially reads your sentence. so, at least in san diego court, i think getting a public defender could possibly help if youve got something for them to work with

as far as lawyers go. be careful cause theyll make it seem like they can help just to get your business. i know a couple ppl who were convinced by lawyers they MIGHT be able to reduce their charge, and didnt do a damn thing. even if that shit comes back .09 they likely wont give a fuck. especially if in the report it says you had devils cabbage with you. the best way is if the cop pulled you over illegally or something like that. a good lawyer can make the case that they have to drop your charge due to that. or possibly even a good public defender (and if he/she is friends with the da's that can't hurt).

and as far as the dmv...FUCK THEM. my homie got his shit fully dropped from the court court (as he should of considering it was 9 in the morning and he stopped drinking the night before) but the dmv court still convicted him. you're gonna have your license suspended for 3 months (after your 1 month grace period) no matter what. the real court WILL NOT suspend your license, just give you a fine and make you do the classes. but dmv court is a bitch and will likely convict you and not let you get your license until you complete the classes. just get your classes and all that shit done as soon as possible, because once you complete all that then you're eligible to have your license back from the dmv. and if you apply for a restricted license you have to show proof that youve enrolled in the program, pay hundred something bucks, then pay another hundred something bucks once your ready to have you license again.

Dec 9, 2005
^ Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I'm hoping I can make a case out of the fact that I was pulled over for going straight, with my left blinker on. My argument is that my left blinker was on because I had just switched lanes from the right lane into the middle lane.

Even so, having a blinker on and going straight should not be probable cause for a stop. Plus, it was a rookie cop, so hopefully he made a few slip ups in his paperwork and what not. Which is why I'm probably going to end up hiring a lawyer who can better argue this along with other stuff. But we'll see whats in the court paperwork tomorrow !

Thanks again for the info, wish me luck ! This shit sucks to the 56th power !

And about the suspension, do they only give you the restricted after you COMPLETE the dui course ? Or can I do it once I enroll. I'll be okay with the restricted, the first 30 days is gonna be tough tho.

Dec 9, 2005
Appreciate it man, I'm going to see what the lawyer says my chances are, and of course take that with a grain of salt, as I know I'm just a paycheck to them...

But I can deal with the 30 days, and 3 months of restricted. It would be a dream come true to have this all dropped though on the basis of the initial stop, but we'll see ! I'd even offer to take the classes anyways ! lol

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Appreciate it man, I'm going to see what the lawyer says my chances are, and of course take that with a grain of salt, as I know I'm just a paycheck to them...

But I can deal with the 30 days, and 3 months of restricted. It would be a dream come true to have this all dropped though on the basis of the initial stop, but we'll see ! I'd even offer to take the classes anyways ! lol
i had a motion 2 dismiss hearing as well & my lawyer was all gung ho bout it gettin dropped. then the judge denied his motion 2 dismiss witout givin it any thought. bitch looked all bored the whole time like we were wasting her time & didnt giv a fuck bout anything my lawyer had 2 say. shits rigged. i didnt do anything wrong wit the cop behind me & he even testified 2 that. a witness followed me & called the cops & said i jumped curbs, crossed the centerline & turned rite from the oncoming traffic lane(none of that is true, i blew a .08)then in court he changed his story 2 i just swerved & i still lost. fuckin bullshit. witness was a 19yr old dork. im pretty sure a better lawyer woulda got me off but dude choked er sumthin. hes gotten other people i know off for worst shit.

Dec 9, 2005
i had a motion 2 dismiss hearing as well & my lawyer was all gung ho bout it gettin dropped. then the judge denied his motion 2 dismiss witout givin it any thought. bitch looked all bored the whole time like we were wasting her time & didnt giv a fuck bout anything my lawyer had 2 say. shits rigged. i didnt do anything wrong wit the cop behind me & he even testified 2 that. a witness followed me & called the cops & said i jumped curbs, crossed the centerline & turned rite from the oncoming traffic lane(none of that is true, i blew a .08)then in court he changed his story 2 i just swerved & i still lost. fuckin bullshit. witness was a 19yr old dork. im pretty sure a better lawyer woulda got me off but dude choked er sumthin. hes gotten other people i know off for worst shit.

Thats the same thing as a suppression hearing right ? So pretty much you have no chance of winning that ?

Shit, I'm hoping that I can get mine dismissed because the cop pulled me over for going straight with a turn signal on. Bootsie ass stop.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Thats the same thing as a suppression hearing right ? So pretty much you have no chance of winning that ?

Shit, I'm hoping that I can get mine dismissed because the cop pulled me over for going straight with a turn signal on. Bootsie ass stop.
i think its the same. it was a motion 2 supress the stop but i lost. after it was all over i just felt like it was all a waste of time & money.

Apr 18, 2003
id say dont hire an attorney and go sign up for the dui classes before u even go to court. i got a dui 2 years ago and feel 5000 grand was wasted on a lawyer, just go and plead guilty to the judge, unless u really think u got a way to get out of it ( which you probly dont cuz cops got a real good way of writing reports to make the judge find u guilty!).

i had a .23 at 8 am from drinking til 6 am and got sentenced to a 9 month program and suspended l's for a year

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i heard they are starting to raise the penalties if you are super smashed and get caught. if you are like 3 times the limit and driving around.

when i got mine i was driving fine IMO i didn't even get pulled over. There just happened to be a cop at the bar i pulled into and i was immediatly jacked. They were cool for the most part though, they didn't impound my wheels lol i even had an 18 pack in the back seat and an open vodka bottle that someone in the back seat had on them. I did learn not to hang out with them people so much after that, Only reason those cops were there was because they were responding to them showin their asses in front of the bar in an already shady part of town