Fuck ! Got a DUI last night...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 17, 2004
i got a dewey in january. .11 is kinda low so depending on the whole situation of how you were pulled over, how the test was administered, if this was in the morning, bullshit like that, a GOOD lawyer (not the ones that charge $1000) may be able to reduce you down to a wet reckless. But he's gonna cost you at least 2-4 grand...and its a gamble. The good thing is that if he does reduce it, you won't have that shit on your record (which could be the worst part). if you dont have anything strong to defend your case, which basically means if the cop didnt fuck anything serious up, just go with the public defender...which basically means just take the dui.

it sucks man and i wish you the best. i hardly ever get serious on here, but yeah deweys are no fun. just keep your head up and take the positives from it. i actually really enjoyed the classes i was mandated to take and learned a lot from them. in the end, you can learn from this and grow.

also, depending if you completely stay out of trouble, how quickly you pay the fine, and what youre doing with your life (education, career pursuit etc.) you can possibly get it expunged from your record after about 2 years. there a lot that goes into this, but it is possible

good luck

Dec 9, 2005
Gas, real talk thats exactly where I was at...but the fact that I never got popped was like positive reinforcement for the behavior to continue. But seriously tho, I know this is just the internet and all but if you can take it from my experience so far, and the rest of the folks on here who've been through it. This shit sucks. Be safe out there man ! I haven't been sleeping well, and have been consumed with it at work...

Not a good feeling. Be safe out there bro.

@Carl..

Yeah, I've been in contact with a few lawyers and they say that since I have a clean record and blew a lightweight low BAC...hopefully the blood comes back less than the .11...

But believe me man, I'm the type of person who only needs one chance...I'm definitely looking at things in a different light now. And I've heard the classes are actually pretty coo...

So did you get yours reduced or was it an official DUI ?

Dec 9, 2005
So they're pretty much gonna suspend my L's for 4 months, but is that on top of whatever the court hands down...or does the DMV strictly deal with the suspension and the 4 months is what it is ?

Thanks in advance boss.

You in Cali Rossibreath ?

Dec 9, 2005
So they're pretty much gonna suspend my L's for 4 months, but is that on top of whatever the court hands down...or does the DMV strictly deal with the suspension and the 4 months is what it is ?

Thanks in advance boss.

You in Cali Rossibreath ?
^ Anyone know about that DMV thing ? Like, if I start the 4 months now, and my court date is in February. Its not the court who imposes the suspension right ? They wouldn't add on to the 4 months...?

Jul 25, 2007
the only point of doing a DMV hearing if you know for a fact you werent driving drunk and that they were going to suspend your license, you can fight that at the DMV. you gotta remember, your dealing with the courts and the DMV. Two seperate problems. I had a DUI 2 years ago and when my 30 days were up, thats it! I couldnt drive to work or anywhere! I had to wait until my court date a month later to plead guilty and get my paperwork to enroll in DUI school and show proof to the DMV that I enrolled and they gave me a restricted license to go to work and school. When I finished my mandatory 4 Month DUI class for the courts I was good but the DMV suspension is a automatic 6 month suspension and I had to wait 2 more months to get my license. So basically the DMV 6 month suspension doesnt start until you enroll your ass into school.

=

Dec 9, 2005
^ Damn. Thats sucks. So I should go and enroll now in the DUI course ? I want to be able to drive ASAP. I don't even care about these first 30 days, I'm only using them to try and get everything taken care of.

But one of the lawyers I spoke to said that if they file the DMV hearing, that at least my L's is extended until a verdict is reached for the DMV case.

So basically what you're saying is that once I enroll in DUI class, I can go to the DMV show them proof of that, and hopefully get a restricted ? Thats my biggest worry as of now is being able to get to work and school.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
So they're pretty much gonna suspend my L's for 4 months, but is that on top of whatever the court hands down...or does the DMV strictly deal with the suspension and the 4 months is what it is ? Thanks in advance boss.* You in Cali Rossibreath ?
the only suspension youll get is from the dmv. im in wisconsin. my L got suspended for 6 mos.

Dec 9, 2005
Hm, okay...so you know how you have to notify the DMV within 10 days or else the 4 month suspension starts. Is that ON TOP of the 6 months, or whatever ? Or does it count towards it ?

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
^ Damn. Thats sucks. So I should go and enroll now in the DUI course ? I want to be able to drive ASAP. I don't even care about these first 30 days, I'm only using them to try and get everything taken care of.

But one of the lawyers I spoke to said that if they file the DMV hearing, that at least my L's is extended until a verdict is reached for the DMV case.

So basically what you're saying is that once I enroll in DUI class, I can go to the DMV show them proof of that, and hopefully get a restricted ? Thats my biggest worry as of now is being able to get to work and school.
my lawyer also got my L extended til verdict. then i lost the case & now my L suspended til jan & if i would hav just gave up ida got my L back in oct. knowing what i know now i wouldnt of fought it cuz their dicks & fuck u no matter what & it was my 1st offense so i woulda got the minimum penalty anyway. 6 mos suspension & $600 fine. instead i got that & $1200 lawyer fees.

edit: & i had 2 take a creep class.

Dec 9, 2005
Hm, so fighting it just kind of prolongs the shit. I'm more wanting to just get this all behind me now. I'd rather not drive now than have to sit and wait until court and have the suspension start then.

Do you feel like you wasted money on the lawyer ?

Jul 25, 2007

yea dude. Once you show proof that your enrolled in the "first offender program" and have your insurance company notify the DMV of you SR-22 your straight. I know a couple of people that were going to school before there court date knowingly that they will plead guilty. By the time they got there hearing from the courts they were halfway done with what they courts need from them which is proof of completion of DUI class. Youll maybe get 2-3 days of community service which you gotta pay like 50 bucks a day for your services. depends on your judge.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Hm, okay...so you know how you have to notify the DMV within 10 days or else the 4 month suspension starts. Is that ON TOP of the 6 months, or whatever ? Or does it count towards it ?
i dont remember anything bout 4 mos ever mentioned. i got a lawyer rite away & he took care of everything. i didnt hav 2 do anything until my pretrial motion hearing.