Football.Futbol.Soccer - 2009-2010

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
3:1 against Bosnia. Not bad.

We play fast and aggressive. Like it. And now our coach must have finally realized, that Klose sucks ass. Mueller has to play in midfield, Badstuber defense, and Cacau has to take Klose's place. He never played this good all his career. Khedira is doing a very good job taking Ballack's spot!

Our youngest WC team since 1934. 24,62years old.

This is how we have to play. Would say the same if we had no injured players:

Neuer - Lahm, Friedrich, Mertesacker, Badstuber - Khedira, Schweinsteiger - Müller, Özil, Podolski - Cacau

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
^^Yeah, Germany plays that long pass style as well.
Not anymore. We've been in the process of switching to short passes and try to get as close to "one- touch" football as possible. And now that we got some fresh talented and technically good players like Özil, Marin, Müller or Kroos, this is finally possible. I don't know why, but i have a good feeling about our team this year. They're pretty young (24 average) , but most of them have at least some international experience and had to deal with pressure situations before. I fucking wished Löw would leave Klose OUT and give Cacau a chance as a starter. He and the entire Squad looked good in the second half today. Can't wait for next Sunday. We gonna take a dumb on you Australia !!!!! People already putting up flags on my street and shit.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
Should we open up a separate thread when the WC starts ? I think the biggest sports event in the world deserves his own.

May 14, 2002
I don't know if already posted but these are the highlights of a practice match between Holland and Ghana, played in my hometown.

Dutch comments though....

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
Not anymore. We've been in the process of switching to short passes and try to get as close to "one- touch" football as possible. And now that we got some fresh talented and technically good players like Özil, Marin, Müller or Kroos, this is finally possible. I don't know why, but i have a good feeling about our team this year. They're pretty young (24 average) , but most of them have at least some international experience and had to deal with pressure situations before. I fucking wished Löw would leave Klose OUT and give Cacau a chance as a starter. He and the entire Squad looked good in the second half today. Can't wait for next Sunday. We gonna take a dumb on you Australia !!!!! People already putting up flags on my street and shit.
You're right, they are playing different these days with the new young players. I was talking traditionally though, they've always played a vertical game similar to England. Of course it's not exactly the same, but you get my point...

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Lol @ the fags complaining, so they can blame mistakes they might make on the ball:

Players have been especially harsh in their assessments of this year's World Cup ball, designed as usual by Adidas. This time it's just not the usual gang of goalkeepers crying foul -- some strikers from favored nations talk as if the ball is possessed.

"Terrible," "unsuitable" and "appalling" were just some of the words used by soccer's top professionals to describe Adidas' new ball, destined for play during the World Cup in South Africa, starting June 11.

Adidas should be used to it. The German company has supplied the official game balls for the quadrennial tournament since 1970, and complaints have been a tradition among players, especially goalkeepers, in the run-up to each tournament.

"Usually you get used to it, but in this case every touch comes with the unknown," Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon said. "The trajectory is really unpredictable." And his Brazilian counterpart Julio Cesar left diplomacy to others: "It's the same as the balls you buy in the supermarket."

"It happens every time, the players always complain about the ball," said former Brazilian striker Eduardo Goncalves de Andrade, who is best known as Tostao, a legendary player for his country between 1966 and 1972. "At the greatest competition in the world you would think that the players would like the ball, but that's not the case."

'It's Like It Doesn't Want to Be Kicked'

This year, however, criticism of Adidas' "Jabulani" ball -- which means "to celebrate" in the language of the Zulu people of southern Africa -- has also come from offensive field players, those who have typically benefited from technological advances that cause shots to travel faster and farther and to bend more sharply.

Giampaolo Pazzini, a striker for defending champion Italy, was not impressed. "The balls are a disaster, both for goalkeepers and attackers," he said recently to the Associated Press. "It moves so much and makes it difficult to control. You jump up to head a cross and suddenly the ball will move and you miss it."

And Brazilian forward Luis Fabiano called the ball "very weird," saying it appeared possessed. "All of a sudden it changes trajectory on you," Fabiano said. "It's like it doesn't want to be kicked. It's incredible, it's like someone is guiding it. You are going to kick it and it moves out of the way. I think it's supernatural, it's very bad. I hope to adapt to it as soon as possible, but it's going to be hard."

'Great Goals' Will Make Complaints Go Away

Adidas responded on Monday after several players made negative comments about the ball last weekend.

"The ball has been used for months," Adidas spokesman Thomas van Schaik told AP. "We started using it in December in a wide variety of leagues. All the response we have had has been positive."

Van Schaik said the company distributed balls to World Cup teams in advance so they could get used to it. "Apparently they have not taken advantage of that if we are only hearing this criticism now. If you look back in history there have always been criticisms about the ball before the World Cup, but not so much afterwards, after you've seen great goals or great saves," van Schaik said.

'It's Round, Like Always'

According to Adidas, the ball is more accurate, not less. The company said the ball had a "perfect grip under all conditions," and that when designing it they took into account the effect of high altitudes of the stadiums in South Africa.

Criticism aside, the €120 ball is likely to be a big seller with the general public. In 2006, roughly 15 million Adidas official game balls were sold.

German players have said little about the new ball. Then again, the national team is sponsored by Adidas. German striker Mario Gomez, who also plays for Adidas-sponsored FC Bayern Munich, said the ball was a little harder than those used in the past. "It hurts a little," he said, "but if you hit it right, it flies."

Spanish defender Alvaro Arbeloa, who is also sponsored by Adidas, made a more matter-of-fact assessment. "It's round, like always," he said.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I watched the 2nd half of the Germany Bosnia game, when you guys hit them on the counter with lightning speed they couldnt do shit, Lahm scored a nice goal and the other 2 were penalties. Some fast players with some sick dribbling, thats a bit worrying for me.

We can't give them space or they will just shoot all day and most of those shots in the 2nd half were accurate, if we press hard against Germany, one intricate pass and someone is through in the final third which they are more than capable of.

So therein lies the problem, how the fuck can we defend........

If I was coach I would starve you off the ball as much as possible but we need to score more than once..

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Should we open up a separate thread when the WC starts ? I think the biggest sports event in the world deserves his own.
do it, but do it with pics and a small run down on every nation, put some effort into it.

Sep 4, 2002
Attendance for sports in America

Season attendance averages:
1. NFL avg.: 68,240
2. MLB avg.: 30,338 (- 37,902)
3. NBA avg. 17,520 ( - 50,720)
4. NHL avg. 17,460 ( - 50,780)
5. MLS avg.: 16,319 ( - 51,921)

MLS isnt far behind at all. soccer is creepin america.... embrace it

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
So...what happens to people who bet on the final, when this gets changed:

FIGC: Milito, Motta Inter contracts may be illegal; trial in July

Hamburg/Rome - Inter Milan may have illegally used Diego Milito and Thiago Motto in the past triple-winning season because their contracts were not vaild, the Italian football federation (FIGC) confirmed on Saturday.

The FIGC spokesman Paolo Cordi told German Press Agency dpa that Genoa president Enrico Preziosi had no business licence when he signed the transfer documents in the move of Milito and Motta from Genoa to Inter in 2009.

Cordi said that Preziosi and Inter president Massimo Moratti will have to stand trial before a sports court in Rome over the issue in July. He said a deputy should have signed the contracts on behalf of Genoa.

If worse comes to worst, Inter could lose the Champions League, Serie A and Italian cup titles they won in the past season and be relegated. However, Cordi said he did not expect such a ruling.

The Argentina forward Milito scored both goals as Inter beat Bayern Munich 2-0 in the Champions League final. Motta, a Brazilian midfielder, was suspended for the game.

Cordi's statements confirmed a report from Saturday's edition of the Hamburger Morgenpost daily.

The daily said that the FIGC had stripped Preziosi of his licence in 2008 and that a sports commission had informed the federation several months ago that the contracts of Milito and Motta were not valid.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
So...new seasons starting soon.

Some interesting transfers. Fabregas to Barcelona. Khedira to Real Madrid. Cole to Liverpool. Raul to Schalke. Toure to Man City. Ballack to Leverkusen. But I guess there are a couple big ones still coming up.

There were already some interesting friendly matches:

Hamburg vs. Chelsea - 2:1
Dortmund vs. Manchester City - 3:1
St. Pauli vs. Santander - 3:0
Frankfurt vs. Chelsea - 2:1
Moenchengladbach vs. Liverpool - 1:0
Kaiserslautern vs. Auxerre - 3:1