Football.Futbol.Soccer - 2009-2010

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 4, 2002
Exactly. And actions speak louder than words. I'll give you props if you guys make it to the knockout stage, and God forbid, even kick out Germany. I'm not gonna be a sore loser like you and come up with hella excuses as of why my team didn't get passed yours. Have some respect dude, i don't come into NFL threads and brag about the German Am.Football Bundesliga either. I'll give respect where respect is due and until now the US hasn't done anything impressive or noteworthy EVER in Football.
that would make sense if the German american football teams played American football teams. great argument.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
It does make sense.
American (National) Football is as "amateur-like" and far from internationally competitive as the German Am. Football Bundesliga. Every German Am. Football team would be destroyed by any NFL team, and the same goes for every MLS team playing any team from the 1. German Bundesliga or any other Top 4 European leaugue for that matter. They don't compete, but that doesn't mean you can't predict the outcome.

Point being, i don't brag about a sport where my country hasn't achieved jack shit on an international level and probably never will.

Sep 4, 2002
It does make sense.
American (National) Football is as "amateur-like" and far from internationally competitive as the German Am. Football Bundesliga. Every German Am. Football team would be destroyed by any NFL team, and the same goes for every MLS team playing any team from the 1. German Bundesliga or any other Top 4 European leaugue for that matter. They don't compete, but that doesn't mean you can't predict the outcome.

Point being, i don't brag about a sport where my country hasn't achieved jack shit on an international level and probably never will.
but those German American football teams don't play at an international level or anyother teams outside of germany im guessing, so that is a pointless thing to bring up.

USMNT actually plays internationally, while you are tryin to make a point with shit that doesn't exist.

Sep 4, 2002
and the USMNT is so 'amateur-like" that they beat the number 1 team in the world last year that hadn't lost in 3 years, and is currently your number 1 ranked team in the world. so amateur

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Exactly. And actions speak louder than words. I'll give you props if you guys make it to the knockout stage, and God forbid, even kick out Germany. I'm not gonna be a sore loser like you and come up with hella excuses as of why my team didn't get passed yours. Have some respect dude, i don't come into NFL threads and brag about the German Am.Football Bundesliga either. I'll give respect where respect is due and until now the US hasn't done anything impressive or noteworthy EVER in Football.
seems like Germany just has to turn up and they get 1st place..

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
^^ I never said that. That's why i put Germany behind Spain, Brasil, Argentina and even England. I also said we're on the same level as Holland, Italy, Portugal etc. I know we have a young and rather inexperienced team and right now, we're far from the top.

And Fedex, i never said the US Football team is amateur like, but the MLS is, without a doubt. And still, US Football is even farer away from the top 5 as Germany is from the top 3. Ranked No. 1 in the world huh? LMAO. Friendly matches (as if the Confed cup means something) and the weak as competition in CONCACAF don't mean shit in the world.

Let this shit rest and wait for the WC to start guys. There will be enough time for shit talking then.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
We lost the fifth player to injury...I just hope Loew nominates Hummels now...

3:0 against Hungary. Nothing to be proud of, but we played without the Munich players. Not bad overall though. Hope our coach realizes now, that Klose shouldn't play.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
wow they are not taking dos santos? why not?

Btw Australia v Denmark is 0-0 at HT at the moment, we are looking solid at the back and full of confidence.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Australia 1 Denmark 0 full time

Good defence, covering the flanks as Romendhal and Gronkjaer posed pacey threats all game, very nice for our confidence 4 days before our last friendly warmup match against USA.

Sep 4, 2002
A little controversy in Mexico w/ the decision to not take Jonathan Dos Santos...

What'd you guys think??? I'll drop my 2 cents in the matter tomorrow...
bwhahahahaha, looks like both Dos santos are about to bounce

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/sow_experts/post/Walking-away-from-the-World-Cup?urn=sow,244952

Mexico's young star Giovani dos Santos has called down a firestorm by revealing that he's thinking of quitting his national team just ten days before the start of the World Cup. According to his father, Zizinho, he's "very hurt" by the fact that his brother Jonathan was cut from the team Tuesday.

Jonathan dos Santos is only 20, and was always a shaky bet to go to South Africa, especially after he sustained a muscle tear last month while training with Barcelona. But Giovani and his family are reacting with double-barreled fury. Their father has declared that Jonathan is quitting the team permanently, and Giovani — who's all of 21 — may follow suit. The Mexican team is trying to console him, but the dos Santos family is alternating between issuing dark warnings and keeping silent about its plans.

Now, if you spend a lot of time reading soccer blogs, flipping through soccer magazines, thinking about soccer, watching soccer on television, or gently polishing the badge on your Official 2010 Insert Shoe Company and Nation of Choice Here Soccer Shirt, you might have the idea that a lot of people would quite like to play in the World Cup. It's a tradition, you know. Once upon a time, men with hope in their eyes and enormous quantities of pomade in their hair hitched up their breeches and took to the field in pursuit of patriotic glory, and now the rest of us dream of following in their wake. I once saw a comments thread on which people were discussing which body part they would be willing to sacrifice in return for playing one game for England in South Africa. They were not kidding around. You don't want to know where it ended up.

So it always seems a little outrageous when a star player just up and refuses to go to the tournament, or even when one threatens to quit. But it happens. Johan Cruyff could just about get away with it, because he was one of the best players ever. And because everyone knew he was crazy. And because his refusal to go to Argentina in 1978 might possibly have been (but almost certainly was not) political. Jamie Carragher could just about get away with turning his back on the England team (you know, before he un-turned his back on it) because he had a platoon of TV commentators who never stopped telling us how oaken and honorable he was. Wayne Bridge just about got away with it because, dude, come on, John Terry got with his ex.

Other times, it doesn't go so well. Noted Italian sulk and gastronome Antonio Cassano didn't make any friends when he dramatically sort-of withdrew from the Italian team in April by declaring that he wouldn't postpone his wedding — which he'd scheduled, he alone knows why, for smack in the middle of the World Cup. (Italy was like, "Um, you're not really on the team anyway, Antonio? Whateverrrr.") More recently, current Cameroon star Samuel Eto'o threatened to walk out on the Indomitable Lions when former Cameroon star Roger Milla disparaged him in public. Among certain high-class scolds, this turned into a referendum on why African teams never win the World Cup, as though the fact that Samuel Eto'o's brain is made out of fire is a judgment on an entire continent. (Why is it that the whole of Europe never has to answer for Jamie Carragher?)

The Eto'o scandal seems to have come to nothing, and of course Giovani dos Santos will probably come around and play, too, because this is the World Cup, after all, and most people are dying to be in it. Just not everyone.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
I honestly don't care if Gio doesn't go, fuck it. Their dad is acting like a bitch and trying to make both of his sons do the same. They're saying that they both have options of playing for Spain or Brazil, yeah right...that shit makes me laugh!

I'm not worried too much about either of those two guys, we gotta be worried about the WC and that's it.

Sep 4, 2002
Coulda had Jose "el gringo" torres, couldn't keep Edgar Castillio, now lost younger brother Johnathan Dos santos, and possibly loosing older brother Gio? not good.