Football.Futbol.Soccer - 2009-2010

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
He hasn't played enough thats why he wasn't picked I think. Gio crying and making a tantrum is very unproffessional though.. just stfu and be greatfull you got selected to rep your country.

Looking forward to the Mexico/SA game first up, Hernandez has alot of promise.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
Coulda had Jose "el gringo" torres, couldn't keep Edgar Castillio, now lost younger brother Johnathan Dos santos, and possibly loosing older brother Gio? not good.
Edgar Castillo is good and so is Torres, but fuck em both. Fuck anyone who isn't fully about winning the World Cup right now.

He hasn't played enough thats why he wasn't picked I think. Gio crying and making a tantrum is very unproffessional though.. just stfu and be greatfull you got selected to rep your country.

Looking forward to the Mexico/SA game first up, Hernandez has alot of promise.
Exactly man, it's an HONOR to be chosen to the world cup. If Gio doesn't go cuz of this, he's a bitch and he'll regret it the rest of his life. No way in hell him or his brother every play for Spain or Brazil, no way...

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Young Players to Fill Roster Holes on German National Team

The German national team for the impending World Cup tournament in South Africa is now final -- unless the squad's string of injuries continues. Trainer Joachim Löw has nominated several young players to fill his roster's gaping holes.

Among the many duties that fall to a country's national soccer team trainer, paring down the roster ahead of the World Cup is certainly among the most difficult. Crushing the international dreams of a young player is no fun; tears often flow.

This year, though, German trainer Joachim Löw was largely spared the task. Instead, a string of injuries decimated Löw's preferred midfield this spring to the point that on Tuesday, just hours before a FIFA deadline mandating that national teams be trimmed to 23 members, he only had to cut a single player.

After spending three weeks training with the national team, 23-year-old Andreas Beck, a defender who plays his club football for 1899 Hoffenheim, was sent home. "We told him that he should continue to feel like a member of the team," Löw said. "He is quite young and still has chances to become part of the national team one day."

Given the injury bug that has bitten Germany's team this year, however, it cannot be ruled out that Beck will get his chance in South Africa after all. Löw said that should yet another injury befall the team, Beck is first on the list of replacements.

Run of Injuries

In Germany's 76-year history of taking part in the World Cup, the team has never experienced such a long list of pre-tournament injuries. In January, midfielder Simon Rolfes went under the knife for a knee injury. In April, Löw's first choice as keeper, Rene Adler, snapped a rib.

Then, in May, the run of injuries became absurd. In quick succession, team captain Michael Ballack tore up his ankle in Britain's FA Cup final, his replacement Christian Träsch likewise injured an ankle at the national team training camp in Austria, and Träsch's replacement Heiko Westermann busted a bone in his foot during a weekend friendly against Hungary.

Now, Germany faces the prospect of travelling to South Africa with a patchwork midfield. International veteran Bastian Schweinsteiger has been tapped to take over Ballack's role as the anchor of the defensive midfield. But he will find himself flanked by the neophyte Sami Khedira, who has played just four games for the national team. It remains unclear who might come to their assistance.

Indeed, even though Joachim Löw (known as Jogi to the nation) pledged to open up the national team to a younger generation of players after Germany's third place finish four years ago, it seems unlikely that he planned to do it so radically and so quickly. The German squad in South Africa will include six players who played for the U-21 team last year -- four of them are likely to start.

A Curse

"I would have expected that two or three of us would have made the jump to the World Cup team this year," Jerome Boateng, one of those who was promoted from the U-21 team, told the Süddeutsche Zeitung. "But so many?"

Just nine days before the tournament opens, the team's problems are weighing on the nation. It is not unusual, however, for the country to erupt in a cacophony of belly-aching pessimism and woe-is-us defeatism prior to major international tournaments -- only for Germany to "unexpectedly" march through to the late rounds. This year, instead of aiming criticism at the trainer and the players, the country has taken it a step further, blaming a "curse" for the rash of injuries.

Still, given their history of success at the World Cup, betting against the Germans is not a good idea. Since 1954, Germany has only failed to reach at least the quarterfinals a single time, in 1978. And despite the youth of this year's team, many of the new players are not foreign to success. The U-21 team won the European tournament last year.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I personally like our "new" young team.

Schweinsteiger and Podolski are already veterans but only 25/26 years old. I just hope that Mueller or Kiesling will play instead of Klose.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Exactly man, it's an HONOR to be chosen to the world cup. If Gio doesn't go cuz of this, he's a bitch and he'll regret it the rest of his life. No way in hell him or his brother every play for Spain or Brazil, no way...
Yup spot on. And there is no way they would get a spot in either Spain or Brasil, they have too many infront of them.

How do you feel about Hernandez? I have spoken to a few Man Utd fans and there are mixed emotions about him signing. Some think he will be loaned out and see little to no action but others are optimistic if given the chance to play. Personally I think he has alot of potential, the adjustment to English football might or might not work out, but Fergie is a class Manager and will bring out the best in him. There is only one other manager in England right now that would do better than Fergie and that is Wenger.

I personally like our "new" young team.

Schweinsteiger and Podolski are already veterans but only 25/26 years old. I just hope that Mueller or Kiesling will play instead of Klose.
Ghana and Serbia being in shit form plus the loss of Essien should be enough for Germany to get 3 or 2 wins from the group, most likely 3. Later stages I'm not convinced, but if it goes to penalties...lol Sell everything you own and put in on the Germans.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
How do you feel about Hernandez? I have spoken to a few Man Utd fans and there are mixed emotions about him signing. Some think he will be loaned out and see little to no action but others are optimistic if given the chance to play. Personally I think he has alot of potential, the adjustment to English football might or might not work out, but Fergie is a class Manager and will bring out the best in him. There is only one other manager in England right now that would do better than Fergie and that is Wenger.
"Chicharito" is a good player. I like him because he plays hard and will go balls out. However, English football is not the same as Mexican football. In the premiere league, he'll face a different kind of defending and pressure, as well as tougher refereeing compared to the Mexican League. Yellow Card fouls in the Mexican league sometimes don't even get called in England...LOL

I'm not too sure, I like to be optimistic of course. But I know for a fact it's not going to be easy for him. He's gonna have to bulk up some and put in major work. I'm excited to see him over there though...

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
yeah I started watching it early 90's when our very own Robbie Slater used to play for Southampton, they used to just boot the ball upfield and make him chase it all game lol

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
yeah I started watching it early 90's when our very own Robbie Slater used to play for Southampton, they used to just boot the ball upfield and make him chase it all game lol
LOL...

Mexicans like the ball to their feet, I know I do. Don't make us run too much...haha

And that's shitty about Jozy, hopefully he'll be fully healthy for the WC...

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
LOL...

Mexicans like the ball to their feet, I know I do. Don't make us run too much...haha
Yes, South American clubs, nations have a different style of football and Mexico is similar minus the massive amount of flair present in countries like Brasil, Argentina. Even Spain, spanish clubs Italian clubs, it's only really England and English teams that play a more long/direct style of play (aside from Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd ect..

This is more how football should be played.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
^^Yeah, Germany plays that long pass style as well. To me, the best football has always been played in the Netherlands. Total Football, as they refer to it...

From the days of Johan Cruyff and Johan Neskins (Sp?)...

Crazy they haven't ever won a world cup, Cruyff is the Kind w/out a Crown and Netherlands are the best team to never win a world cup...

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Yeah always loved the watching the dutch play, van basten, riijkaard, kluivert, bergkamp, overmars, robben, van persie, vandervaart... they continue to produce class