Football.Futbol.Soccer - 2009-2010

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
@ Tim-C
Does Inter actually have a chance to repeat with loosing Zlatan and gettin Eto'o??? or is AC milan going to get even better even tho they lost Kaka. maybe Ronaldinho starts becoming the player he was 4-5 years ago again???

I think Juve might have a real shot to take it this year.but i dunno. I guess you can't count Inter out until they are dethroned... but you were right in the other thread. I think from top to bottom Serie A is going to be the closest, point wise.
Serie A is gettin real interesting. I think Inter/Mourinho made an incredible move by offloading Zlatan the mercenary. They made out with so much cash, they will make more singings this summer for sure. I really dont like Ibra, I think he only cares about $$ and has no loyalty to his club, but I will say that he has carried Inter for the last three years to three straight scudetti. He officially won me over when he single handedly bailed Inter out of a loss on the last day of the campaign w. that backheel against Atalanta (one of the best games of the season, any league... if you think Serie A is boring watch that game). He can change games. I think he'll do fine at Barca. Eto'o on the other hand I am skeptical of. He is a goal scoring machine but I feel like its hard to not be when you're flanked by Messi and Henry and you have Xavi and Iniesta behind you... not to mention Dani Alves crosses. He has never been the focal point of the team, much less a Serie A team, and it will be tough for him.

AC Milan is screwed unless they sign a big name striker and maybe a midfielder too. Pato is really good and will be great one day, but he can't carry a team like AC. Ronaldinho will never be the same. Losing Kaka was huge, even though last season wasn't his best he always their brightest player when he was on the field. Unless they buy Fabiano or Huntelaar (or another class striker) I think they'll have trouble scoring.

Juve has had the best transfer period. Diego is incredible and he will be great in any league he plays in. His stats in the UEFA cup last season for Werder Bremen are off the hook. Felipe Melo is a tough midfielder, partnered with Sissoko they are going to be nasty. I am worried about our backup strikers though. Trez isn't going to cut it. He and Iaquinta both are goal poachers and can't create shit. Del Piero wants to be in South Africa so he will play his hardest this season, I expect him to shine and hopefully he stays healthy.

I think Genoa is going to be the headturner this year and could finish top 5

Sorry I typed so much but Serie A is my shit

Sep 4, 2002
its all good man.good read.

I wanted to ask about Fiorentina. When I started watching soccer leagues around the world I was drawn to AC milan. and Alberto Gilardino was my dude!!! It seems like hes having some really good success with Fiorentina, and I was gonna ask if they have enough talent to crack top 3? or are both Milan's and Juve to much??? I know they were like 8 points back or something of top 3 in Serie A.

Sep 4, 2002
here is a funny story....

Burnley player fined for drinking beer during match against Timbers

The next time you want complain about the price of a pint at your local watering hole, remember that at least it didn't cost you an entire week's pay.

The British web site Click Lancashire is reporting that Scottish national and Burnley FC forward Steven Thompson has been fined a week's pay for imbibing alcohol during Burnley's exhibition game against the Portland Timers at PGE Park on July 25.

Thompson, who scored 12 goals in 25 league appearances for the Clarets last season, was on hand to score the second goal for the Turf Moor side in their 2-2 draw with Portland Timbers. After chasing a stray ball, the Scot failed to slow himself down and went tumbling over a banner and ended up next to an unsuspecting fan watching the game.

"I kind of fell over the billboards at the side of the pitch and there was a cafe right on the side," said the 30-year-old.

"I landed on this person's table and I don't know what happened, I just instinctively grabbed this guy's pint and had a drink."
http://www.oregonlive.com/idahosportugal/index.ssf/2009/07/burnley_player_fined_for_drink.html

Drinkin beer and playin soccer.... awesome.

Apr 25, 2002
lmao.... dope story. did you read about Adrian Mutu's 17 million euro fine from Chelsea? its on goal.com on the right side. one of the few times i was really impressed by a goal.com story.... most is just pointless rumors

Apr 25, 2002
its all good man.good read.

I wanted to ask about Fiorentina. When I started watching soccer leagues around the world I was drawn to AC milan. and Alberto Gilardino was my dude!!! It seems like hes having some really good success with Fiorentina, and I was gonna ask if they have enough talent to crack top 3? or are both Milan's and Juve to much??? I know they were like 8 points back or something of top 3 in Serie A.
Fiorentina could have been a top 3 team if they had kept Melo, but selling him to Juve is going to hurt them. He was their best player, IMO. Strikers get hyped for scoring goals (as they should) but a good striker is a GREAT striker with a good midfielder playing behind them. They have some good young talent and a good goalie, they're always going to finish top 6 for sure. This year I think Genoa takes them over for the 4 spot and wouldn't be suprised if Roma took 5th (if Vucinic stays).

Genoa has quietly had the best transfer window of any team in the league. They lost Milito and Motta but added Crespo, Palacio from Boca Juniors, and Sergio Floccari from Atalanta. Crespo and Floccari are vets, Palacio and Palladino (ex juve youngster) are youngsters, their strike force is deep. Also picked up Kharja from Siena and Zapater from some Spanish team. Kharja was impressive when siena played Juve last year and I think he'll do good.

If there is any game I could see live it would be Sampdoria vs. Genoa (Genoa derby). When Genoa beat Juve 3-2 last season (and Palladino of all people scored the winner in the 80 something-th minute) that place was on fire. I've been to games in Stadio Olimpico in Torino, Stadio Olimpico in Rome, and also a game in Bergamo at Atalanta's stadium (forget the name) and the atmosphere in that place looked wayyyyy better than any of the others (except Rome for a derby match lol).

no sound but you get the picture

Nov 27, 2006
Celtic overcome a 1-0 defeat and beat some russo's in Russia to go through the next round in Champions league qualifiers! HAIL HAIL!
Beautiful goal by Samaras in the 90th minute

Aug 24, 2002
ah cool, any old heads since the 94 WC in the USA?
For sure. One hell of a tournament.. Players like Hagi , stoichkov, Romario , bebeto,roberto baggio , thomas Brolin ..and so on . I was 12 years old back then.. I stayed up all night watching those games. Plus Sweden did good and finished 3rd.

Aug 24, 2002
Keep an eye on this kid . 21 year old supertalent Rasmus Elm from Sweden . Man city, Everton and Fulham are currently fighting over his signature. After 18 games in the swedish league , he is the topscorer . And he's not even a striker , he's a midfielder. Swedish national team coach says he is the biggest talent out of Sweden since Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Here are some of his goals from this season .

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Keep an eye on this kid . 21 year old supertalent Rasmus Elm from Sweden . Man city, Everton and Fulham are currently fighting over his signature. After 18 games in the swedish league , he is the topscorer . And he's not even a striker , he's a midfielder. Swedish national team coach says he is the biggest talent out of Sweden since Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Here are some of his goals from this season .

Keep an eye on Markus Berg from Sweden. Top-Scorer from the last U21 Championship. Everybody wanted him, but he went to Hamburg. Hamburg gon win the Euroleague this, Championsleague next season!

Aug 24, 2002
Keep an eye on Markus Berg from Sweden. Top-Scorer from the last U21 Championship. Everybody wanted him, but he went to Hamburg. Hamburg gon win the Euroleague this, Championsleague next season!
I hear you . the top scoring record in u21 championship was 4 goals , before Berg crushed it with 7 goals. Are you a Hamburg supporter? The Ultras of my team AIK Stockholm and Hamburger SV have a friendship connection. They visit Stockholm for our games and and vice versa . Nobody here in Sweden expected him to go to hamburg . But i think its a good club and big step for his career .