Fallout: New Vegas

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 24, 2003
how do you even side with the powder gangers? i wiped out the prison and when i killed some leader guy it said a quest failed. im assuiming that was the quest to side with the powder gangers, and theres absolutely no turning back now.

i ask because the very first powder gangers i encountered started shooting me even though my gun was put away and i had never even seen them before.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
heres what i found, i always killed them on sight

Ringo, a caravan trader, once escaped an attack by Powder Gangers, killing three of their men in the process. He then beat a hasty retreat to Goodsprings to escape their overwhelming numbers. Trudy let him take shelter at an abandoned gas station in the town. The Ganger Joe Cobb followed him to Goodsprings but has not been successful in finding his hideout. While Ringo is not afraid to face the Powder Gangers again, he knows that he needs some support to ensure success. There are two options for the Courier to choose from: help the Powder Gangers take over Goodsprings or get the town together and fight off the invaders.

Killing a Powder Ganger at one of the camps or at most of the other locations is likely to garner the Courier some infamy with the faction unless it is performed quietly (or loudly but from extreme sneak attack ranges). The player should be careful of this course of action if they wish to side with Gangers against Goodsprings or to complete some of the Gangers' missions at NCRCF. The normal powder ganger is very weak considering their weapons are usually weak. The choice of tactics for these thugs are melee weapons at close combat while the riflemen usually stay a distance to shoot the player down.
Prior to the most recent patch, Powder Gangers encountered at Powder Ganger Camps or at random in the Wasteland would initially be hostile towards the player, unless the player receives a positive reputation with the Powder Gangers. The Powder Gangers at their NCRCF headquarters would initially be neutral, as would Powder Gangers at certain other locations such as the traincars south of Sloan. Note that killing Powder Gangers, even those who attack unprovoked, will cause Infamy with the faction unless done from sneak mode at long range.

After the most recent patch, all Powder Gangers in the Mojave Wasteland will start out neutral towards the player at the beginning of the game, although they will turn hostile if the player garners negative reputation with the faction.

Aug 24, 2003
i see. well the first 3 hours of my game were before i patched it to 1.06 so that makes sense.

oh well the powder gangers are wack anyway. i think im going to side with those crazy crimson fuckers. the whole 'lottery' shit they did was fuckin awesome.

lol as i approach nipton, and a guy is running towards me screaming he has the winning lottery ticket, i talk to him and he says hes the winner of the lottery and hes getting out of there. i immediately went into vats and shot his head off and stole his winning lottery ticket before finding out what it really was. oops.

i also shot that one guys face off to steal his star bottle caps

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
i see. well the first 3 hours of my game were before i patched it to 1.06 so that makes sense.

oh well the powder gangers are wack anyway. i think im going to side with those crazy crimson fuckers. the whole 'lottery' shit they did was fuckin awesome.

lol as i approach nipton, and a guy is running towards me screaming he has the winning lottery ticket, i talk to him and he says hes the winner of the lottery and hes getting out of there. i immediately went into vats and shot his head off and stole his winning lottery ticket before finding out what it really was. oops.

i also shot that one guys face off to steal his star bottle caps
I remember talking to that dude, and seeing him randomly like 30 hours into the game, running from a giant radscorpion. Shit was funny as fuck.

May 4, 2002
i am at the ncr camp. and they want me to see why there's rads in the water. i went to vault 34 but i cant find the key cards to open the 2 locked doors
i got a homie with me and i dont know wtf to do.

Aug 24, 2003
well looks like i wont be siding with the legion fuckers
i saw some group of legion and boone was with me and started merking them, now im infamous.
o well

this game is so addicting. i pretty much do every single quest i run across, i still havent even progressed the main quest that much and im level 12. running around with some weapon called "That Gun", a space suit, and like 600 bullets. unstoppable

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
well looks like i wont be siding with the legion fuckers
i saw some group of legion and boone was with me and started merking them, now im infamous.
o well

this game is so addicting. i pretty much do every single quest i run across, i still havent even progressed the main quest that much and im level 12. running around with some weapon called "That Gun", a space suit, and like 600 bullets. unstoppable

After reaching a certain point in the main quest your reputation goes back to neutral so you can side with them again if you want.

Aug 24, 2003
After reaching a certain point in the main quest your reputation goes back to neutral so you can side with them again if you want.
cool!

yea right now im doing a bunch of quests for the NCR but once the exp dries up, im outta there
theyre a buncha fuckin whiners. every single NCR camp ive come across has been a bunch of whiners talking about they dont got this, they dont got that, it sucks to have to do this, sucks to do that. jesus christ, makes me want to just say fuck it and start shooting every NCR i see without even worrying about lost quests and exp like fuck it

and yea i know this game is kinda old to be talking like it was jsut released like two weeks ago but whatever this shit is fun, lol

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
The Courier's adventures in the Mojave Wasteland are coming to an end, with the last of Fallout: New Vegas' announced DLC expansions, "Lonesome Road," arriving on September 20. It was delayed beyond July and then, "due to circumstances beyond [Bethesda's] control," missed another scheduled pick-up in August.

Bethesda has also announced two smaller DLC packs for New Vegas, entitled "Courier's Stash" and "Gun Runners' Arsenal." The Courier's Stash includes the four content bundles previously available as pre-order bonuses, while The Gun Runners' Arsenal adds weapon mods, ammo types and recipes. Courier's Stash and Gun Runners' Arsenal will cost $1.99 (160 MSP) and $3.99 (320 MSP), respectively

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
I'm definitely getting Lonesome Road and Gun Runners Arsenal. JE Sawyer confirmed over two dozen new weapons, new ammo subtypes, plus challenges and achievements. He also said some of the new weapons will be some of the most expensive items you can buy so I'll finally be putting my caps to good use.