Fallout: New Vegas

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
If by best armor you mean which one provides the best protection, for light armor that would be the Sierra Madre Armor, reinforced but you can only get that if you have Dead Money. For the core game, the best light armor is the Vault 34 security armor. And the best medium armor is the combat armor, reinforced mark 2. You can buy it from the Gun Runners.

Dec 3, 2005
after i completed dead money and honest hearts and had done almost everything in the game, i just went around killing anything that moved. unfortunately when i went back to play it today after downloading the new DLC, my game started in the cave that leads from the mojave to the honest hearts area. so after picking up all my shit out of the footlocker i was over encumbered by like 190lbs. so i decided ill just walk hella slow to the nearest place and sell the shit i dont want. well i went to Crimson Caravan and realized id killed the guy there, went to some other place near there, same thing. ended up selling off stuff at Gun Runners finally.

anyway, the new DLC isnt that great so far, IMO. im only two or three missions deep in it though so we'll see.

Jun 11, 2004
I need to finish up dead money then get on that old world blues. Honest hearts was okay, I liked the area buy the quests were weak. dead money is fun. Not enough new weapons and shit in either really tho.

I think I managed to kill all the great kahns from their valley base and I haven't seen any since. Same with the boomers. so I think you can wipe out the smaller factions.

Jan 18, 2006
i havent played any of the DLC packs on either game, was wondering which ones were the best. I wish u didnt have to have the fallout 3 disc to play the ones that they actually sell on disc cuz i have fallout 3 on PS3 not X-Box

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
after i completed dead money and honest hearts and had done almost everything in the game, i just went around killing anything that moved. unfortunately when i went back to play it today after downloading the new DLC, my game started in the cave that leads from the mojave to the honest hearts area. so after picking up all my shit out of the footlocker i was over encumbered by like 190lbs. so i decided ill just walk hella slow to the nearest place and sell the shit i dont want. well i went to Crimson Caravan and realized id killed the guy there, went to some other place near there, same thing. ended up selling off stuff at Gun Runners finally.

anyway, the new DLC isnt that great so far, IMO. im only two or three missions deep in it though so we'll see.
lol that sucks. After Dead Money
I grabbed all the gold bars and snuck out. They weighed well over 1000 pounds but I got the perk that allows you to fast travel even when overencumbered so I fast traveled my home and put them away.

New DLC is the best so far.
I think it's better than EVERY fallout DLC, except Point Lookout.

I spent about ten hours on it.
The best parts about the DLC, in my opinion, are the characters, the voice acting, and the atmosphere in the Sink and Think Tank. I think I've spent more time there so far then outside. Muggy is fucking hilarious.

i havent played any of the DLC packs on either game, was wondering which ones were the best. I wish u didnt have to have the fallout 3 disc to play the ones that they actually sell on disc cuz i have fallout 3 on PS3 not X-Box
I only got Broken Steel for FO3 and I liked it mainly because it raised the level cap and you could continue after the main game was over. I hear Point Lookout is good too but I mainly hear bad things about Mothership Zeta and Operation Anchorage so you might wanna skip those. For New Vegas, Dead Money and OWB are the best. Honest Hearts has a really nice environment but it's really short.

Dec 3, 2005
yeah i made it out with a good amount of gold bars but not all of them unfortunately. actually taking all of them isnt very usefull i dont think cuz there is only a few people in the game that you can trade with that have 8k or over so you couldnt really off all of them I dont think. i just sold the last one at Gun Runners and basically swapped the gold bar for all the ammo they had

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
got the c*** avenger gun and ran right through the legion took all of em out i noticed v.a.t.s. shit gets stuck sometime when you go in v.a.t.s it will just sit there while dude is shooting me and it takes like a minute to get out

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
got the c*** avenger gun and ran right through the legion took all of em out i noticed v.a.t.s. shit gets stuck sometime when you go in v.a.t.s it will just sit there while dude is shooting me and it takes like a minute to get out
Yeah don't use VATS if you're in a small room or there are a lot of characters around you. It fucks up a lot.

May 4, 2002
I'm not far into the game. Just got to the goules on hardcore. Smoked throughout the town with the dogs and powder gang, didnt know I had ncr armor on and I ain't doing that all again lol

Apr 2, 2010
Pay attention to what you consume and the status effects you endure from enemy attacks. A message will pop up on the top left? when your status becomes affected or changes immediately.