ESPN - JaMarcus Russell To Be Released This Week ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
John Clayton from ESPN is on Mike & Mike in the Morning right now and he is saying the Raiders will probably Release JaMarcus Russell this week. Because if they let him get on the field and he gets hurt they will have to pay the $9M owed to him.

Mar 12, 2010
Unfortunately for russell he had too much hype coming into the pros and got stuck on a team that didnt know how to groom a young QB. He will land somewhere with a proven QB to learn behind

Mar 16, 2005
Unfortunately for russell he had too much hype coming into the pros and got stuck on a team that didnt know how to groom a young QB. He will land somewhere with a proven QB to learn behind
actually there wasnt that much hype, most people said he wasnt ready for nfl much less to start asap. He had 1 good game in college. look at his college career stats and he was boised to bust. I broke it down in a thread after he got drafted that showed just how bad he was against average and above average teams. All his good games came against sub par college teams, he was nowhere ready for nfl.

Mar 12, 2010
All i have to say is Jeff george. J-Russ is just like him cannon for an arm pea for a brain he will land somewhere just based on his arm strength

Aug 9, 2006
al davis busting a nut over him throwing 60yds on his knee and having a good sugar bowl wasnt "hype", everyone...including the common fan were saying "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" when Russell was drafted number 1 :ermm:

Mar 12, 2010
al davis busting a nut over him throwing 60yds on his knee and having a good sugar bowl wasnt "hype", everyone...including the common fan were saying "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" when Russell was drafted number 1 :ermm:
it wasnt just davis espn was hypin him and you couldnt pick up a news paper that wasnt all over his jock. Every where they was saing what a physical freak and how any team that got him was going to be instantly improved and many raider fans were bustin on themselves when you all drafted him. the raider nation was excited. YOU may not have been. I think the bad years as well as the hold out may have changed your minds

Jun 9, 2007
All i have to say is Jeff george.
Russell will NEVER be anywhere near the caliber quarterback that Jeff George was. George wasn't an all-time great by any means, but he had a decent and established NFL career, throwing for almost 30,000 yards, over 150 TD's, and a career passer rating above 80.
Russell will be lucky if he even makes another team as a third-stringer. It wouldn't surprise me if he's started his last game in the NFL.

Apr 20, 2003
I kind of figured JaMarcus Russell wasn't going to be a good QB when he held out due to the contract dispute in his Rookie year.... Like I Pukokeki Ioulo Momu said, the 2nd coming of Ryan Leaf lol!

Mar 12, 2010
Russell will NEVER be anywhere near the caliber quarterback that Jeff George was. George wasn't an all-time great by any means, but he had a decent and established NFL career, throwing for almost 30,000 yards, over 150 TD's, and a career passer rating above 80.
Russell will be lucky if he even makes another team as a third-stringer. It wouldn't surprise me if he's started his last game in the NFL.
dont take it out of context all i am saying is that russell will be picked up because just like jeff george he has a strong arm. geez i didnt know anyone thought jeff george was a good player my personal opinion was that he was all arm and no brain

Aug 9, 2006
it wasnt just davis espn was hypin him and you couldnt pick up a news paper that wasnt all over his jock. Every where they was saing what a physical freak and how any team that got him was going to be instantly improved and many raider fans were bustin on themselves when you all drafted him. the raider nation was excited. YOU may not have been. I think the bad years as well as the hold out may have changed your minds
i heard plenty of people on ESPN saying "if the raiders pick him, they will suck for atleast another 5 years"....JR was one of the most "IFFY" picks of all time atleast in recent history...ya there was plenty of people praising his athletic ability, but no one i remember said he was a "sure thing" or would "instantly improve a team"...

all i heard was "bad muscular mechanics", "not a team leader"...."proved nothing" but thats just from what I remember....

Apr 25, 2002
I'm torn.

On one hand - I hate the Raiders so I hope they keep him.

On the other hand - I think JaMarcus Russell is terrible and any team should release him.

Maybe it's just better to say I don't care if it happens one way or the other cuz everything will work out fine no matter what.