Elite XC announcer ecstatic at Kimbo T.K.O..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
What makes Kimbo a charade though?

Is it:

A) Because he got knocked out by a dude with pink hair who was half climbing the fence of the cage in fear of his life.

or:

B) Because he rushed in and left his chin exposed (like a lot of upper echelon fighters have in the past mind you - won't name names) and got caught (again like a lot of upper echelon fighters have in the past)

By no means am I saying Kimbo is in the upper echelon of MMA fighters... BUT... This type of fight happens ALL THE TIME.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is going back to that one youtube video where Kimbo was LETTING that dude who was huger than him crack him in the jaw multiple times ... hard. What happened to that chin? Was big dude not catching him on the "button" and Petruzelli did?

May 10, 2002
elite XCs announcing and shameless plugging makes me not want to support it.
If you're talking about the "all hail Kimbo" attitude, then shit, UFC does/did the same thing with Chuck Liddell. Go back and listen to that fight he had with Evans or any Chuck Liddell fight for that matter

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
How gay is Seth Petruzelli? Apparently very gay ..

http://deadspin.com/5059233/meet-the-man-who-felled-kimbo

.. and @ MrPeete .. it's different when you're telling someone to hit you on the chin and you see every punch coming. The other dude might be a harder puncher than Seth but it's usually the punch that you don't see coming that puts you on queer street. Kimbo ran at him with his hands out wide and his chin up in the air and probably didn't see the punch that hit him.

Kimbo isn't a charade, EliteXC is. Kimbo did what anyone in his situation would do. EliteXC made him out to be something that he's not and almost everyone knew it, including Kimbo who admitted several times that he's still in preschool in terms of his MMA progress. I don't knock Kimbo for taking an opportunity and making good money (hopefully) out of it.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
But if they catch you, they catch you, whether you do or don't see them coming correct?
I mean if they still hit yea it causes hard impact but most of the time when you see the punch coming you can roll with it as opposed to taking the full force of the punch by not seeing it. In boxing Librado Andrade can take punches like they're nothing but when Yusaf Mack caught him with a punch he didn't he put him on his ass. Even the iron faced Margarito got staggered by Daniel Santos on a punch he didn't see coming.

May 10, 2002
I mean if they still hit yea it causes hard impact but it's different when you don't know the punch is coming at you. In boxing Librado Andrade can take punches like they're nothing but when Yusaf Mack caught him with a punch he didn't he put him on his ass. Even the iron faced Margarito got staggered by Daniel Santos on a punch he didn't see coming.
This is the interesting stuff to me.

In those cases you cited, were the fighters out, or were they just temporarily stunned?

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
This is the interesting stuff to me.

In those cases you cited, were the fighters out, or were they just temporarily stunned?
It was temporary but you gotta remember this is boxing, where especially in Andrade's case he got a chance to recover from the knockdown by getting a count. Margarito just had good recovery time. You can tell both were visibly stunned and they're not guys who got stunned easy, if at all.

If you check either of these guys fight (as well as many others) you can see how they take a lot of shots but they roll with it to not take the full force of the punch. I'm using them as an example because they're guys who take a lot of punches and it's noticeable in their fights.

Peep the punch that catches Andrade and how it hits him flush ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N00IuUbJGkM

And on the side click on any of the Andrade/Kessler links and watch how he rolls most of his punches.

Aug 9, 2006
i still wanna see kimbo fight....people knew this would happen....now throw him in the cage with some other dude that can punch hard....maybe we will see someone go to sleep in the next one lol

Apr 25, 2002
What makes Kimbo a charade though?

Is it:

A) Because he got knocked out by a dude with pink hair who was half climbing the fence of the cage in fear of his life.

or:

B) Because he rushed in and left his chin exposed (like a lot of upper echelon fighters have in the past mind you - won't name names) and got caught (again like a lot of upper echelon fighters have in the past)

By no means am I saying Kimbo is in the upper echelon of MMA fighters... BUT... This type of fight happens ALL THE TIME.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is going back to that one youtube video where Kimbo was LETTING that dude who was huger than him crack him in the jaw multiple times ... hard. What happened to that chin? Was big dude not catching him on the "button" and Petruzelli did?
What makes him a charade? How about the fact that he earned his fame on Youtube by fighting a bunch of scrubs in backyards and boatyards. Or the fact that he has no formal training and was only signed by EliteXC because of the aforementioned youtube fame. Or the fact he was only placed against opponents that EliteXC felt he could beat, in an effort to make him look like a dominant fighter. They made him a fuckin headliner before he ever had a professional fight and never put him up against an opponent that was even halfway decent. The fact of the matter is Kimbo Slice has no training and stands NO CHANCE against a decent MMA fighter, but he was made into an invincible character by EliteXC in an effort to draw crowds and make money. It was all a charade. Now it's been exposed. By a no-name fill-in no less.

Apr 25, 2002
Ahh yes.. The old overused "hater" response. And you even managed to use a quote from a song to say it. Congratulations.

Maybe next time you'd like to bring some points or insight to the table.. I'm guessing you have none, however.

Feb 12, 2004
Any educated MMA fan knew what was up with Kimbo. You can't just come into this sport after you beat up a bunch of nobodies on a boat yard. The man is hard working and humble tho so it's not his fault hes hyped to be some amazing heavyweight. The caliber of fighter in today's professional MMA organization is no fucking joke. These dudes have been working their craft for YEARS.

Nov 7, 2006
Any educated MMA fan knew what was up with Kimbo. You can't just come into this sport after you beat up a bunch of nobodies on a boat yard. The man is hard working and humble tho so it's not his fault hes hyped to be some amazing heavyweight. The caliber of fighter in today's professional MMA organization is no fucking joke. These dudes have been working their craft for YEARS.
exactly. i thought ken would take him and then when i heard about this dude i said it would be over quickly. i made 2 bills off my boys that night since i was the only one who went for that emo looking motherfucker lol. KIMBO has no MMA talent what so ever and besides punching, he's helpless in the sport

May 10, 2002
What makes him a charade? How about the fact that he earned his fame on Youtube by fighting a bunch of scrubs in backyards and boatyards. Or the fact that he has no formal training and was only signed by EliteXC because of the aforementioned youtube fame. Or the fact he was only placed against opponents that EliteXC felt he could beat, in an effort to make him look like a dominant fighter. They made him a fuckin headliner before he ever had a professional fight and never put him up against an opponent that was even halfway decent. The fact of the matter is Kimbo Slice has no training and stands NO CHANCE against a decent MMA fighter, but he was made into an invincible character by EliteXC in an effort to draw crowds and make money. It was all a charade. Now it's been exposed. By a no-name fill-in no less.
Wow. Red text and everything...

As someone else mentioned in this thread and if you really sit down and think about it, Kimbo isn't the charade, he's just the centerpiece of the charade. Unfortunately he's the one that draws the fire and not the entities actually responsible for putting on the charade in the first place. You anonymous characters that get mad, should get mad at EliteXC and CBS, not Kimbo.

That's capitalism for ya

And another thing, his last two fights were FREE, lol, mufuckas actin like they spent 60 on a PPV or somethin.

Apr 25, 2002
As someone else mentioned in this thread and if you really sit down and think about it, Kimbo isn't the charade, he's just the centerpiece of the charade.
Which makes "Kimbo Slice" a charade. What don't you understand about that?

He's the one that decided to video tape himself fighting a bunch of clowns in backyards. He's the one that decided to capitalize on the "Kimbo Slice" character. He is just as responsible for this charade as EliteXC. Nobody forced him to do what he does.

MrPeete said:
You anonymous characters that get mad, should get mad at EliteXC and CBS, not Kimbo.
I don't know who's getting mad, I know I'm not. Sometimes you just have to let these know-nothings in on what's real. Anybody who thinks Kimbo Slice is even halfway decent as an MMA fighter knows nothing about mixed martial arts. You can blame it on Kimbo, EliteXC, CBS or anyone else you want. It's not gonna change the fact that the guy cannot fight with professionals.

You can come to his rescue all you want, but the fact remains he is in on the charade and therefor is a charade himself.

MrPeete said:
That's capitalism for ya
That's absolutely right.

MrPeete said:
And another thing, his last two fights were FREE, lol, mufuckas actin like they spent 60 on a PPV or somethin.
Who's acting like they paid for the fights? I didn't even bother watching either one of them live, I was drinking at a party last night and I don't even recall what I was doing during the previous fight.

All I'm saying is this whole situation is a big joke and anyone who truly believes Kimbo Slice is a good MMA fighter doesn't know what the fuck is going on. Blame that on whoever you want, EliteXC, CBS, Kimbo or Santa Claus, it really doesn't matter.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
it has nothing to do with training, kimbo lacks the physical tools, not enough k.o power, and no chin, shitty cardio, not that quick..... you cant train natural talent, the top tier dudes are all gifted physically, and just work on top of that, but with out the natural talent, you will never be shit, just like any other pro sport, its all genetics.

May 10, 2002
Which makes "Kimbo Slice" a charade. What don't you understand about that?

The pageantry surrounding the "Kimbo Slice" character is the charade. What don't you understand about that?

I'd look at this differently if Kevin Ferguson didn't appear to be trying to take the sport seriously. At the same time, he'd be an idiot not to try to capitalize on the character. If people are going to buy into it, that's not his fault by any means. I mean shit, people buy J-Lo albums and even she knows she can't sang, lol ...

The people that bought into it based solely on clips from youtube are just as responsible for how they're feeling now (if they're mad). Also, don't underestimate the fact that there are people out there that just happen to like a good story. From youtube to primetime is a good story to some people.

When words like charade and sham get tossed around, it's implied that there was intentional deception somewhere. You're a moron if you assumed that Kimbo could magically come from youtube into MMA and dominate.

I wasn't saying you in particular was gettin mad. No need to tell me about your weekend, lol