Dallas Cowboys acquire WR Roy Williams from Lions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ies/101508dnspocowboyswilliams.111b05472.html

03:13 PM CDT on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

IRVING – Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones made no secret he wanted to add a receiver opposite Terrell Owens in the off-season. It just took until the final moments before the trade deadline to get it done.

The Cowboys on Tuesday acquired UT-ex Roy Williams from Detroit for first-, third- and sixth-round picks in 2009 while the Lions will kick back their seventh-rounder in 2009, moments before the 3 p.m. trade deadline, according to a source.

The move bolsters a passing game that is ranked fourth in the NFL but about to experience life without quarterback Tony Romo (fractured pinkie finger).

Williams, who turns 27 in December, has 17 catches for 232 yards and a touchdown for the 0-5 Lions. His best year came in 2006, the only season in which he played 16 games, when he caught 82 passes for 1,310 yards and seven touchdowns.

Williams is making $3.7 million and is in the last year of his contract, which made it difficult to complete a trade. Williams is seeking a big extension. However, the Cowboys could use the franchise tag on him if necessary, which would essentially block him from free agency.

In the off-season, the Cowboys signed Owens to a four-year extension worth $34 million that included a $12.9 million signing bonus.

GODDAMN JERRY JONES IS A SAV

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Wow.....Williams and Owens! Thats deadly......Hopefully T.O. dosent mind sharing and really wants to win.......Cause after that last interview...."the offense should go through me" i dont know if he is.....Roy Williams is a #1 WR on many other N.F.L. teams....When Romo gets healthy this should be fun to watch......Even without Romo it will be good...........Can we trade Al Davis for Jerry Jones??????

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
What a terrible move by the cowgirls, Roy is a primadonna in the making, him and TO = fail, just like this

Apr 13, 2006
wow. mothafukas be making the good teams even better. just like raiders traded moss to an allready good patriots. and now the lions giving roy williams to an allready good cowboys

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Hahahahaahha yea tight move baby!!! Double T.O. now!! And ofcourse a gay ass whiner fan gonna say its a bad move!! But when yall come to town u will feel the rath of this trade!! hahahah!!! Got Em!!

Jul 8, 2007
i love this pick up. its gonna be raining balls (no homo) on everyones defense once romo gets back. double T.O., double RW, leave witten open, either way you look at it, someone will be open. then you throw barber and felix into the mix.....its gonna be crazy. I just hope our defense mans' up right now and start to play better.

and with pac gone for now, its a definite blow to your defense, he was the best corner we had with newman out, im hoping scandrick or jenkins steps up big this week.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
i love this pick up. its gonna be raining balls (no homo) on everyones defense once romo gets back. double T.O., double RW, leave witten open, either way you look at it, someone will be open. then you throw barber and felix into the mix.....its gonna be crazy. I just hope our defense mans' up right now and start to play better.

and with pac gone for now, its a definite blow to your defense, he was the best corner we had with newman out, im hoping scandrick or jenkins steps up big this week.
yea im hoping they dont get to one sided and just stick to passing and not giving the ball to jones and barber but jones is injured i think he is out for like a week