Carmelo Anthony traded to New York Knicks

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 16, 2005
The Knicks got Chauncy, AND Melo plus others...and they got raped?????
the others we got after Gallianari are better than the others we "nuggs" gave up. add draft picks, yes nuggs came out ahead. in 4 months knicks could have just signed melo for nothing other than the cost of flight and ink.

Jan 4, 2003
Im pretty sure most of us seen this coming.. its been written in words for a while now.. about time it actually got done.. Chris Paul will be in NY soon

Mar 16, 2005
BUT it IS a different offense
oh I know that, but both are wide open run run run run offenses. Melo already takes a shitload of shots a game, is that all of a sudden going to increase even more? are more of his shots all of a sudden going to fall? what about when amare on bench and melo getting double teamed, no more hot shooting smith, or afflalo to take a man off him. I dont see him numbers going up at all, like I said they will stay near the same

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Anyone who says this is a bad move for the knicks is a fucking idiot. Who cares what they had to give up, those guys are all replaceable. Melo is arguably the best scorer in the NBA. They won't be competing for a ring this year, but they will in the future, especially if they can grab CP3 or D. Williams

Mar 16, 2005
Knicks got better

Nuggets got worse

point blank

nuggets basically worried about tha future now
actually they arent worried, they stock piled for future. we knew Melo was leaving, and we ended up getting 4 players 3 early picks and cash all for a player who was going to be gone in 3 months.

Did we get worse, sure, did we get in better position to build for future faster, YEP.

Mar 16, 2005
Anyone who says this is a bad move for the knicks is a fucking idiot. Who cares what they had to give up, those guys are all replaceable. Melo is arguably the best scorer in the NBA. They won't be competing for a ring this year, but they will in the future, especially if they can grab CP3 or D. Williams
until amare and melo decide to play d they wont beat teams like celtics bulls or magic who are great on defense. and they are only 2 deep, compared to heats 3 deep so yeah knicks are at lest 4th best and I would argue they wouldnt beat atlanta right now either.

Jan 4, 2003
actually they arent worried, they stock piled for future. we knew Melo was leaving, and we ended up getting 4 players 3 early picks and cash all for a player who was going to be gone in 3 months.

Did we get worse, sure, did we get in better position to build for future faster, YEP.
I guess thats a good way to look at it.. you got a point.. he was gonna leave Denver regardless, even tho reports said he was still willing to remain a nugget (we all know that was bs, and NY is prolly tha only place he really wanted to go) so nuggets had to at least get something for him..