braids (hair).....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
Slappin Beatz said:
i think yall should stick wit tha bowl cut for real yall extra hair be stickin out and shit
bowl cutt...homey not all white peaople are beatle wannabe's...common on fa'real...

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
i said nothing of that nature...don't put that shit in my mouth...forget the yall/us thing .... WE ALL COME OUT THE COOTCHIE WIT HAIR no matter if its black brown blonde red green purple thick thin short or long...you right we all change style sometimes...

Apr 25, 2002
n
Slappin Beatz...I'm Sicilian which most would classify as white and my hair is, and has been, tight curls. I used to have my shit bangin and when I got it braided, by black girls who didn't braid white folks hair, that my hair was perfect for braiding cuz it was easy to grip and parted easily. Not all white folks got straight hair. Now I've got a #1 razor faded into a #3 and it's dippin harder than any of my folks is...after 2 weeks of training that shit. So what do you think I would look like with a bowl cut? I'd have a half fro.
But on subject, I say, to each his own. I don't judge people on first appearences cus they are often misleading. When I see a white person with braids I notice it, but I don't really think twice about it or think he's trying to be black. And if you think that as a black person, then you are falling into stereo types and pre-judgements that you would not want someone to direct to you. Say you got gold ones and you wearin your pants with a slight sag. How you feel when them Pig's be rollin by hella slow waiting for you to slip up and do 1 wrong thing. The only reason they are suspicious of you is cuz you look gangsta. But I know cats who have gold ones and sag that have never smoke no bomb or pulled a lick in their life.
Is a black person trying to be white if he wears Girbaud clothes? Is a white person trying to black person if he wears FUBU? What's the fucking difference? It's the same way...yeah cornrows were originated in African culture as a way of keeping their hair in check. But now it's a fashion statement and who gives a fuck whether you're rockin em, being as you are white, or black, or mexican, or asian, or native american, or indian? A lot of rappers these days call them selves mobstas and adopt names like "Coleone" or "Capone" or "Gotti". Where yall think that came from? So if I was biting yalls culture by wearing my hair in french braids then yall are biting mines calling yallselves Capone's and shit like that (not speaking directly at any black folks). But do I give a fuck?Nah dude. So what's the difference?

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
IT DEPENDS WERE YOU LIVE AT,ESPECIALLY THOSE FOOLS THAT LIKE TO SAY NIGGA AND AINT BLACK....YOU DONT SEE MUCH OF THAT IF ANY OUT HERE IN L.A,UNLESS YOU WANNA GET STUCK OR SHOT...EVERYTHING IS A LITTLE MORE RACIAL OUT HERE..ESPECIALLY IN DEEP L.A LIKE SC,COMPTON,WATTS ETC..MAYBE THE BRAIDS WOULD JUST GET YOU CLOWNED BUT SAYIN NIGGA THATS A NO NO...AND IF FOR ANY REASON YOU GO TO THE COUNTY JAIL WITH THOSE BRAIDS I THINK THEYLL HAVE TO STICK YOU IN ROOM FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION,AND ANYBODY WHO'S BEEN THERE KNOWS I AINT BULLSHITTING...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Young B, I've been waiting for someone to saysomething as intelligent as what you said. I could not agree with you more. I get harassed by cops around here more than most black folks at my school. Why? Cause I'm not the typical white kid. And I agree with you about first impressions. I always get the wrong impression of people when I judge them after one meeting. So I try not to do that. If someone is gonna think differently of me, and judge me without knowning me, just cause I'm white and I have corn rows, then I say fuck them. That's a dumb reason to clown on someone, or to not like them or whatever. People act like it's a big fuckin' deal. I don't see why people are still on the issue of, you're white so act like it....How do you act white? Or act black or mexican or asian? Nobody can ACT like any one race. People are mislead by stereotypes and they don't look beyond shit most of the time.

Apr 25, 2002
YoungB said:
A lot of rappers these days call them selves mobstas and adopt names like "Coleone" or "Capone" or "Gotti". Where yall think that came from? So if I was biting yalls culture by wearing my hair in french braids then yall are biting mines calling yallselves Capone's and shit like that (not speaking directly at any black folks). But do I give a fuck?Nah dude. So what's the difference?
What is there culturally to be proud about of having MOBSTERS from your country? And its not really the name that these rappers are proud of using, but its the image that these people were.

Apr 25, 2002
n
As you said WestAfrica...it all comes back to image, right? They adopt the name because they liked their image. The image of people with my ethnicity. I don't give a fuck, and why would I? Why would a person of African decent give a fuck if a white guy is sportin braids? Why assume they are trying to be black, when they may just like the way it looks, the style, the IMAGE? I think you really missed my point to begin with, but whatever. All I was saying, is why be so IGNORANT as to think someone wants to be black from the way they walk, talk, or wear their hair? I don't like people who complain about being pushed into stereo-types, and then turn around and put somebody into a category on first appearence. That's called being a HIPOCRITE. And no I'm not speaking directly to any race, cuz if I was, I'd be a hipocrite, too. Whatever though, I think personally people these days are too proud...who gives a fuck if you are white, black, brown, green, yellow, blue or red? Look inside the soul, and leave that rascism shit in the past where it belongs.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
hasn't this turned into quite the heated debate? I think Young B is comin' with some good points. It's an image, not that someone wants to be another race or whatever. I'm in a rush, so I'll hit this up later......

Apr 25, 2002
YoungB said:
As you said WestAfrica...it all comes back to image, right? They adopt the name because they liked their image. The image of people with my ethnicity. I don't give a fuck, and why would I? Why would a person of African decent give a fuck if a white guy is sportin braids? Why assume they are trying to be black, when they may just like the way it looks, the style, the IMAGE? I think you really missed my point to begin with, but whatever. All I was saying, is why be so IGNORANT as to think someone wants to be black from the way they walk, talk, or wear their hair? I don't like people who complain about being pushed into stereo-types, and then turn around and put somebody into a category on first appearence. That's called being a HIPOCRITE. And no I'm not speaking directly to any race, cuz if I was, I'd be a hipocrite, too. Whatever though, I think personally people these days are too proud...who gives a fuck if you are white, black, brown, green, yellow, blue or red? Look inside the soul, and leave that rascism shit in the past where it belongs.
No man this does not comeback to an image thing, we are talking about CULTURE. I am saying that some rappers love the images of mobsters like Al Capone, Gotti, Dillinger, Scarface etc. CULTURE is a lot of things combined, music, language, APPEARANCE, stories, history etc. And Capone is not one of them but Cornrows is apart of black CULTURE...

Now I am not against whites with cornrows in there hair, I think it looks silly on a lot but not all.

leave that rascism shit in the past where it belongs.
:rolleyes:

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
WestAfrica2010 said:
Now I am not against whites with cornrows in there hair, I think it looks silly on a lot but not all.

Not on me. I think it looked tight. Everyone thought I was crazy when I said I was gonna do it, but everyone was like, "i didn't think it would look good, but it's tight," once they say it on me. I dunno, I just think it looks tight on me, personally.