BITCH ASS RAKIM!!! PEEP THIS!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Well, I like to think of myself as a "hardcore" fan, ya know, seeing as he's one of my favorite artists and I bump him almost on a daily, but goddamn, hardcore has been takin up a FEW new levels. Shit's scary.
I feel you. I bump his shit all the time, and love most of his music. But these guys act like they're in some fuckin cult and they worship him

Aug 8, 2004
i know more about rakim than you think all im saying is that tech has done alot more in the past few years than rakim has ...the 18th letter was fuckin great so was the master all im sayin is the dude didnt invent how to rhyme there was ill emcees before and there will be many after rakim he is not the defining point in hip-hop. and just because you have gold & platinum records doesnt mean your a good lyracist it simply means the public bought into what your selling so you could be a good artist or simply just a good product

Jul 1, 2004
i know more about rakim than you think all im saying is that tech has done alot more in the past few years than rakim has ...the 18th letter was fuckin great so was the master all im sayin is the dude didnt invent how to rhyme there was ill emcees before and there will be many after rakim he is not the defining point in hip-hop. and just because you have gold & platinum records doesnt mean your a good lyracist it simply means the public bought into what your selling so you could be a good artist or simply just a good product
Maybe he's not right now. But he will always be considered a hip hop legend. Tech, on the other hand is not a hip hop legend in most peoples eyes.

Aug 8, 2004
this is true and yes rakim will always have a legendary status. and i agree he is still an amazing emcee plain and simple i just hate that he snubbed tech because tech is my favorite artist so it may very well be just biterness that an artist whos music i love got dissed when in reality it has nothing to do with me so i shouldnt care but i cant help the fact that it bugs me and seeing him sign that painting really grates my cheese but you are correct in sayin that rakin is was and always will be a legend i still think tech is better and hope that he will have the same legendary moniker in the comming years

Oct 25, 2006
this is true and yes rakim will always have a legendary status. and i agree he is still an amazing emcee plain and simple i just hate that he snubbed tech because tech is my favorite artist so it may very well be just biterness that an artist whos music i love got dissed when in reality it has nothing to do with me so i shouldnt care but i cant help the fact that it bugs me and seeing him sign that painting really grates my cheese but you are correct in sayin that rakin is was and always will be a legend i still think tech is better and hope that he will have the same legendary moniker in the comming years
Your fucking bold text is hurting my eyes.

Feb 9, 2006
I cant fuckin believe this discussion is 10 pages long STILL arguing about Tech vs Rakim. They are on complete different fuckin levels...

LET IT GO. Shit.

Sep 30, 2002
Yeah, because last time I checked Tech had multiple Gold albums and a Platinum album.
Rakim is a legend period, his move was faulty, but who hasn't made a faulty move before. If its a beef, then its a beef, but if a remember correctly there would have to be a response, or atleast a comment from Rakim.

On another note, since Tech has kinda exploded in the last 5-6 years, the days of realistically going platinum and gold (unless you are a big name i.e. Jaz-Z,Eminem or Lil Wayne, or attached to a existing big name) arent very good.

Rakim did go gold and platinum, however he did it at a time when you HAD to buy your music. Have you listened to his music lately? The dude REALLY thinks he is God, literally, not just on the rap tip, but of the world Craig, of the world. He would be an outcast if you were to release the music he did during his glory days, today, and I very seriously doubt he would go gold or platinum these days, I mean hey, people already know who he is and he sold 11,000 on the lastest release. That being said, dude can't control the era he recorded in and was a beast during his time, so people should just stop even debating this and understand that grown men are gonna do what the fuck they wanna do.

Nov 14, 2002
I have a hard time with people arguing about record sales for a guy who was making records for so long. Comparing a dude selling 50,000 from ten years ago as opposed to a completely different market of today... Just doesn't fly. You're comparing album sales to fuckin' oranges.

Record companies aren't paying as much attention to album sales as they were when Rakim sold an album or two. I guarantee you sit down at the Strange office and they're busy looking at Youtube hits, iTunes downloads, individual web hits, message board members, Facebook followers, etc.

Jul 1, 2004
Rakim is a legend period, his move was faulty, but who hasn't made a faulty move before. If its a beef, then its a beef, but if a remember correctly there would have to be a response, or atleast a comment from Rakim.

On another note, since Tech has kinda exploded in the last 5-6 years, the days of realistically going platinum and gold (unless you are a big name i.e. Jaz-Z,Eminem or Lil Wayne, or attached to a existing big name) arent very good.

Rakim did go gold and platinum, however he did it at a time when you HAD to buy your music. Have you listened to his music lately? The dude REALLY thinks he is God, literally, not just on the rap tip, but of the world Craig, of the world. He would be an outcast if you were to release the music he did during his glory days, today, and I very seriously doubt he would go gold or platinum these days, I mean hey, people already know who he is and he sold 11,000 on the lastest release. That being said, dude can't control the era he recorded in and was a beast during his time, so people should just stop even debating this and understand that grown men are gonna do what the fuck they wanna do.
Couldnt let this slide. What you said about Rakim sounds exactly like Tech.