Arrested Development

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I'd probably need to take a second look at it, its got alot of actors i like in it. The dad who was locked up is in alot of shows and movies i like

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Such a layered show for a comedy, amazing writing with more attention to callbacks and premonitions than most cable dramas. From Buster making a lot of seal & hand references until he lost his hand to a seal attack or Lucille being revealed to be the mastermind of the companies illicit projects, all made you appreciate earlier episodes when you watch them again.

May 9, 2002
I am all about running & callback jokes, and this show has so many. Even though i have watched the show all the way through 7 or 8 times, i STILL catch shit i didn't prior. Its amazing.

"her"? is hilarious.

Frisky Dingo has the same format of callbacks, running, and reference jokes.

Sep 12, 2005
Can't wait for the movie!

Like everyone else said, this show is probably the most layered comedy I've ever seen. You need to see every episode in order. I've watched the whole show probably about 8-10 times as well, and I still pick up on jokes or foreshadowing that I never picked up on before. Just caught this one: Michael telling George Michael in the cabin about "not having a girl problem..much less a stupid one" (in response to GM trying to explain the Maebe situation). Then later that episode Michael meets Rita. *light bulb*

Feb 14, 2006
‘Arrested Development’ Movie, and New TV Episodes, Are in the Works

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2...rested-development-movie-and-new-tv-episodes/

Assuming Mr. Hurwitz and his “Arrested Development” confederates are not performing their own experiment on their fan base, he said he was about halfway through a screenplay with his co-writers Jim Vallely and Dean Lorey, but did not specify a studio for either the movie or television components, or a network that might broadcast the new episodes. The project, he said, “requires studios to work together that don’t typically work together, film and TV.”

Mr. Bateman, who played Michael Bluth, the lone, sane member of the family, said: “There’s business left to be done, but creatively we are all on board and have a very specific plan about how it would come out and what we would do and when we would shoot it. I think we’re targeting next summer to shoot it.”
Mr. Hurwitz added, “Perhaps the series is in the fall. This isn’t my decision.”

By way of apology, Mr. Hurwitz also said that while he and the “Arrested Development” team had intimated in the past that the movie wasn’t coming together because Mr. Cera – who has since been propelled into leading roles in films like “Superbad” and “Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World” – was standing in the way, this had all been an inside joke gone wrong.

“I kind of was perpetuating a little thing, like, wouldn’t it be funny if Michael Cera was the holdout. Let’s put that out there. And Michael had that Andy Kaufman thing. And then it really turned ugly, quickly. So I really just have to say, for those of you that have been following this saga, Michael’s always been great.”
I really hope they find a way to stay away from FOX. FOX screwed them big time in the end.

Feb 14, 2006
'Arrested Development' Revival: Entire Cast Confirmed For Netflix Series With Original Writers

The entire original cast of "Arrested Development" -- Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Jeffrey Tambor, David Cross, Michael Cera, Portia De Rossi, Tony Hale, Alia Shawkat and Jessica Walter -- will be back for the new season on Netflix, according to writer Dean Lorey.

Lorey took to his blog to share the news.

"We're really doing this thing," he wrote. "Mitch Hurwitz, Jim Vallely and I are off writing the new season of 'Arrested' to premiere on Netflix in 2013."

To all the skeptics out there, Lorey confirmed that production is underway, even though the schedule is under wraps. "There are offices and parking spaces," he wrote. The new season is slated to debut on Netflix in 2013, with a film to follow.

"Arrested Development" creator Hurwitz first announced the series' revival in October 2011 at the The New Yorker Festival. "Arrested Development" originally aired for three seasons on Fox from 2003-2006 and movie rumors kicked off soon after cancellation; but now, more than five years later, the Bluths are officially returning.

The current plan is for a 10 episode series for Netflix followed by a feature film. Series star Bateman confirmed the news shortly after it was announced in October.

"'Arrested Development' is one of the finest American comedies in TV history and its return through Netflix is a perfect example of how we are working closely with studios and networks to provide consumers with entertainment they love," Ted Sarandos, Netflix's chief content officer, said in a statement in November.

Let the chicken dancing continue!

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
1 month left, all eps premiering at the same time, sidenote;

In S01E10 “Pier Pressure” Buster is pulling out his Medical Marijuana binder from what we can assume are binders related to other ‘Studies’ that Buster has taken part in, and what we observe is a binder labeled:

“HEMISPHERECTOMY SURGERY”

A hemispherectomy is a very rare surgical procedure where one cerebral hemisphere (half of the brain) is removed or disabled.

Might this explain a lot about why Buster as an adult is still needing constant supervision…. among other things…

“may suffer problems with their vision as well.”
“Feeling tired or depressed.”
“…you lose use of the hand opposite of the hemisphere that was removed.”

Q: “What Risks Are Associated With a Functional Hemispherectomy?
A: Delayed (or arrested) development.